TWU merger agreement

enough already

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
http://twubkfacts.org/home/tabid/1494/ctl/detail/mid/3089/itemid/739/twu-president-announces-new-merger-transition-agreement.aspx

One question for all mechanics at AA:

Did any of you, in the general membership, have any input, or say so about this merger agreement? Anyone?
With AMFA you would have. And with the membership giving what it would take to get a merger done, then the co would have agreed to better conditions than what the lousy TWU got you guys. The TWU could have done better guys, just look at the amount of cost difference from all 3 MOU's. Pilots getting raises every year, as well as increased 401K that they do not have to contribute to to get a whopping 16% And the pilots get a mid contract review to bring them up to average of UAL and Delta and this has nothing to do with the hard raises on the yearly increases. Pathetic job done by the TWU--just pathetic guys...

Very convenient of Little to forget about our deficiencies in Sick Pay & accrual, the amount of recognized holidays & holiday pay, and let's not forget how the TWU allowed AA to take two weeks of vacation from us as well - in the last 10 years. While I am at it, how about shift differential and longevity pay. Yes the TWU left out plenty.

Very convenient of Little to forget about our deficiencies in Sick Pay & accrual, the amount of recognized holidays & holiday pay, and let's not forget how the TWU allowed AA to take two weeks of vacation from us as well - in the last 10 years. While I am at it, how about shift differential and longevity pay. Yes the TWU left out plenty.

Most are ignorant about benefits and look only at their wage.

The update failed to mention that Profit Sharing was given in exchange for the increase. Bird in the hand.

One positive note about a merger would be that if we do merge the 3rd year wage adjustment would be better. Still likely would not do as advertized once you factor in Vacation, Holidays, Sick time and workrules, we would still be at the bottom, but it would be better than if USAIR was part of the equation at their current rates. Just UAL and DL would be in the formula. One would hope that in three years they would be up to at least $40.

The update failed to mention that Profit Sharing was given in exchange for the increase. Bird in the hand.

One positive note about a merger would be that if we do merge the 3rd year wage adjustment would be better. Still likely would not do as advertized once you factor in Vacation, Holidays, Sick time and workrules, we would still be at the bottom, but it would be better than if USAIR was part of the equation at their current rates. Just UAL and DL would be in the formula. One would hope that in three years they would be up to at least $40.

Bob,

The profit sharing was garbage and you only have to look at the ua/co merger and realize there wouldn't be any profits! As far as the vacation and benefits go eventually they will put us on par with the usair guys I would imagine when our pos contract is up.

What they aren't telling you is the massive layoffs there will be in maint. I expect only the top 4k to have any chance of staying.

The worthless union traded most of the profit sharing for the current bankruptcy agreement. AA offered 15% of first dollar profits, pilots traded away 10% for slightly higher pay and thanks to the me-too provisions, everyone else only got 5% of first dollar profits. I believe that the pilots also gave away their 5% for their MOU. So the AA unions, including the worthless union, give away any potential to share if things turn out profitably.

Meanwhile, over at DL, the employees will share $372 million in profit sharing plus $91 million in "Shared Rewards" (monthly/quarterly performance goal rewards) for a total of $463 million. According to WT, the profit sharing portion equals a bonus of more than 6% of Delta's W-2 wages.

Once you guys vote out the TWU and vote in AMFA, perhaps some competent negotiators will reclaim some industry-leading profit sharing.

Twu will get 4.3

Iam will get you 5.0 percent

Teamsters wil get you 6.3 percent

Amp and Amfa will get you a case of Scottch double malt aged good luck

Go amp FYI I live in ord who am I someone nose booze I am

I guess next week we will find out our fate, but here are a few questions?

Did the TWU give us to the IAM in a swap for the ramp? Since the Intl. dislikes the AMT's.

Are they going to continue with the closing of the locals if they made a Deal with the IAM?

Now that our profit sharing is gone vers a 4.3 raise what happens to the 3% raises and the equaliztion 3 yrs down the road?

Will the TWU protect our frozen pensions from being done away with and allow USAir to put it into PBGC?

As far as dove tailing the merged seniority list did TWU do to us what they did to the TWA guys in this deal?
What is going to be the ratio during the meger of two companies AMT work force?

Does the IAM represented AMT's have a date of hire and not an occupational date?

How long will it take the FAA to consider AA and USAir as a single carrier?

What happens if AMFA or the IBT file before the single carrier status?

First of all US cant dump your frozen pensions to the PBGC unless they go back into bankruptcy.

US has date of hire for travel, and vacation accrual, and date of classification for job bidding, seniority and etc....

The IAM uses dovetail, one for one, no ratios, no stapling.

The FAA doesnt rule on single carrier status, that would be the NMB, can take around six months or more.

If AMFA or the IBT file, there will be an election at AA as longs as its before scs if filed.

Bob that all depends on how long they can get away with operating us as two different companys. If they drag their feet like they do in negotiations, then they can operate AALIC for that long and factor in US Air wages. Of course vacation, sick time and holidays won't be considered.

First of all US cant dump your frozen pensions to the PBGC unless they go back into bankruptcy.

US has date of hire for travel, and vacation accrual, and date of classification for job bidding, seniority and etc....

The IAM uses dovetail, one for one, no ratios, no stapling.

The FAA doesnt rule on single carrier status, that would be the NMB, can take around six months or more.

If AMFA or the IBT file, there will be an election at AA as longs as its before scs if filed.

Where can we find a US.Air mechanics seniority list?

Latest posts

Back