US Pilots Labor Discussion 2/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, under Nic... The Company closes LAS and reduces west flying...LAS Pilots displace to PHL and East Pilots get furloughed... and you see that as a west pilot keeping what they brought to the merger?

Were any West pilots furloughed at the time of the merger? No - they all had jobs that they brought to the merger. Were about 1700 East pilots furloughed at the time of the merger? What job did they bring to the merger?

I guess you see an East pilot who was furloughed at the time of the merger being entitled to the job that a West pilot brought to the merger.

Jim

Were any West pilots furloughed at the time of the merger? No - they all had jobs that they brought to the merger. Were about 1700 East pilots furloughed at the time of the merger? What job did they bring to the merger?

I guess you see an East pilot who was furloughed at the time of the merger being entitled to the job that a West pilot brought to the merger.

Jim

The west pilot did not bring the PHL job to the merger, east attrition did.

Correct, I have no clue as to how to substantiate your claim that as a "bottom" f/o, you make more than any West f/o.

My research is only as good as the available data, and your claim ain't adding up.

nic4,

You might want to add in the Int'l pay! It might help you with your figures.

Hate
101.90/hr

but we would like to move on without you.

Give back the money the merger raised, the airplanes that East wouldn't be flying without the merger, go back into bankruptcy, and be out of cash. Then you'd be right back where you were when the merger happened.

Jim

Anyone happen to notice that Southwest is going to start BOS-PHL with 5 flights/day?

Oh, and pitchers and catchers are reporting today!

The west pilot did not bring the PHL job to the merger, east attrition did.

Prove it. And don't forget to account for the jobs on those airplanes that are on the property only because of the merger - East didn't bring those jobs to the merger and those jobs aren't there due to attrition.

Jim

Anyone happen to notice that Southwest is going to start BOS-PHL with 5 flights/day?

Yes I did, and with "Get Away" fares at $59 - US has been charging $500+ each way in coach for the non-stop since FL pulled out.

Jim

Give back the money the merger raised, the airplanes that East wouldn't be flying without the merger, go back into bankruptcy, and be out of cash. Then you'd be right back where you were when the merger happened.

Jim
Yes , and we would still be more valuable. You now have nothing of value. As a result you want to ride the coattails and mount the horses of the East because you guys have no game left.

Let's hope that we each can find a suitable partner and move on. It is not meant to be. We will sink if forced together. I ask you again.....what legacy carrier needs or wants a large PHX hub.....well let's see...there is...no....how about......no.....maybe...no. I can't think of any Jim, can you?

Inverted

Oh, and pitchers and catchers are reporting today!

Yes, we ask SWA to fly those for our BOS area pilots to commute to their new base( PHL). Better chance of getting to work on time.

Oh, and the snowboard kittens are competing tonight in the Olympics.

Inverted

I think they trashed themselves very nicely without my help....

Prove it. You can't. Therefore you are just spewing hatred and malicious lies. Thankfully there are only a handful of people that give what you think any credibility.

Yes , and we would still be more valuable.

I guess that's why the two bankruptcies with no way to exit the second without the merger - all that value. I guess everyone needs a fantasy to hold on to. It's just a shame that the execs, creditors, other potential suitors, and the bankruptcy judge didn't share that particular fantasy...

Jim

Yes , and we would still be more valuable. You now have nothing of value. As a result you want to ride the coattails and mount the horses of the East because you guys have no game left.

Let's hope that we each can find a suitable partner and move on. It is not meant to be. We will sink if forced together. I ask you again.....what legacy carrier needs or wants a large PHX hub.....well let's see...there is...no....how about......no.....maybe...no. I can't think of any Jim, can you?

Inverted
Consider yourself sunk then. The pilot groups will come together and there will be no parceling out of east and west operations because of the labor strife. To think otherwise is off-the-charts delusional. Oh and PHX is a hub for a major. The only way it would go away is if US merged with AA, UA or CO but even then it might be just as likely for PHL or CLT to go away as PHX so be careful what you wish for. How do you like your seniority outlook if US merges with one of the other majors? You might be begging for the NIC to be implemented if that turns out to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back