US Pilots' Labor Thread 6/18-6/23-Stay on Topic and Observe the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAPA filed the grievance for pay rates effective 1/1/10 on June 16.
Quote from update:
"On June 16th, the Association filed a grievance over the Company’s stated intention to violate the terms of the Working Agreement with regard to East pay rates effective January 1, 2010. As stated in the Association’s request for a hearing on this matter, the last pay modification provided for in LOA 93 ceases to have effect after 12/31/09. Thus, it is the position of the Union that pilot pay rates will revert back to the status quo, as provided in the Restructuring Agreement of 2002 and LOA 84. The grievance is attached to this update and is also available on the USAPA Web site."

cheers.

USAPA Update
June 18, 2009

Item One: On June 16th, the Association filed a grievance over the Company’s stated intention to violate the terms of the Working Agreement with regard to East pay rates effective January 1, 2010. As stated in the Association’s request for a hearing on this matter, the last pay modification provided for in LOA 93 ceases to have effect after 12/31/09. Thus, it is the position of the Union that pilot pay rates will revert back to the status quo, as provided in the Restructuring Agreement of 2002 and LOA 84. The grievance is attached to this update and is also available on the USAPA Web site.

We also need to make sure the west is brought up to this pay scale!!!

With the upcoming west terminations, Is there any way this could mean recalls for furloughed pilots? It would be great if we could recall 1 east for each fired west since that is more in line with the necessity for west downsizing. seems like an easy sell.

Not always about the coin there, Bob.

But it should be about something besides using your numbers to get your way at the expense of EVERYTHING ELSE.

Remember, your battling to the death over a phantom fear that the west will deny you your captain's seat. If that fear never materializes, then Bob is absolutely right.

There are a bunch of fears more likely to befall this pilot group with far worse consequences, but USAPA refuses to address them and instead derives it's power from stoking a (un)civil war.

So the East could weenie its way out of its Binding Arbitration, in a cowardly and craven way.
USAPA was formed in order that a combined list could be created.

Were the pilots still with ALPA, I would suggest you are being grossly optimistic to think that any kind of combined list would arise out of "two groups individually ratifying" a merger agreement. Never happen in a million years.

USAPA Update
June 18, 2009

We also need to make sure the west is brought up to this pay scale!!!

Westies have a hard time with the word "parity". What was that? I seem to have a hard time hearing that word, too...

I hope you were being facetious...this payrate is spelled out in the east contract, nuthin' to do with the west.

A grievance based on an INTENTION to do something??

The adults need to regain control of Charlotte Daycare.

Poug-

Here's an analogy the east will grasp.

Hoping for the snapbacks is like leaving your dentures under the pillow for the tooth fairy. In theory there should be a big payoff, but after the dreaming is over you just end up with only lint in your mouth.

But it should be about something besides using your numbers to get your way at the expense of EVERYTHING ELSE.

Remember, your battling to the death over a phantom fear that the west will deny you your captain's seat. If that fear never materializes, then Bob is absolutely right.

There are a bunch of fears more likely to befall this pilot group with far worse consequences, but USAPA refuses to address them and instead derives it's power from stoking a (un)civil war.
I actually agree with some of your post. SOME.

According to nic4us...we don't even deserve the Nic. (no comment)

The west won't even give a jumpseat freely to a east pilot....why wouldn't we worry about the left seat? East check-airmen are being openly and defiantly DENIED a J/S when it was being asked for to get a WEST non-rev on a flight. Said check-airman explained that he WAS riding on that flight regardless...and was only trying to help a WEST non-rev...

Guess what happened....the east check-airman rode in the back...the west non-rev didn't get on.....the J/S went empty.

*Senior..senior.. Airbus check-airman....with a long memory...(as he told me, anyway)

Any questions?

We have plenty to worry about. That we worry about each other is sad....indeed.

Westies have a hard time with the word "parity". What was that? I seem to have a hard time hearing that word, too...

I hope you were being facetious...this payrate is spelled out in the east contract, nuthin' to do with the west.
Your right, but I want ALL of us on these pays rates, even though you guys did not support a parity raise for us on the east, but that's me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back