TWU update: Part 2

I just don't understand...........why does everyone say that if there is an election, employees will be without any union??? Do the members not care enough to vote? Do the members not have enough faith in themselves and each other to make the best choice for them? Or is that the members are afraid of change? Are the members so brainwashed that they don't think it could ever be better? Why are the members so afraid??

You know I really don't have the answers, but it appears at least in the past that no one has cared enough to vote.(Fleet Service) Again fleet has never had 50% of anything when it comes to the vote. All I can say is weigh it in the balance & decide for your self.

That's sad. Maybe if the factual information is put out, then the members will feel more inclined to vote. I would hope that will happen.

700, your blatant ignorance of the facts sometimes surprises even me. I have not asked anyone to sign an AGW card. The AGW does not exist anymore and you can verify this with the DOL. Apparently you must be laid off and not in touch with current events. FWIW, there is no AGW card, won't be one, and if that isn't good enough for you then I will shout it here: DON"T ANYONE SIGN AN AGW CARD!

What is truly disturbing is that you are consistent with other IAM Loyalist. You avoid all questions, hide behind handles because otherwise your lies would be exposing and embarassing to you, hide key information, and go on endlessly using scare tactics that remind me of a movie I once saw whose title was "The Russions are Coming".
Any your constant personal badgering of people on this board leads me to believe your only business on here is to blow off your anger.

At any rate, the truly good thing is that nobody has to like Tim Nelson and the representation predicament of Fleet Service members is not conditioned on 'personhoods'. I myself have failed people in my life so I stand accused of some of which you say but I am going to stand proudly with a strong conviction of ridding fleet service of an oppressive 'piss clam' beast called the IAM. Nobody should have to pay for 'captive' non-representation...Nobody.

The IAM has done NOTHING for fleet service..NOTHING except agree to contracting out more jobs provided they continue getting the dues from them. They did it with MDA and after they figured out your company tricked them on that, they decided to agree to contract-out 20 additional cities provided your company keep the workers as dues paying members of the IAM. BUF, ORD, and about 20 other stations ARE the contracted help AND they get to pay dues for it.

regards,

700, your blatant ignorance of the facts sometimes surprises even me. I have not asked anyone to sign an AGW card. The AGW does not exist anymore and you can verify this with the DOL. Apparently you must be laid off and not in touch with current events. FWIW, there is no AGW card, won't be one, and if that isn't good enough for you then I will shout it here: DON"T ANYONE SIGN AN AGW CARD!

He has done a lousy job of representation in PHL. When I went to PHL personally to take care of a card drive for the AGW, PHL was no problem. We got 50% without spending over $10.
regards,

Hmmm, um....700, there is something called, "Time related" that is buried in the context of almost everything written in the history of mankind.

Kindly consider the following case scenerio entitled "thoughts on the Iraq war".

Dude A says, "I am for the war in Iraq" and sometime later Dude A says, "I am not for the war in Iraq". His audience understands him and does not question the remark.
Why is this?
a) they are morons
b} they are incapable of intelligent discussion
C} The audience understands that Dude A made the first comment in 2002 and stands by it, and he made the second comment in 2005 and because of changed variables he no longer supports the war.

The answer is C.

Likewise, I did do prior card drives in PHL to get rid of the IAM but it doesn't naturally follow that a previous card drive is the same as a current one. Tell me, 700, do you understand this or are you still debating whether the answer is A or perhaps B?

regards,

I don't know why you go back and forth with Nelson, he carries no weight. Never did and never will. Although I'm not a huge fan of the IAM, guys like Chandlee, Flynn, and Armedio have done more in one week of their careers to help the Fleet group than Nelson could do in 100 lifetimes. He had a couple of flunky transfers in PHL like Roger M. and Dave L. that worshiped him, but 99.9% of FSA in PHL couldn't tell you who he is.

When I went to PHL personally to take care of a card drive for the AGW, PHL was no problem. We got 50% without spending over $10.

BS. You never got 50% of PHL to sign AGW cards. You never even got close to 50%. You either can't count or you're a liar. Looking at your past record of being self serving, I'll go with the latter. The vast majority of cards that you did get signed were from catering, where most of the agents were transfers into PHL. These are the same agents that are partly responsible for us losing IBT representation in the early 90s, and then losing a couple of other elections. They're sheeple. Before they came to PHL everyone was burning their ballots, so they did too. Once they got the shaft and had to transfer to PHL they would sign anything put under their noses.

You come on this board and act like you know PHL, you don't know squat. In another thread you said that it was Coia that intimidated Armedio and that Joyce never backed down. Again, BS. Coia couldn't intimidate Mother Theresa and was disliked by tons of PHL FSA. If there was an O.T. scam going on, Coia was one of the select few to benefit. Joyce was great for running his mouth behind your back but pull him aside and his butt tightened. Lion's mouth, canary's a**.

You also keep saying that someone in PHL needs to get "a set." The fact is that there are plenty of guys that have a "set", but none of the real players will ever have anything to do with you.

I'd love to see the IAM gone, but it's not going to happen IMO. There are too many new FSA in PHL that don't give a rats a** about any union, and then add in the furloughed agents who have moved on to other careers. There are too many ballots that won't get mailed in. You may get the 35% to force an election, but IMO you won't get 50%+1 to send in a ballot. It's happened two or three times before. Anyone who says that we're better off as an employee at will than with this lousy IAM contract is a moron.

Yea OK..... Outsourcing....Concessions...Loss of top pay rate after 60 days on Furlough... Lost holidays...Lost Vacation time... 50% pay for sick days....I could go on for hours.
I would take the PDO system over this Crap Anyday..

wings396,
Crap is what it is. Fleet service is still non-represented much like at Continental and other airlines. The difference between the US AIRWAYS fleet workers is that they make alot less than the non-union outfits and unfortunately have to pay dues for it. Why anyone would want to keep them is beyond 'good sense'.

It is my understanding that a web site is being created to present facts and information. The IAM has raised dues to pay for its luxuries, distorted facts, and have clouded employee rights to organize and it is very important to let the employees know how to exercise their rights so they can make informed decisions.

CLT continues to sign cards and I got a new report from MYR that the previous workers there will be signing TWU cards at their party this week. Also, MCO has emailed in with desire to sign cards. So things are looking extremely positive regarding an election.

Separately, some workers in PHL have emailed me and said that the PHL leadership has made threatening remarks about getting someone fired if they sign a TWU card. Remember, you have the right to organize. For those who need a card and want to sign/mail it privately then
email me at: [email protected].

regards,

Ummm, Reagan, Clinton and Bush got re-elected because they convinced enough constituents they were doing a good job.

IAM should be able to convince the membership they are worthy of re-election.

Right?

You may get the 35% to force an election, but IMO you won't get 50%+1 to send in a ballot. It's happened two or three times before. Anyone who says that we're better off as an employee at will than with this lousy IAM contract is a moron.

I agree with D M G 100%. I am no fan of the IAM and all the "nice" things they negotiated for me. The simple truth is this, historically over the last several years when we had the concessionary votes, no where near 50% of the membership showed up to vote. If this holds true during a representation vote, we are screwed. Plain and simple. I have asked on these boards and even asked TWU reps recently who pm'd me. What the specific pay and bennies they are trying to negotiate with DP. I cannot get ANY specific #'s from them. They expect us to vote for their representation, but won't tell us what they are trying to get for us. I've said this before, and I'm gonna say it again, if we vote for TWU, we take a paycut. I don't know about you folks, but my paycheck pays the bills, not my ego. I have taken enough paycuts already, I'm not takin another one! So to all of you TWU people, if you want us to vote for your representation, Show us real #'s or shut up!

Hey everyone, sorry to be on another rant on here, but here is some serious food for thought. Why does the TWU card drive have be right now? Why such a hurry? If I understand things correctly, and someone chime in here if I'm wrong, the TWU is presently in negotiations with DP and company for a new contrct. With that said, why not wait a few months and see what the TWU folks can wrangle out of the company.
Who knows, they may be good at negotiating, and get us something better. Or they may run into a brick wall. Either way for us, we need to be factually informed as to what we will be getting. If we vote now and the TWU gets nothing or very little from the company, then we have lost pay again. If the TWU gets a great pay and bennies package from the company, then all of the IAM FSA will be scrambling to vote. IMO, now is not the moment to change, they have shown us nothing factual, only stirred emotions. We are all pissed at the IAM. Lets not bite off our noses to spite our faces. This issue should be put on a back burner till the TWU wraps up negotiations.

It was a final offer, not an IAM negotiated concessionary contract, the company had the judge in their pocket and got your contract abrogated, guess you forgot about that.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

1. We are aware and have not forgotten that it was not a negotiated contract.... we are also aware and will never forget that the IAM (a) was in bed with the company from the git-go [don't forget they had a member on the BOD and knew what was coming down the tube] (B) did not come forward with a recommended vote to F/S. © because of being in bed with company they let 22 stations be outsourced [doesn't the IAM still get dues from most of these outsourced cities?]

2. Please find another saying..... you have completely worn out "Don't let the facts get in the way." (along with a few others)

1. We are aware and have not forgotten that it was not a negotiated contract.... we are also aware and will never forget that the IAM (a) was in bed with the company from the git-go [don't forget they had a member on the BOD and knew what was coming down the tube] (B) did not come forward with a recommended vote to F/S. © because of being in bed with company they let 22 stations be outsourced [doesn't the IAM still get dues from most of these outsourced cities?]

2. Please find another saying..... you have completely worn out "Don't let the facts get in the way." (along with a few others)
fortunately the 22 cities they outsourced, the dues are not coming in. that is why the useless IAM Fleet Service had to raise the dues to make up the severe losses whne they sold their own Brothers and Sisters out from under the bus

fortunately the 22 cities they outsourced, the dues are not coming in. that is why the useless IAM Fleet Service had to raise the dues to make up the severe losses whne they sold their own Brothers and Sisters out from under the bus
I would recommend reading the "Mechanics Vote" thread. Sounds like there are issues with the IAM vs. "the other union" there also. Sounds pretty much the same.

Good luck to all.

Latest posts

Back