US Pilots Labor Discussion 7/28- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
More emotional chest pounding that has no basis in fact. Merely more opinion stated as fact. The courts or maybe even your union (if the company gets a ruling from the court that they must use the arbitrated list they already accepted and are bound to in the TA) will decide who you will or will not swing gear for, and you will have little say over it. The only way your above statement would be factual is if the "nobody" you speak of have all decided to quit if they don't get what they want.

Iraq 1 & 2, Afghanistan, 9/11, military service, lost pensions, concessions, age, hours of flight time, type ratings, or perceived superior airmanship, have absolutely nothing to do with the Nic award or where your place is on a combined seniority list. They are only self justifications for your personal sense of entitlement.

Here's a fact for you... Furloughed is junior no matter how you explain it. As I've said to others, I can empathize with your situation. It is an injustice that 17 year pilots were furloughed. But that happened to you before AWA came along. Your merger is not about repairing all that you lost in your career. You'd be better off focusing on a way out of your corner, and gaining everything you possibly can from the company to get back what you sacrificed, instead of targeting the west and expecting them to step aside for you.
You are missing the point and I guess because you have not been in this type of situation yourself. I do not expect anyone to step aside for me, however I do not expect to step aside for anyone either. I was never furloughed and NIK locks me out of widbodies . Call me crazy but for some reason that seems totally unfair since US Air brought widbodies to the merger and AWE not a one. Its easy to say this all happen prior to AWE but they were headed for trouble if the merger did not happen. If I am correct the east pilots took huge paycuts to come out of BK. What did the west pilots do to deserve to fly the planes that my co workers and I brought to the merger. Just because NIK says so does not make it right.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.