TWU merger agreement

Read post 18. It was published by AA after the LBFO was ratified and clearly states the the company will" set aside 5 percent of pre-tax
income after the first dollar of profits into a fund. Those profits will then be equitably distributed to
employees based on each individual’s eligible earnings. "

Then post 24 publishes a comparison sheet published before the vote was taken to compare the original term sheet to the LBFO...notice the language states the new profit sharing would be : Beginning at the first dollar of pre-
tax income, the new Profit Sharing plan
would pay awards equal to 5% of all pre-
tax income, prorated to take into account
any groups of frontline employees who
do not participate in the plan. Pre-tax
income for the purposes of these awards
will be calculated prior to the effects on
income of any special, unusual, and non-
recurring items or incentive pay.

Now read them closely. Before the vote, there was no indication that the profit sharing plan would be put into a "fund" and was simply stated that it would be equal to 5% of pre-tax income. After the vote, it states that 5% of pre tax profits would be put into a fund. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

And quit bringing up Delta. First of all, their flight attendants don't have a contract...they get whatever Delta decides to give them and secondly, Delta decided to offer them a lucrative profit sharing plan without threatening to lower their pay scale in exchange.

Not one union member, not one local rep, not one person who will be effected by this decision was asked for thier opinion or input. !!!!!!!!!!
The all mighty, unaccountable, unrecallable, untouchable, six figure income, A4 pass flying, scum of the earth sell out International made yet another deal with the devil. When they go to hell, and they will, I hope they recieve no mercy!

Not one union member, not one local rep, not one person who will be effected by this decision was asked for thier opinion or input. !!!!!!!!!!
The all mighty, unaccountable, unrecallable, untouchable, six figure income, A4 pass flying, scum of the earth sell out International made yet another deal with the devil. When they go to hell, and they will, I hope they recieve no mercy!

You mean to say that the TWU didn't send you a ballot to vote on the MOU after you had a couple weeks to review the proposal?

You mean to say that the TWU didn't send you a ballot to vote on the MOU after you had a couple weeks to review the proposal?

If you guys had AMFA representing you, you would have, in fact, had 2 weeks to review and have had a vote on rather to accept or decline the MOU. With the TWU they will ALWAYS make the decisions for the membership, ALWAYS...

Heard that Bobby Gless called one of our members in NewYork last night. He kept insisting that the deal was not as bad as it sounded. Well from his perspective, its not a bad deal for him. Screw over all your former coworkers and get a $180000 a year salary, a $125000 a year pension, A5 passes for you and your family and Admirals Club admission to minimize the chance you actually ever have to face the people you screwed over.

You didn't even have to ask. Management offered 15% First dollar profit sharing a year ago when it handed over the term sheets. The pilots succeeded in negotiating that down to 5% which was in each of the LBFOs and now they've negotiated away the remaining 5%. It's one thing if the pilots want to give away their own profit sharing, but the other two unions went along with it thinking the "me-too" clause actually made them better off.

Perhaps history will show that the AA employees struck the correct bargain (zero profit sharing). If the new AA fails to earn profits, then the employees won't be losing anything. Of course, if the company fails to earn profits, the writing's on the wall and Bankruptcy Part Deux awaits.

It's really pretty simple. Consistent profits = much smaller chance of another bankruptcy (and corresponding concession demands). Thus, it would logically follow that most employees not looking to bail in the short term would prefer working for a profitable airline. If you're going to work for a profitable airline, getting a payout of several thousand dollars a year, on average, is desirable (like DL's employees have received three years in a row).

Pretty simple in your book, give up $20k a year in pay for the chance of getting maybe $2k a year in profit sharing is a good deal, for the shareholders that is.

THE NEGOTIATIONS

11. What authority did the TWU have to negotiate these transition arrangements?
The TWU operated under the same authority as a certified RLA representative as the APA and APFA, and handled matters in a similar way.

Well, not quite. Under both the APA and APFA the people with the authority were elected and can be removed by the members, under the TWU none of the Representatives involved were elected by the members covered under the deal.

The new name is aa blue us and they are voting in the two again I want to go amp or. Amfa

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/twu-defends-decision-to-give-up-profit-sharing.html/

10. Has the “Me Too” provision been lost?
The “me too” letters have never been, and will not be applied to US Airways. USAirways does not have “me too” arrangements covering its own workforce. However as stated in the MOU, “…the TWU shall reserve its right to maintain and/or assert (in accordance with the terms of the Me Too letters) a claim solely in regards to American’s collective bargaining agreements with the APA and APFA in the form and substance approved by the Bankruptcy Court through December 19, 2012, or any new agreement entered between American and the APA or APFA after the date of this Memorandum and prior to the Merger.” Simply put, the “me too” letters regarding APA and APFA remain in effect.

I like how the ME TOO clause does not apply to the USAir guys. It seems that it does not or no longer applies to AA either in respect to what the Pilots or Flight attendants have.
Especially the 14% 401k no employee match that the Pilots have and the 2% bump to 16% if a merger goes through. They get a bump and we gave up profit sharing. Now what is this ME TOO clause all about again???

10. Has the “Me Too” provision been lost?
The “me too” letters have never been, and will not be applied to US Airways. USAirways does not have “me too” arrangements covering its own workforce. However as stated in the MOU, “…the TWU shall reserve its right to maintain and/or assert (in accordance with the terms of the Me Too letters) a claim solely in regards to American’s collective bargaining agreements with the APA and APFA in the form and substance approved by the Bankruptcy Court through December 19, 2012, or any new agreement entered between American and the APA or APFA after the date of this Memorandum and prior to the Merger.” Simply put, the “me too” letters regarding APA and APFA remain in effect.

I like how the ME TOO clause does not apply to the USAir guys. It seems that it does not or no longer applies to AA either in respect to what the Pilots or Flight attendants have.
Especially the 14% 401k no employee match that the Pilots have and the 2% bump to 16% if a merger goes through. They get a bump and we gave up profit sharing. Now what is this ME TOO clause all about again???

How the hell can US say the "me too" clause does not apply to US mechs?? It all depends on who's contract the entire merged membership is put under until a single combined integration list and single contract is nego.
Saved jobs my eye. TWU "agreed" to allow the company get rid of thousands and thousands. "AGREED"
Now the TWU gave away the profit sharing for a 4.3% raise, when someone posted that in 1.5 years you guys are going to get a 4.2% raise anyway. Thw TWU was just successfull in eliminating the members pfofit sharing after merger.
Remember 1AA, a merger may not accure. If you click on the link below, it does make sense:

3 Reasons To Nix This Merger

Latest posts

Back