TWU,TEAMSTERS AND AA

MIA,

I will post what I want when I want, if you dont like it put me on ignore.

You dont own the boards, and you dont make the rules.

What a ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They file for an election, deny the forgery charges, and less than 96 hours ago had this to say about the AA drive .....

Although we lost this campaign, our future coworkers at American Airlines continue to press forward in their campaign for Teamster representation. We believe that they will soon have a chance to vote in an election for their workgroup.
As the largest union of aircraft mechanics and related, the Teamsters continue to believe in their obligation to workers like us in our industry. They see it as their duty to prevent substandard contracts that harm the craft and permit the outsourcing of mechanic jobs.
We ran a strong campaign at US Airways and we sent a strong message. We will continue to stand together as coworkers and with our brothers and sisters at AA.

http://www.teamster.org/content/election-results

Now they just drop it with that laugher of an excuse about the DOJ, and the bankruptcy/merger?

Something tells me the NMB was about to find them guilty of card forgery, and allowed them a graceful exit.

I'm curious just how much of MY DUES MONEY was wasted on this little organizing stunt by these fools.

On a brighter note, the 1 year ban, as others have pointed out, started when the ibt slunk back into the shadows. Cards are good for 1 year from date of signing. So the question remains, what are you, the AA mechanics prepared to do?

As I understood it, the only thing AMFA failed to do here was file a showing of interest to be on the ballot *with* the IBT.

Would there really be any restrictions on how soon AMFA could file for their own election, now that there's not another one in progress?

Perhaps it is time to close this thread, and re-open an AMFA specific one...

Reactions: 2 people
As I understood it, the only thing AMFA failed to do here was file a showing of interest to be on the ballot *with* the IBT.

Would there really be any restrictions on how soon AMFA could file for their own election, now that there's not another one in progress?

Eric, the issue was AA Management filed their list of voters just hours after the IBT filed and AMFA then failed to get "original" required documents to the NMB by 4:00pm as required by the representation manual/rules of the NMB.

The NMB first said they would accept fax copies and wait until the next morning for originals, and then reveresed that position and denied the application. There was never an investigation into the AMFA showing of interest.

WE will have Seham legal talk with the NMB Monday morning, and then see what options we have available.

Gotta start now before the TWU restarts their shenanigans!
I don't know anything about what legally they can do, but obviously Tulsa was and is the problem. We have a contract until 2018 so I would not rush into another card drive if I were them. On the other hand the US Air guys are an unknown. Maybe it's better to get it done before a merge (if there is one).

This is what the NMB Rules say about withdrawn applications. The unusual or extraordinary part will be the interesting one. http://www.nmb.gov/d...s1099.html#1206

§ 1206.4 Time limits on applications.
Except in unusual or extraordinary circumstances, the National Mediation Board will not accept an application for investigation of a representation dispute among employees of a carrier:
(a) For a period of two (2) years from the date of a certification covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier, and
For a period of one (1) year from the date on which:
(1) The Board dismissed a docketed application after having conducted an election among the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier and less than a majority of valid ballots cast were for representation; or
(2) The Board dismissed a docketed application covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier because no dispute existed as defined in § 1206.2 of these rules; or
(3) The Board dismissed a docketed application after the applicant withdrew an application covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier after the application was docketed by the Board.

Who can define " unusual or extraordinary circumstances" and is the one year from date IBT filed, or date docket is dismissed?

This is what the NMB Rules say about withdrawn applications. The unusual or extraordinary part will be the interesting one. http://www.nmb.gov/d...s1099.html#1206

§ 1206.4 Time limits on applications.
Except in unusual or extraordinary circumstances, the National Mediation Board will not accept an application for investigation of a representation dispute among employees of a carrier:
(a) For a period of two (2) years from the date of a certification covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier, and
For a period of one (1) year from the date on which:
(1) The Board dismissed a docketed application after having conducted an election among the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier and less than a majority of valid ballots cast were for representation; or
(2) The Board dismissed a docketed application covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier because no dispute existed as defined in § 1206.2 of these rules; or
(3) The Board dismissed a docketed application after the applicant withdrew an application covering the same craft or class of employees on the same carrier after the application was docketed by the Board.
As it is written in #3 above, I can see a waiting period of one year. However as you stated, it will be interesting if Seham and AMFA can prove the "unusual or extraordinary" cercumstances. Will it be the forgery/fraudulent card collections or will it be the collusion behavior of the union(s) and the company? We can only hope for some good news come Mon. Do what you do best Seham.

Good Bye Teamsters!!!!
As far as the TWU goes it is Mission Accomplished.
How sad that many of the Teamsters card signers did not want to believe the AMFA organizers. So who are the real winners and the real losers?

We as AMT's lost because many believed the Teamsters over the AMFA.
The TWU and AA are the winners because the TWU stays in power and it still has
a cozy relationship between the two.

Had enough yet boys?????

Who can define " unusual or extraordinary circumstances" and is the one year from date IBT filed, or date docket is dismissed?
Once again the answer to this question will arise between all the attorneys as they will take the largest payout over all this. Just hope Seham will do what he does best and come away with the best results.

Looks to me like the applicant (ibt) has the 1 year waiting period. If it just said after an application was withdrawn and didn't point out the singular, applicant, then I would be less optimistic.

If it was a one year wait after ANY filing, then why wouldn't 50 or so TWU lovers file different union cards EVERY year, to keep the twu's lock on representation? Something's not right here, and I'm sure we'll find out what's going to happen soon.

Once again the answer to this question will arise between all the attorneys as they will take the largest payout over all this. Just hope Seham will do what he does best and come away with the best results.

Exactly.... Seham will walk away with the largest paycheck. After all, that is what they do best.