Voted IN

No i'm saying I wouldn't vote for anyone who wasn't an AMT A&P Mechanic & Dave is a welder so that means he would never get my vote for an officer anymore than a stock clerk or a fleet service clerk would, anyone who isn't an A&P Mechanic doesn't represent my interest's in my opinion.

Well every A&P mechanic except Charlie Meyer voted against bringing the deal back that you voted for so your logic doesnt make sense.

Apparently you do not share the same interests as the majority of your fellow A&Ps and people who you say you would not vote for , people who are not A&Ps, do.

Reactions: 1 person
One's job classification has nothing to do with their experience or education level on being a union rep or officer.

One's job classification has nothing to do with their experience or education level on being a union rep or officer.

Maybe not in the IAM, but here at AA and mostly in Tulsa, we have people working in classifications that are only here because they have or have had a relative at AA. They come in bringing NOTHING to the table. They truely are "lucky to have a job, brother" Union Members. Once this type becomes a Union Officer or Rep, they have zero desire to fight for their jobs or the rest of us. They instead are fear mongering fools. And that mentality has huge effect on their ability as a Union Leader.

Maybe where you are at things are different, but it appears Tulsa Oklahoma might be the true "anamoly" to real unionism and what "union leader" really means.

Well then I would have to blame the membership for reelecting them then.

True, but nobody else will run for office because they have made the job such a undesireable position, nobody wants to be associated with such disgusting behavior. Most I hang around would never pledge allegiance to the TWU, so they do not run.

Its not a blame game, its about survival. We know where Tulsa stands as a Unit, we know where the line stands as a Unit. No emotion, no anger, just time to part ways.

Yes 26% of Tulsa voted NO, and I would support language that would ensure that all those guys would have the opportunity to come to the line but the overwhelming majority voted to accept the deal. I respect all those in Tulsa who fight for what is right but the numbers aren't even close, we all did all we could to bring them into the fold and stand up for the profession like the pilots have chosen to do, and 26% did, but 74% didn't and that 74% proved to be insurmountable, Tulsa is a lost cause. Without Tulsa we could easily overcome the lilly livered on the line. We simply cant afford to try and sway the majority at Tulsa anymore, we have to try and seperate ourselves from the effect of the roll call vote and a membership that would reject any deal that would give the line more than Tulsa but accept any deal as long as the line gets screwed too. I dont want to fight with Tulsa, whether its Sam or Hewitt or Carlisle, I want nothing to do with them, let them go their way with a deal they feel is good for them and let us go our way and let each group stand on their own merits.

From where we are sitting Tulsa as a unit is willing to accept any concession as long as they can force the line guys to accept it as well. And as a unit Tulsa pretty much controls the negotiations process (through Roll Call) and the ratification process, their control has been the biggest factor in putting us where we are today.

So we had a FSC out of Tulsa, who as a FSC will stay near the top of the industry compared to his peers push through a deal for Aircraft mechanics that would put Line mechanics at AA at least 20% below industry average and 75% of the mechanicsI in Tulsa supported it. . As a group, why would the guys on the line wish to remain affiliated when doing so causes us such harm? Yes we had guys that didnt vote, yes we had guys that voted Yes, but the overwhelming majority of us on the line voted No.

What do you propose the line guys should try and do? Accept this for another six years and hope that Tulsa will change by 2018?

I have to agree. Bob, how can we do this? Lets start now.

Reactions: 1 person
I emailed all of the Local 514 officers asking them when we would get certified results from Ballot Point. Here is their response:

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe not in the IAM, but here at AA and mostly in Tulsa, we have people working in classifications that are only here because they have or have had a relative at AA. They come in bringing NOTHING to the table. They truely are "lucky to have a job, brother" Union Members. Once this type becomes a Union Officer or Rep, they have zero desire to fight for their jobs or the rest of us. They instead are fear mongering fools. And that mentality has huge effect on their ability as a Union Leader.

Maybe where you are at things are different, but it appears Tulsa Oklahoma might be the true "anamoly" to real unionism and what "union leader" really means.
Any person in particular you are referring to ?

Can anyone explain how the "Virtual R.I.F" will work?

If my Occ sen. can get me to 6 different places in the system will we be given choices of the different locations?

Will we have a 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice , ect, ect

Choice #:

#1) Mia
#2) ORD
#3) TUL
est
ect
ect

Can anyone explain how the "Virtual R.I.F" will work?

If my Occ sen. can get me to 6 different places in the system will we be given choices of the different locations?

Will we have a 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice , ect, ect

Choice #:

#1) Mia
#2) ORD
#3) TUL
est
ect
ect

Maybe the virtual RIF is to get you where you might eventually wind up FIRST.. Suppose you get your first bump location choice, but following layoffs will bump you out of there...Then you need to bump again.
I'm just guessing here..... that the virtual bump basically gets you to where you ultimately will wind up. Otherwise why the change from traditional bump and roll?
Maybe someone else can shed more light on this........
Your example might actually be the method assuming you will be able to HOLD any one of your choices.

Maybe the virtual RIF is to get you where you might eventually wind up FIRST.. Suppose you get your first bump location choice, but following layoffs will bump you out of there...Then you need to bump again.
I'm just guessing here..... that the virtual bump basically gets you to where you ultimately will wind up. Otherwise why the change from traditional bump and roll?
Maybe someone else can shed more light on this........
Your example might actually be the method assuming you will be able to HOLD any one of your choices.

thanks Hopeful!! Anyone have any other info on how the Virtual Rif may work?

thanks Hopeful!! Anyone have any other info on how the Virtual Rif may work?
They say all bumps will happen on paper or computer. You are now at TULE and you will fill your bump sheet out and say you did
1,ORD
2.MIA
3.JFK
The virtual bump starts on paper or computer and you bump thru
TULE to ORD first round
ORD to MIA second round
Now the process is over and instead of having to report to ORD and rent an apartment only to get notified a month later that you are being bumped to your second choice MIA, they will hand you a paper that tells you to report to MIA and you bumped thru ORD and you have recall rights to ORD and TULE. You only have to make one physical move through the whole process with a virtual path. Hopefully I explained that good enough.

They say all bumps will happen on paper or computer. You are now at TULE and you will fill your bump sheet out and say you did
1,ORD
2.MIA
3.JFK
TULE to ORD first round
ORD to MIA second round
Now the process is over and instead of having to report to ORD and rent an apartment only to get notified a month later that you are being bumped to your second choice MIA, they will hand you a paper that tells you to report to MIA and you bumped thru ORD and you have recall rights to ORD and TULE. You only have to make one physical move through the whole process with a virtual path. Hopefully I explained that good enough.

Maybe they will allow virtual grievances and expedited hearings also.
There has never been a RIF yet that there were not many unusual and covered up seniority violations.
Good Luck to each that might have to go through this horrible event.
I think between now and 2015, we will see at least two rounds of RIFs and more than likely three.

1,ORD
2.MIA
3.JFK
TULE to ORD first round
ORD to MIA second round

Sounds right. But, like many issues with the new contract, there are going to be many surprises.