Vote Count?

Dea Certe

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I can't remember for sure but isn't the count date for AMFA tomorrow, the 30th?

Best wishes for a good outcome!

Dea

Something would have been better than nothing. Stupidity prevailed :down:

Agreed.

And, to those who are going to say AMFA is proving something, let’s see what you’ve proved so far.

* That AMFA’s leadership is only interested in being democratic when it suits their purposes (e.g. not putting Northwest’s last pre-strike offer out to vote)

* That with enough preparation, companies can call a union’s bluff when it comes to strikes (NWA rewrote the union-busting playbook, and you can bet nearly every other company with an organized workforce is going to try some variation of this)

* That no matter how many times you repeat something, it doesn’t make it true (e.g. the dire predictions of Northwest’s impending shutdown, disastrous crash, etc.)

* That AMFA members don’t have the ability to think for themselves

I could go on, but the point is that AMFA and their membership thought they could shut NWA down and that eventually they would back on “easy street†making the same or more than before. Instead, Northwest is still operating, and 90% of AMFA’s membership permanently lost their jobs. I’m not going to make any long-term predictions about NWA’s future (they still have a lot of problems to solve), but, as I’ve stated before, AMFA’s actions hurt their membership and quite possibly organized labor as a whole.

I'm sure upper management loves that type of thinking. Just possibly you are soon to be put in the same position and it will be interesting to see your opinion then.

Northwest will be in Chapter 7 liquidation soon enough, Stratocruiser. AMFA stood up for what was right! Of course, there are people like you and scabs like PTO,Opus who have no morals at all and would screw your own grandmother for a hamburger just to keep or steal an airline job. This industry used to be a proud industry, now it is a smoldering hole in the ground. Hope you have life insurance, Stratocruiser. You're gonna need it when engines fall off the airplane you're flying, because PTO and Opus "pencil whipped" those logbooks and inspections.

And all of the lemmings waited for words of wisdom from the grand pooba lemming.

When no great proclamations came from the grand pooba lemming, all of the little lemmings grouped together and slowly marched toward the cliff to fall to their deaths to show the meanie old industrial giant company that their way was the right way.

The lemmings showed the company that they (the lemmings) could and would stick together because of their rightous and STUPID cause.

And the company cleaned the lemming guts off of the rocks by the shoreline and fed them to the pigs to fatten them up for market.

Agreed.

And, to those who are going to say AMFA is proving something, let’s see what you’ve proved so far.

* That AMFA’s leadership is only interested in being democratic when it suits their purposes (e.g. not putting Northwest’s last pre-strike offer out to vote)

* That with enough preparation, companies can call a union’s bluff when it comes to strikes (NWA rewrote the union-busting playbook, and you can bet nearly every other company with an organized workforce is going to try some variation of this)

* That no matter how many times you repeat something, it doesn’t make it true (e.g. the dire predictions of Northwest’s impending shutdown, disastrous crash, etc.)

* That AMFA members don’t have the ability to think for themselves

I could go on, but the point is that AMFA and their membership thought they could shut NWA down and that eventually they would back on “easy street†making the same or more than before. Instead, Northwest is still operating, and 90% of AMFA’s membership permanently lost their jobs. I’m not going to make any long-term predictions about NWA’s future (they still have a lot of problems to solve), but, as I’ve stated before, AMFA’s actions hurt their membership and quite possibly organized labor as a whole.

Don't you get it? Northwest would have pulled something with the last clause of the contract that says they basically reserve the right to change the contract at any time.

AMFA's leadership has always been interested in being democratic. That last pre-strike proposal would have never had a chance of passing, since A: %53 of people are not going to vote themselves out of a job, and B: especially not with a %92 strike vote. They presented this proposal because they realized it may very well be the final proposal, and people had been complaining and SCABBING because they never got to vote, even though most have said they would have voted no. All they're trying to do is try and come up with an excuse for what they've done because they know it's wrong.

Yep. NWA was the test run for this, and because the other unions didn't support them, even though AMFA said that if NWA succeeds in beating them, they're next.

And lookee here, everybody else is on the chopping block.

You're right, no matter how many times you say something, that doesn't make it true. But I firmly believe it is only a matter of time before an NWA plane augers in, because they have maintenance outsourced to foreign countries where there is virtually no oversight, the mechanics don't have A&P licences, and don't have an interest in the safety and continued success of the airline. And the people they have inside NWA are people with absolutely no integrity.

The statistics for the Alaska Airlines outsourcing of ground work, and the increase from ground handling incidents, from 15 or so in 2004 to 70 some in 2005 when the outsourced the work. (Yes, I know ground work and maintenance aren't the same thing)

AMFA membership can't think for themselves? How do you explain that one?

The majority of the AMFA membership figured they were in for the long haul, they knew it wasn't going to be easy, and I think they knew in the back of their minds that they might not succeed.

Northwest is operating, but the planes are getting worse and worse, the on time numbers are still piss poor, even though they have parked alot of planes and reduced their schedule.

"Easy Street"? AMFA was willing to give up a paycut, maybe even a few job losses, to keep this from going to a strike. NWA wanted them out, even after AMFA put forth a proposal that would have met their target for cost savings.

AMFA hurt the organized labor movement? How do you figure that? They did the only thing a labor union could do. Withhold their services and strike. You don't think NWA hurt the labor movement more with their new union busting playbook, that as you say "you can bet nearly every other company with an organized workforce is going to try some variation of this"

There are three things that have really hurt the labor movement in America:

#1: Laws that make outsourcing easy, and a president that openly advocates it.

#2: SCAB's, and the fact that we are one of the only industrialized countries in the world that allows workers on strike to be permanently replaced. If there weren't any SCAB's, especially the AMFA members that crossed their own line, the strike would be over by now, because they couldn't get all the people they neede to hire on permanently. Until just recently, NWA had ads in the newspaper looking for people with NO experience.

#3: The fact that none of the other union's supported them. The PFAA said: if we strike they'll replace us. Now NWA is planning on replacing all FA's on foreign flights. The pilots wanted to keep their huge pensions. But what's to stop NWA from doing the same thing to them as the FA's? The IAM said "AMFA has never supported an IAM picket line." This is an out and out lie, and AMFA has the proof. All they're interested in is getting paid with dues money, and SCABBING. Rumor has it that Bobby DePace (President of IAM District 143 himself) was a SCAB at Eastern in the '80s.

End Transmission...

It is nice to see the real scabs like borescop, strato and jim the planner come out of there holes. They have revealed there true colors and there knowledge of what the last piece of trash that the company offered would have meant to the industry and the mechanic and related classification. We know that there are 57% of the men and women that voted are true unionist and are brave enough to say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the worst contract in aviation history. These are the people that I enjoyed walking the picket line with and said NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! to corporate greed despite what might happen to them. The people that voted NO on this farce are the people that lead by example and teach there chidren that pride and integrity are worth fighting for despite the risk. I am sure glad that we did not have these cowards fighting the germans our we would all be speaking german and living in a communist society. Let's not forget our forefathers at the Boston Tea Party that stood up and said enough is enough also and they gave up alot more than some job. They would also be ashamed of the yes voters and I am sure that they would view these people as I do. Nothing more than common cowards.

Northwest will be in Chapter 7 liquidation soon enough, Stratocruiser. AMFA stood up for what was right! Of course, there are people like you and scabs like PTO,Opus who have no morals at all and would screw your own grandmother for a hamburger just keep or steal an airline job. This industry used to be a proud industry, now it is a smoldering hole in the ground. Hope you have life insurance, Stratocruiser. You're gonna need it when engines fall off the airplane you're flying, because PTO and Opus "pencil whipped" those logbooks and inspections.

Once again "Princess K" I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER "pencil whipped" ANYTHING. Saying it doesnt make it so and it is not so. You dont know me, yet you accuse, me of an absolutely unacceptable practice. I do not accuse you of being a terrorist, I dont even accuse you of being able to think for yourself. Stop making unfounded accusations about professionals you have no knowledge of, such behavior shows a definite lack of integrity, morals, and intelligence. After all I have never called you a flying vending machine nor have I ever referred to you as a flying waitress, because I happen to respect stews they have a difficult job, although I have lost all respect for you.

Princess..............It seems to me that opey has figured you out. You know being a flight attendant. I'm sure you look very sexy in your skirt. I will be sure and whistle as loud as I can the next time I see you. Oh I forgot to mention in my last post that alpa and the iam deserve everything that they get. They had the contractual right to not cross the picket line,but they prooved themselves to be nothing more than low life scabs along with the afl-cio. The company would have had to give everybody better terms,but the iam alpa and the afl-cio decided that they would better off in bed with the company. They are the same as the twu (COWARDS). The twu intl prooved themselves to be cowards in the strike with local 100 in NY. After all look at the letter that obrien (twu intl president) put out to try and manipilate the local 100 membership.

Once again "Princess K" I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER "pencil whipped" ANYTHING. Saying it doesnt make it so and it is not so. You dont know me, yet you accuse, me of an absolutely unacceptable practice. I do not accuse you of being a terrorist, I dont even accuse you of being able to think for yourself. Stop making unfounded accusations about professionals you have no knowledge of, such behavior shows a definite lack of integrity, morals, and intelligence. After all I have never called you a flying vending machine nor have I ever referred to you as a flying waitress, because I happen to respect stews they have a difficult job, although I have lost all respect for you.

Opus a professional? Who are you kidding Opus? You stepped all over the AMT profession and AMT professionals when you crossed that picketline. The only thing your "professional" about is being a filthy rotten scab! If your willing to scab to lower AMT wages and benefits,then you are a "pencil whipper"! That is what NWA is doing right now and it is a condition of your employment. How many people are you willing to kill Opus, just to steal an airline job? People like you and your "lover" PTO have helped destroy a once proud profession. Your a SCAB Opus, not a "professional"!

Northwest will be in Chapter 7 liquidation soon enough, Stratocruiser. AMFA stood up for what was right! Of course, there are people like you and scabs like PTO,Opus who have no morals at all and would screw your own grandmother for a hamburger just to keep or steal an airline job. This industry used to be a proud industry, now it is a smoldering hole in the ground. Hope you have life insurance, Stratocruiser. You're gonna need it when engines fall off the airplane you're flying, because PTO and Opus "pencil whipped" those logbooks and inspections.
If you can, please provide me with the names and dates of said pencil whipping, and I will personally stomp thier sorry carcasses into the dirt. If you cannot provide this info, than how are we to know its true?

Opus a professional? Who are you kidding Opus? You stepped all over the AMT profession and AMT professionals when you crossed that picketline. The only thing your "professional" about is being a filthy rotten scab! If your willing to scab to lower AMT wages and benefits,then you are a "pencil whipper"! That is what NWA is doing right now and it is a condition of your employment. How many people are you willing to kill Opus, just to steal an airline job? People like you and your "lover" PTO have helped destroy a once proud profession. Your a SCAB Opus, not a "professional"!
Seriously....let go of the hate....WOW!

So the mechanics vote and they vote "NO". Now suddenly they're stupid,lemmings,etc,etc, ad nauseum.

Perhaps all you mental giants out there ought to wake up and realize that AMTs possess a SKILLED trade. One that quite easily transfers to other industries with comensurate pay and benefits.

And where are all the "free market" gurus???

NWA offered a package the mechanics refused, the strike continues.

Welcome to the free market!

P.S. Latest info from SFO, United Airlines has yet again refused to pick NWA line maintenance at west coast stations.........more to follow!

the other unions may have refused to honor the picket lines, i would only hope that they wouldnt ask AMFA to honor theirs when NWA tells them "guess what? we will be whacking you even more now due to financial problems." Will the IAM strike? may be may be not but the bottom line is, NWA will slap the IAM and the flight attendants as well as the pilots. it is only a matter of time.

Latest posts