TWU update: Part 2

if some of the outsourced cities come back to mainline, will they includ cities of MDT and ABE? Also how about other places such as ATL, SAN SEA AVP that all have different goofy outfits doing the ramp
come back to mainline pay?

The IAM loyalist have already said that "THERE WILL BE NO NEW NEGOTIATIONS". So you know the official union position. This is disturbing, not only because it is untrue but also it is unfair to the stations that the PHL leadership sold out.
Thankfully, the simple truth is that negotiations are already taking place for many of the other unions. Although I personally think the IBT/CWA could have done better, they settled a transition agreement that now 'includes' several express stations now up to mainline status over a period of something like 12 months. I think some of the stations are MEM, CLE, DTW, and several others. Pay was also enhanced along with the article on Holidays, and various other articles in return for a 'seamless and cooperative' merger. In fact, because of this new agreement, the customer service workers will now get a 6% raise this April. And the IAM loyalist say, "There will be no new negotiations". Profane indeed.

Your company negotiated this because it NEED$ new agreements so a merger can be 'seamless'. Without new agreements it is likely that your company will have to keep separate operations for a painful and extended time and waste valuable and critical cash reserves.

I think that the best and most cooperative solution would be a semblance of fairness in return for a 'seamless' transition. A semblance of fairness is owed not only to your corporate execs [who you can bet have new employment contracts] BUT also owed to the workers who break their backs everyday...this includes the express operations that the PHL leadership didn't fight for.
Personally I think your new management team recognizes fairness better than previous management teams, however, based on IAM and their loyalist statements I am growing concerned that perhaps in giving your company a 'seamless' merger, that the IAM may be padding their own pockets with additional negotiated perks. Some of those perks may be automatic recognition of some of the feeder operations, perhaps more jobs in PHL and more PHL AGC's. Dunno but something is spooky yet not surprising about the IAM"s position.

The hope of something better will only start with the elimination of the IAM on the property. If you understand that then email me at: [email protected]

regards,

i guess that must be the reason that the FEARLESS IAM has to RAISE the DUES about $1.20 to 2. to cover the heavy casualties they suffered when they bombed their own Fleet Service Agents by selling them out. The inside agents in ABE are happy that they are getting their raisies back to mainline pay. CALLING the Fearless IAM IAM
IAM Where are you????

There is no difference between at will employees, and being misrepresented by the IAM!!!
:shock: Have any of you ever been through an election under the NMB, and have you ever had a union contract one minute and the next it's gone. Well 700UW is telling you the truth. He's telling you the truth about Tim Nelson and he's telling you the truth about what will happen if we have to vote.
No secrets here, there are many of us here that went through this and we had the Teamsters, so if you think that by trying to oust one union for another will make it better, your dreaming. I will promise you all this, if the know it alls are successful in getting another election, we will Lose, and if you think that Doug Parker will treat you better without a union you all must really be smokin' something. Remember the new name US Airways LCC, that should be your first clue.....

:shock: Have any of you ever been through an election under the NMB, and have you ever had a union contract one minute and the next it's gone. Well 700UW is telling you the truth. He's telling you the truth about Tim Nelson and he's telling you the truth about what will happen if we have to vote.
No secrets here, there are many of us here that went through this and we had the Teamsters, so if you think that by trying to oust one union for another will make it better, your dreaming. I will promise you all this, if the know it alls are successful in getting another election, we will Lose, and if you think that Doug Parker will treat you better without a union you all must really be smokin' something. Remember the new name US Airways LCC, that should be your first clue.....
well if that were true, then why is it that the other unions-CWA-Teamsters got a better deal in which the inside agents are getting the mainline pay back but the crappy ol IAM cant even do that but have the balls to raise the dues?
to me the IAM FLeet cant even figure out why they are not well liked. all they care about is the dues and making dam sure that people like Tony Armedio gets his triple digit numbers while the rest of fleet service cant afford to make a living

I just don't understand...........why does everyone say that if there is an election, employees will be without any union??? Do the members not care enough to vote? Do the members not have enough faith in themselves and each other to make the best choice for them? Or is that the members are afraid of change? Are the members so brainwashed that they don't think it could ever be better? Why are the members so afraid??

And as far as DP treating you better without a union......why don't you talk with employees that are NOT under any union and get their take on how they are treated?? Better yet, look at the current situation/contract(s) with the IAM, the IBT, the TWU, whatever current union that is in place and non union.....get the facts and make a choice.

And yes, the new US Airways is a LCC. That has never been some hidden agenda. That's the only way any employee is going to survive in this industry.

Again, the choices are out there. Become informed and make the choice that this great country has afforded you.

I just don't understand...........why does everyone say that if there is an election, employees will be without any union??? Do the members not care enough to vote? Do the members not have enough faith in themselves and each other to make the best choice for them? Or is that the members are afraid of change? Are the members so brainwashed that they don't think it could ever be better? Why are the members so afraid??
In the case of the west, you have many part-timers who are very young and use their jobs primarily as a source of money for some living expenses and beer. They could care less and have had their little brains hardwired by Mom and Dad on the evils of unions. Any election forms or information will probably be chucked in the garbage as junk mail.
In the east, many furloughed workers may never receive information as many have probably moved and are pretty bitter and could also care less.

This is the Achilles Heel of the hole election scenario.

At this point any election that would give the IAM the Boot, would be well worth it. Given what has taken place over the past few years, we were "Employees at Will" anyway and paying dues for it. Get rid of the IAM NOW and get another Union on the property afterwards. These IAM Clowns need to be sent packing NOW!! They have stood idle while we were stripped of our wages and benefits, and in many cases we even lost our jobs due to Outsourcing. With all that has taken place, they have kept on going with business as usual. They continue to raise dues and give their pawns fat raises. I still fail to understand why
700UW keeps chiming in on a discussion that pertains to Fleet Service... I never posted a single word on the Airbus Mtc. Outsourcing issue, as it had nothing to do with me. I feel that he is afraid that his Beloved IAM is fading away more and more all of the time. After what little the IAM has done for me and many of my "Brothers", I would enjoy nothing more than to see them dissappear. Say goodbye to all of those $100k AGC's that have done NOTHING for anyone except themselves.

At this point any election that would give the IAM the Boot, would be well worth it. Given what has taken place over the past few years, we were "Employees at Will" anyway and paying dues for it. Get rid of the IAM NOW and get another Union on the property afterwards. These IAM Clowns need to be sent packing NOW!! They have stood idle while we were stripped of our wages and benefits, and in many cases we even lost our jobs due to Outsourcing. With all that has taken place, they have kept on going with business as usual. They continue to raise dues and give their pawns fat raises. I still fail to understand why
700UW keeps chiming in on a discussion that pertains to Fleet Service... I never posted a single word on the Airbus Mtc. Outsourcing issue, as it had nothing to do with me. I feel that he is afraid that his Beloved IAM is fading away more and more all of the time. After what little the IAM has done for me and many of my "Brothers", I would enjoy nothing more than to see them dissappear. Say goodbye to all of those $100k AGC's that have done NOTHING for anyone except themselves.
That's pretty much the majority of opinion in regards to the IAM union. And I don't think that your and many other's opinions, are limited to Fleet Services. Looks to me, from what I've read all over this board, that it applies to the Mechanics and Related side of the IAM as well. That sure wouldn't give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling........looks like IAM bad all over.

And from what I have gathered, 700 isn't even a mechanic. He's a stock clerk. So Fleet Service and Maintenance issues would be/should be out of his area. But.......IAM blood/brainwashing will prevail for him and his kind. :down:

I have worked the ramp, have many friends that work the ramp and I have worked as utility and as a clerk, utility and stores are all under the same contract at US, unlike the ibt at HP.

As utility and stores you work hand and hand with mechanics.

If you worked in the Mechanic and Related CBA you would know this.

I have worked the ramp, have many friends that work the ramp and I have worked as utility and as a clerk, utility and stores are all under the same contract at US, unlike the ibt at HP.

As utility and stores you work hand and hand with mechanics.

If you worked in the Mechanic and Related CBA you would know this.

I am quite familiar with the Mechanic and Related CBA. So I do know. As an employee, you work hand in hand with ALL work groups.

Still doesn't answer the questions that were posted earlier.

Unfortunately, you are employees at will but getting it stuck to you in dues. In all reality this should be looked at as trying to obtain a union election for the purposes of getting representation like you were non-union to begin with. The truth is that the IAM has not represented you at all and most of its members have 'good sense' and realize this. In other words, you need representation in this case.

You were better off in 1993 than you will be in 2013 with the IAM [contract duration plus 3 years of negotiaitons for a freakn pay raise].
In 1994 you were not paying dues yet you had far superior vacation package; holiday package; sick time package. Your retirement rate was almost twice of what it is in the dreadful IAM pension plan. Your pay was $17.88 yet the IAM will have to wait till the next tentative agreement, presumably after 2013 to see 'big wages' like that. Your seniority was respected and protected if you got laid off unlike the IAM which decided to stick it to all the more senior rampers in the small stations [presumably to protect PHL] by stripping them of their seniority after 90 days. Your health care was WAY WAY WAY superior and it didn't expire and force you on COBRA after 90 days if you had surgery. And now the IAM has contracted out almost all the jobs. You went from like 8500 workers to around 2,000 now in only like 10 stations. The IAM even had the balls to contract out the BUF, ORD, etc., but keep them dues paying members. I mean, the IAM members in BUF and ORD are the contracted help they might just not know it.

At any rate, I am in process of comparing your IAM with the non-union major airlines pay and benefits for fleet service [continental as an example] and the non-union workers are really blowing away your pay and benefits BIGTIME. How anyone in their right mind can say that you are represented is a freakn joke. You are union for sure but you are not represented AT ALL. I'm just pointing to the scoreboard.

With the IAM: 3,990 active employees with 40% part time, even though there were 8,500 Fleet service workers in 1994 before the IAM started dropping off cities and negotitating out job functions to keep PHL catering.
A horrible pension contribution rate that is worst than even the non-union clerks and secretaries get and close to 50% less than what your ticket counter people get, and not even close to what the contribution rate is for other groups. You don't get paid for dropping the dime. Your vacations are rock bottom. Overtime rates, holiday rates, shift differ rates......you don't have them dudes even though thousands of non-union workers do that are doing the same job you do. I could go on but I got to go get a bite to eat.

Sign your card and let's take care of what needed to happen years ago.

regards,

I guess you been under a rock, it is not 1993 anymore the whole industry is in the tank.

So then with your thinking all the pilots should dump ALPA and APA, all the FAs should dump the AFA, all the rampers should dump the IAM and etc....

The IAM does not contract out any stations, that is US Airways who makes that choice on what cities get contracted out and who does the work not the IAM.

Gee Tim, dont let the facts get in your way, every legacy carrier employees have taken concessions either mutual or forced upon them.

And Tim, why don't you come clean about your three unions you tried to start and how you caused a one year bar on a union vote?

And why are you soliciting cards for the AGW and the TWU at the same time?

And why are you posting lies?

It was a final offer, not an IAM negotiated concessionary contract, the company had the judge in their pocket and got your contract abrogated, guess you forgot about that.

You know some days I really wish they final offers were rejected and then you would see how really bad it would have been.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

Which was?
The questions in Post #21. And no, they are not specifically addressed to you..........just anyone that can answer truthfully, honestly, with no bias and factually.

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that takes the time to think about those questions and answers.

Latest posts

Back