US Pilot Labor Thread for the week 6/6 to 6/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that their lawyer is busy collecting postings and subpeonaing IP addresses from USPA supporters from this and other sites as well in their defense.

Let me understand this, posting one's opinion on a web board is somehow akin to sending poop through the mail, or say, calling the safety hotline 300 times in a day? That's the best argument you can come up with, seriously?

Well, in all honesty, I don't know that they even have a lawyer, I have read that only one to be defended by the AWAPPA attorney will be Mc(whatever his name is). By the way, what a great organization to get involved with - direct the troops to do something absolutely asinine and then tell them "you're on your own guys"!

I mean this with all due respect; why don't you guys just grow up and get with the program?

Well, in all honesty, I don't know that they even have a lawyer, I have read that only one to be defended by the AWAPPA attorney will be Mc(whatever his name is). By the way, what a great organization to get involved with - direct the troops to do something absolutely asinine and then tell them "you're on your own guys"!

"INTEGRITY MATTERS!" :rolleyes:

"I mean this with all due respect; why don't you guys just grow up and get with the program?"
Amen, twice over.

Just a FYI, East Perm bid for October is out on the hub. Shows a reduction of 2800 positions down to 2644. Also EVLOA's are offered starting June 13th.

By the way, what a great organization to get involved with - direct the troops to do something absolutely asinine and then tell them "you're on your own guys"!

And HOW many flights were cancelled the day the east decided to do their million moron march on Herndon? But when upper mgt's got your back, no worries.

"INTEGRITY MATTERS!" :rolleyes:

"I mean this with all due respect; why don't you guys just grow up and get with the program?"
Amen, twice over.
I don't think they realize what's going on, if this place tanks anytime soon I don't think their job prospects would be to good, on ther other hand most of us on the east are at the end of the line because of our age. To me the west has a lot more at stake than we do, time will tell.

Isn't it the other way around? Who's more likely to get hired: a 31-yr old or a 61-yr old? The 31-yr old never got to make the money the 61-yr old did, so he doesn't have the overhead and can afford to bide his time at another airline.

Of course he shouldn't have to.

I don't think they realize what's going on, if this place tanks anytime soon I don't think their job prospects would be to good, on ther other hand most of us on the east are at the end of the line because of our age. To me the west has a lot more at stake than we do, time will tell.

Agreed and then some sir. That voluntary leave's looking pretty tempting all by itself..assuming I'd be eligible, haven't looked yet. It's been a LO-ooong time since I've had any "Summer Vacation" break from "school" :lol:
Decisions, decisions...glean what income's potentially left from this place...or seriously have a life? ;) Of course...I'm still stuck knowing that when it's finally done with..I'll miss the view and the truly wonderfull people I get to fly with...

Luvn737s: "Whose more likely to get hired: a 31-yr old or a 61-yr old?" For what reasons of presumed desperation should the "61" year old "care"? ;) You're right about one thing = "The 31-yr old never got to make the money the 61-yr old did,"

I don't wish to see anyone lose any job, but you're appearing absurd when you fret over po' old antiques, versus your "31 year olds"..especially where established survival skills/assets/etc are considered. ;)

PS: Luvn: "The 31-yr old never got to make the money the 61-yr old did, so he doesn't have the overhead and can afford to bide his time at another airline. Of course he shouldn't have to."
"Of course he shouldn't have to." Why not?...Ummm...I of course really mean = Naturally not!!!....due to that "obvious fact" that "It's ALL about MEEE!"/the 31 year old...the entire world should properly cater to such narcicisstic fantasy/etc....We all know the drill...Sigh.. ;)

FYI: I can't help but think that if the West supported PAY PARITY ( integrity matters ) that ALPA would have stayed on the property and no West pilot would be getting furloughed now. You reap what you sow.

Something to ponder next time.
:huh:

My guess is that their lawyer is busy collecting postings and subpeonaing IP addresses from USPA supporters from this and other sites as well in their defense.

I hope he is collecting all that info. Of course, he is probably billing at $500/hour, and the IP addresses of USAPA supporters posting here will get him WHAT? Lot's of individual pilots posting opinions (legally) on an open forum. Oh, my. I'm shaking in my boots. AWAPPA is going to file a complaint against me in federal court for having an opinion and publicly expressing it. They'll be federal judges salivating at the thought of taking on such a high profile case.

Isn't it the other way around? Who's more likely to get hired: a 31-yr old or a 61-yr old? The 31-yr old never got to make the money the 61-yr old did, so he doesn't have the overhead and can afford to bide his time at another airline.

Of course he shouldn't have to.
You still don't understand we don't need to be here, where might you find a flying job these days you would be lucky to get a job at Mesa. I hope you don't have to though.

And HOW many flights were cancelled the day the east decided to do their million moron march on Herndon? But when upper mgt's got your back, no worries.

luvn737s
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts
Posted on: Sep 21 2004, 06:09 PM

Veteran

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,358

It's time for Pollock and the rest of the panic-driven MEC to quit wringing their hands and fighting the only pilots willing to stand for something (RC4) and open the strike center. This is the direction a strong union must take. If the bankruptcy judge sees the repercussions of invoking the right to out of seniority furloughs, he will be forced to reconsider his decision. If he thinks there are 3000 more USA320's out there (obviously there aren't or the RC4 would be history, as it is they are heroes) he will be emboldened to try just about anything.

Remember, this crisis was brought to you by Wolf, et. al. not the RC4. They are just dealing with it with honor.

To those pilots who refuse to join their labor union and participate in the direction and progression of their/our careers: If you are not part of the solution......you are part of the problem. Get onboard or get out of the way, just do one or the other.

Here's a good example of a union whose members are part of the solution............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LooOXupWcGQ

Let's join APA! They make a better U-tube video. And it's a neutral solution. Just sent hubby out to the war zone with a cheap lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.