TWU,TEAMSTERS AND AA

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2013/08/02/teamsters-we-did-not-raid-american-we-were-invited-in/

At the time, TWU and IBT were generally friendly with one another. They had a cooperative relationship that included warm relations between their presidents, James Hoffa and Jim Little, as well as a “no raid” agreement and joint co-ordination of lobbying on aviation issues. And both unions strongly opposed efforts by the American Mechanics Fraternal Association to organize at American. That mutual interest was so strong that the TWU thought the Teamsters’ presence might help to forestall an AMFA raid.

They weren't worried about the ibt, they are worried about AMFA. That's why all the AMFA finger pointing by iam/ibt/twu.

Just Freeking Amazing... :wacko:
B) xUT

Has anyone seen Gordon Clark? The last time I saw him he was working for the IBT as a TWU rep being paid by AA to organize MROs. He commented on how hard it was to get a drive going because of the high turnover. people would quit and leave faster than they could get cards.

Has anyone seen Gordon Clark? The last time I saw him he was working for the IBT as a TWU rep being paid by AA to organize MROs. He commented on how hard it was to get a drive going because of the high turnover. people would quit and leave faster than they could get cards.
He was running around DWH a few weeks ago. A little cheerleading for the twu.

They weren't worried about the ibt, they are worried about AMFA. That's why all the AMFA finger pointing by iam/ibt/twu.

Just Freeking Amazing... :wacko:
B) xUT
Correct. Hence the collusion between TWU/teamsters/AA to keep AMFA off the ballot at AA. If AMFA would have gotten on the ballot it would be a no-brainer who would win and the industrial unions all see where it would go after AA brought in AMFA. The snowball effect would have started...

I wonder if Little was forced out by the TWU big wigs, because of a series of errors.

Bringing in the IBT
that statement about SWA maint. When he didn't have all the facts
The total discontent of the membership
The IAM, TWU joint representation.

Back