TWU merger agreement

10. Has the “Me Too” provision been lost?
The “me too” letters have never been, and will not be applied to US Airways. USAirways does not have “me too” arrangements covering its own workforce. However as stated in the MOU, “…the TWU shall reserve its right to maintain and/or assert (in accordance with the terms of the Me Too letters) a claim solely in regards to American’s collective bargaining agreements with the APA and APFA in the form and substance approved by the Bankruptcy Court through December 19, 2012, or any new agreement entered between American and the APA or APFA after the date of this Memorandum and prior to the Merger.” Simply put, the “me too” letters regarding APA and APFA remain in effect.

I like how the ME TOO clause does not apply to the USAir guys. It seems that it does not or no longer applies to AA either in respect to what the Pilots or Flight attendants have.
Especially the 14% 401k no employee match that the Pilots have and the 2% bump to 16% if a merger goes through. They get a bump and we gave up profit sharing. Now what is this ME TOO clause all about again???

If thats really the reasoning then the Mid term wage adjustment doesnt apply either, along with pretty much everything else in the contracts.

If AA and US merge this week, when would we get the 4.3% raise?
From the MOU:

2. When does the 4.3% raise take place?

The raise will take effect when the plan of reorganization which provides for the merger becomes effective—i.e. upon exiting bankruptcy. The timing of the raise has nothing to do with the operational integration of the two carriers: it will take place before any single carrier petition can be filed, let alone approved.

Latest posts

Back