US Pilot Labor Thread 10/5 to 10/12 KEEP ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Included was the complete disregard of the Eischen arbitration award specifying the allocation of E190 seats[/color][/b].

From the award:

"Based on all of the facts and circumstances of record, I conclude that the America West pilots' fair and equitable share of flying generated by the fifty-seven (57) EMB-190 aircraft to be added to the US Airways fleet should be one-third (33%). Premised on the underlying assumptions of 57 new EMB 190 aircraft ....."

25 aircraft are firm deliveries with 32 needing to be 'reconfirmed'.

it goes on to say:

"In the event there insufficient vacancies on the first (joint) bid, the America West pilots shall be entitled to be awarded the remaining vacancies in subsequent bids"

The USAPA proposal

"West Pilots shall be entitled to one-third of the Captain and one-third of the First Officer positions on the first 25 EMB190 aircraft delivered, on a vacancy basis only."

Then it adds priority bidding for PHX and LAS - not provided for by Eischen arbitration.

"In the event that EMB190 flying replaces current flying in LAS or PHX, EMB190 positions in LAS or PHX will be available to be included in the protected positions."

Where is the complete disregard?

Hey not everyone can be on their own lofty perch looking down at all those who surround them.

Gulp!..I'm now surrounded!!??. :blink: ...This could be serious then!! :lol:

Freighterguynow: "Where is the complete disregard?" Regarding the example of the 190's as well as within most all other issues; It exists only within the minds of the "Specially Entitled" crowd out west, and nowhere else that I can see.

From the award:

"Based on all of the facts and circumstances of record, I conclude that the America West pilots' fair and equitable share of flying generated by the fifty-seven (57) EMB-190 aircraft to be added to the US Airways fleet should be one-third (33%). Premised on the underlying assumptions of 57 new EMB 190 aircraft ....."

it goes on to say:

"In the event there insufficient vacancies on the first (joint) bid, the America West pilots shall be entitled to be awarded the remaining vacancies in subsequent bids"

The USAPA proposal

"West Pilots shall be entitled to one-third of the Captain and one-third of the First Officer positions on the first 25 EMB190 aircraft delivered, on a vacancy basis only."

Then it adds priority bidding for PHX and LAS - not provided for by Eischen arbitration.

There are none in PHX or LAS and probably will not be anytime soon with Mesa around.

"In the event that EMB190 flying replaces current flying in LAS or PHX, EMB190 positions in LAS or PHX will be available to be included in the protected positions."

From the award:

it goes on to say:

The USAPA proposal

I also believe Tiger made reference to MDA guys never flying mainline a/c. The 170 was a mainline aircraft not because I said so but because the FAA said so. All of this has been brought on by ALPA and the company. Oh the tangled web they weave.

EastUS: "You folks out there certainly drink deeply of the Koolaide and wholesale lies with easy grace it seems."

Funny. I was going to say that very same thing to you!

I also believe Tiger made reference to MDA guys never flying mainline a/c. The 170 was a mainline aircraft not because I said so but because the FAA said so. All of this has been brought on by ALPA and the company. Oh the tangled web they weave.

I take it you are a MDA guy...

BTW I really do not know who USAPAWATCH.COM is but I like what they have to say. This is where I am getting this stuff. I am just copying and pasting...

EastUS: "You folks out there certainly drink deeply of the Koolaide and wholesale lies with easy grace it seems."

Funny. I was going to say that very same thing to you!

Understood. Time will tell the tale as to all the who's right bickering. I find it both extremely frustrating and downright bizarre that, instead of the west people actually examining any/all possible methods for minimizing or avoiding furloughs..that all you're doing out there is whatever's possible to attempt to undermine the union's efforts in every way, shape or form possible, and haplessly instead, hanging all hopes on some bogus promises of magical litigation that'll "fix" everything. To me sir..that's purely insane on your folks part...but it's your call out there.

I take it you are a MDA guy...

BTW I really do not know who USAPAWATCH.COM is but I like what they have to say. This is where I am getting this stuff. I am just copying and pasting...
USAPAWATCH.com I'll check it out, thanks. I am a former MDA guy, hired at US in Jan89. Furloughed Jan03 for 18 mo. Flew MDA May 04. Back flying group 2 a/c May 06.

The ultimate definition of irony.

This is from USAPA’s motion to dismiss. They are saying that the courts do not have jurisdiction over this case because the plaintiffs did not go to arbitration.

“It is undisputed that none of the Plaintiffs have filed a grievance relating to the minor disputes alleged in their Complaint. (Brennan Decl. ¶ X) (Company MTD at 3). As distinguished from the failure of the plaintiff in the Supreme Court’s Toledo case to avail itself of voluntary arbitration, the disregarded arbitration process in the instant case is mandatory.â€￾

So the whole reason this case is in federal court is because USAPA has refuse to abide by binding arbitration. USAPA’s solution to this is (OMG) go to binding arbitration. Then what. USAPA ignores that when they lose?

USAPA sent section 29 letters to west pilots for termination for non payment. Which they lost. Because USAPA can not follow their own rules C&BL. The west pilots are not paying because USAPA is not following the rules and will not abide by final and binding arbitration. USAPA’s solution! File an appeal and demand final and binding arbitration.

Seriously. Can you USAPA supporters not see the joke that your leaders are? How can anyone, especially Doug Parker take them serious?

USAPAWATCH.COM

PHX/LAS pilots, just call your rep!

The May 15, 2008 USAPA update contained the following:

“The Board then addressed their concerns over the lack of Representatives for the PHX and LAS domiciles. The board agreed that it is in the interest of all US Airways pilots to have access and full use of committees such as Safety, Scheduling and R & I. The BPR further agreed that greater participation from US Airways pilots in the Phoenix and Las Vegas domiciles would facilitate completion of a single collective bargaining agreement. By unanimous resolution the Board then passed a resolution that every effort would be made to recruit Phoenix and Las Vegas domicile members for positions on all Association committees, with priority being given to include Phoenix and/or Las Vegas domiciled pilots on the USAPA Merger and Negotiating Advisory Committees.â€￾

Five months have passed from the date this was written and the PHX and LAS pilots are still without representation. Mr. Bradford, can you please explain this oversight?

At the very least, the West pilots deserve local council meetings and visits from the national officers. Mr. Bradford, have you or any of your self appointed representatives visited the PHX or LAS crew rooms or made any attempt to hold information sessions?

Remember Mr. Bradford, we’re not just watching what you say, but everything you do(or don’t do in this case).

Remember Mr. Bradford, we’re not just watching what you say, but everything you do(or don’t do in this case).

You forgot something...

Where is the copy of your letter expressing your willingness to volunteer. Surely you made a copy of it and remembered to send it "return receipt requested"?

We want to see your volunteer letter that got dismissed... you have one don't you? Well don't you?

You forgot something...

Where is the copy of your letter expressing your willingness to volunteer. Surely you made a copy of it and remembered to send it "return receipt requested"?

We want to see your volunteer letter that got dismissed... you have one don't you? Well don't you?

Just forwarding the info friend! I wanted to make sure none of you missed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back