US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/11- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
As we approach 500 posts it's time for a new thread.

The corn field is getting crowded again ladies and gentlemen, and believe it or not we'd rather have you here and actively posting rather than sitting out in the cornfield....that is as long as you observe the rules of the board.....

One has to wonder about this being the most populated thread on the board, when in fact NOTHING any of you says here will make a difference in the outcome of the dispute......

Again please review the rules of the board AGAIN at the top of this forum before posting.

Thank you.

As we approach 500 posts it's time for a new thread.

The corn field is getting crowded again ladies and gentlemen, and believe it or not we'd rather have you here and actively posting rather than sitting out in the cornfield....that is as long as you observe the rules of the board.....

One has to wonder about this being the most populated thread on the board, when in fact NOTHING any of you says here will make a difference in the outcome of the dispute......

Again please review the rules of the board AGAIN at the top of this forum before posting.

Thank you.
AMEN!

Boeingboy: "If it's the hypothetical spinoff of the West to Republic (that's always good for a laugh) the East contract would have nothing to do with it.

I'd agree that any spinoff's highly speculative at best, and none can predict anything accurately within this crazy industry..but; Place yourself back in time, for say, 15 or so years....Could you honestly ever have found anything more truly "good for a laugh" than the idea that US would ever be "merged" with the likes of AWA?...honestly?

but; Place yourself back in time, for say, 15 or so years....Could you honestly ever have found anything more truly "good for a laugh" than the idea that US would ever be "merged" with the likes of AWA?...honestly?

Agreed!

Taken a step further into reality, can you imagine 15 years ago that your long suffering career would have finally ended if the "likes" of America West had not been crazy/generous enough to attempt such an ill-advised merger?....honestly? :lol:

Agreed!

Taken a step further into reality, can you imagine 15 years ago that your long suffering career would have finally ended if the "likes" of America West had not been crazy/generous enough to attempt such an ill-advised merger?....honestly? :lol:
Nnnnniiiiiiccccccce!

.Could you honestly ever have found anything more truly "good for a laugh" than the idea that US would ever be "merged" with the likes of AWA?...honestly?

While I am not fan of US's upper management, and despise the old HP IT systems and many of its policy and procedures (just waiting for the day when my 74 year old mother gets bumped from her once a year flight by a new hire) "likes of AWA" is not the nicest of things to say. Imagine if a westie were to say "who would have thought that our proud airline would merge with the likes of USAir".

In theory, this was a very good merger: good fleet commonality, minimal route overlap and such. It truly sucks that the reality has fallen so far from the potential.

Agreed!

My "long suffering career" could end today..and I'd likely still be far better off than anyone out at AWA will ever for the duration of theirs...What's your point? :lol:

It truly sucks that the reality has fallen so far from the potential.

Indeed. Preetty much any and all things could and should have been handled far, far better than they have been...or sadly seem likely to ever be handled with the current bunch at the top.

...America West had not been crazy/generous enough to attempt such an ill-advised merger?....honestly? :lol:

Umm..."generous enough"? I guess that is a valid point, as I've rarely seen anything more obvious than the generosity of spirit within the west group......"honestly". :lol:

So some of you think that the next desperation, Hail Mary move is going to be change of control. Nothing more than another failed promise to placate the masses for another 8-10 month resulting in a crushing defeat AGAIN. What some people will do to cling to power. Make impossible claims so the blind will follow just a little bit longer.

Whoever is telling you this stuff needs to be writing fiction novels instead of interpreting legal language.

First thing you guys should do is talk to the mechanics. They have already lost on this issue.

I see several obvious flaws in the strategy. Can you find them?

The first and biggest one is going to be SOL ripeness. Tell me why I am wrong.

Section 1(D)2

Besides, if you all are so confident in your original legal strategy of Seham’s majority rule, union can do what they want. That the LOA 93 snap back is in the bag why desperately continue to search for the next miracle? Why not just wait for the win you think is coming? Perhaps it is because reality is setting in and Cleary gang knows none of these ploys are going to pay off and they have to have the next big promise in the can.

Just read Uncle Al's letter. Seems that the company has a very different take on the evidence that was presented or wasn't presented.

Made a point to say that usapa was more interested in where the information came from, rather than what the information really contained.

Is the spin machine stuck on high back at the politburo??

Just read Uncle Al's letter. Seems that the company has a very different take......

Is the spin machine stuck on high back at the politburo??

"Seems that the company has a very different take......" They do?..Well, Duh!...THERE'S a big surprise! Are you being even remotely serious here?

"Is the spin machine stuck on high back at the politburo??" Apparently so....as usual.

I think that's about enough of this insane BS for me for a bit.

So some of you think that the next desperation, Hail Mary move is going to be change of control. Nothing more than another failed promise to placate the masses for another 8-10 month resulting in a crushing defeat AGAIN. What some people will do to cling to power. Make impossible claims so the blind will follow just a little bit longer.

Whoever is telling you this stuff needs to be writing fiction novels instead of interpreting legal language.

First thing you guys should do is talk to the mechanics. They have already lost on this issue.

I see several obvious flaws in the strategy. Can you find them?

The first and biggest one is going to be SOL ripeness. Tell me why I am wrong.

Section 1(D)2

Besides, if you all are so confident in your original legal strategy of Seham’s majority rule, union can do what they want. That the LOA 93 snap back is in the bag why desperately continue to search for the next miracle? Why not just wait for the win you think is coming? Perhaps it is because reality is setting in and Cleary gang knows none of these ploys are going to pay off and they have to have the next big promise in the can.

Clear,

The east is going to get the MONEY! Take a look at LOA 84 and go down to WAIVER. It will talk about a change of control. BOOK RATES! Section 1 Scope will also have your head spinning 4.5% raises year over year until it gets put together. I wish you guys would have bought us, because we would have been kicking butt on the money issue. Obviously, AWA didn't acquire US! Look, we don't really care what guys or girls like you think. We are protected by our Scope clause. How about yourselves? It is just a matter of time.

Now back to the other stuff. LOA 93 pay restoration is going to happen. The Desert Judge's law school project is about to get tanked by the 9th. The judge really should have paid attention to the RLA. Internal Union Dispute. Nothing concrete! Premature Adjudication. Wilder got this one right on the money....he spanked Vasin on his blog.

Back to the CHANGE of CONTROL thing............it will happen! Team Tempe, just like your desert judge has taken this thing as far as they could.

Hate

First thing you guys should do is talk to the mechanics.

First; Why don't YOU go talk to them and explain all about your absurd fantasies about how to properly establish "seniority"? Do get right back to us all with what they tell you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts