US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Exactly.

That's what we've been saying all along.

You young (relatively) whippersnappers will have the whole show to yourselves as we geriatrics retire in droves.
So let me guess.

Since we're going to have the whole show to ourselves one day, you figure we should let you have it all right now and wait our turn at an airline that may, or may not, be here in the near future.

No thanks, I'll stick with Nic.

"You'll be senior someday" as always been the mantra at USAir. Ask the 88-90 hires how that played out.

I see a preponderance of the word "we", all the while attempting to separate yourself from the melee. Why do your comments seem "contrived"? I think you are not but you sound like a former ALPA welfare case.

Not sure what you mean by an "ALPA welfare case", but here goes.....comments were sincere. It pains me to see this pilot group so splintered. I'm an "east" guy, but the personal interaction with the "west" guys has been all positive. Voted for USAPA, not for seniority purposes (NIC doesn't impact me... low 500's), but I thought it would represent the whole group better than ALPA was doing over the past years. Yea, really!

"separate yourself from the melee".......no keyboard punching can do that.

I have voted for the furlough asessment for west pilots. It's the right thing to do and voting against it won't strike back at the ones you are angry at. It might make a huge difference in a family's life.

After 9-11 we voted to pay cobra for furloughs. During the recalls, if I knew I was flying with a recall I would say "welcome back" and they would reply "thanks for paying that assessment".

I voted yes for the furlough assesments as well, thats pretty much a hard wired yes vote for me, I was happy to do it for the post 9/11 furloughs too. Thanks Pi Brat, for seperating the politics, that was good of you.

Two separate operations would seem to indicate that there is no interaction between east and west. The west should support their operation and the east should support theirs. Just as why would a west pilot care about an east pilot, so should the other viewpoint.

The intent of the merger was to make a new airline, not have separate ops. I am flying routes that were never part of the America West system and you are flying routes that USAirways never flew.

I care about east pilots and employees because they are an integral part of my future should I decide to stay (go ahead and call me selfish). I will support the west side of the operation and the east side when applicable, because it is all the same. You do not have a separate USAirways any more, it is gone, get over it.

Have you deadheaded on West metal yet? I have carried numerous east crews deadheading on their scheduled pairing. I have not heard of West crews deadheading on east metal but it probably happens. I have carried mx parts to east stations where I doubt they are being inventoried just for West use. There are many more examples of the fact that although we have not completed pilot integration, the rest of the company has moved away from and is no longer in seperate ops.

You young (relatively) whippersnappers will have the whole show to yourselves as we geriatrics retire in droves.

This sounds like what the A scale pilot's said when questioned about the B scale.

Just wait your turn and you can have our leftovers.

Ten years of litigation experience. Is that good enough?

Oh, and by the way, I didn't provide testimony. It was my impressions of how I perceived what I saw in court. If you were there I would be glad to read your personal observations.
Thanks for your updates and insight I for one appreciate you experience and passion

So let me guess.

Since we're going to have the whole show to ourselves one day, you figure we should let you have it all right now and wait our turn at an airline that may, or may not, be here in the near future.
What a concept you have is this new way of thinking?

hp fa-I have thought you were pretty biased towards the west's side, but I have to say that you posts about the trial seem to be pretty neutral and unbiased
Having spent three days in the courtroom myself, his posts are accurate.

Having spent three days in the courtroom myself, his posts are accurate.

You should say hi if you are there this week. I generally sit on the right side and have a yellow legal pad with me for my notes.

I actually don't bite....

Wish I could be there myself, but commitments won't allow it. Therefore, I certainly appreciate those that post their views, particularily those without an "ax to grind".

Many of the comments I've read concerning the current court proceedings discuss the jury's ability to fully understand all of the airline/union terminolgy and history that is being thrown at them by the two sides; something we are all very familiar with and take for granted. The Judge appears to be willing to let this in to give background to the case as a whole, but promises numerous times to narrow the scope of the jury's decision as quoted below:

THE COURT: Whether -- well, on the one hand I'm letting evidence in rather broadly about the background. On the other hand, I am instructing the jury, and I will do so, even more clearly, about the limitations of their task.

As I understand it, after the opposing counsel finish their mind-numbing presentation of evidence and make their closing arguements the Judge will give his final directions to the Jury. My opinion is that the jury will hear his direction to narrowly focus their efforts "on the limitations of their task", and will jump on that directive to make a relatively easy decision. Forget about any claims of "unfairness" or opinions regarding impasse; that is not what the jury will be directed to deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back