Vote No Video from Presidents

The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance .....

It ain't happening, just another carrot to get some yes votes. I know at my station we can't afford to lose anyone.

You are probably right, but people believe what they want to believe!

US lost a majority of their overhaul and took a huge pay cut which they are finally getting past our current pay rate after more than six years. The jobs are still gone.
Not true, all the 737s and A320 families were done in-house after chapter 11, only the 757s and widebodies were outsourced, and most of the shops.

Now 50% of overhaul dollars must be done in-house.

Not true, all the 737s and A320 families were done in-house after chapter 11, only the 757s and widebodies were outsourced, and most of the shops.

Now 50% of overhaul dollars must be done in-house.

Got it.

Point is BK is ugly and there are no "great" deals that come out of it. We have little leverage. Bob, TWU Informer, Odie, and others make it sound as if we reject we have leverage for various reasons. This isn't normal negotiations, the CBA will be changed whether we like it or not and status quo will not happen. Many people will be effected negatively.

Here's the way I see things going down if we vote NO.

The unions will be in somewhat of a position of leverage when we start negotiating. Here's why.
1. Historically, creditors want to see labor stability for X amount of time before they endorse the business plan.
2. From what I understand no airline has exited BK without consensual deals from its unions.
3. Creditors will tell management they won't endorse the business plan without labor deals
4. Management definitely wants to get this bk wrapped up asap, to avoid any merger action..
5. We are going to see a better deal I think, sooner than later.
I could be wrong, just my $.02

Here's the way I see things going down if we vote NO.

The unions will be in somewhat of a position of leverage when we start negotiating. Here's why.
1. Historically, creditors want to see labor stability for X amount of time before they endorse the business plan.
2. From what I understand no airline has exited BK without consensual deals from its unions.
3. Creditors will tell management they won't endorse the business plan without labor deals
4. Management definitely wants to get this bk wrapped up asap, to avoid any merger action..
5. We are going to see a better deal I think, sooner than later.
I could be wrong, just my $.02

NWA exited BK without all contracts in place.

Got it.

Point is BK is ugly and there are no "great" deals that come out of it. We have little leverage. Bob, TWU Informer, Odie, and others make it sound as if we reject we have leverage for various reasons. This isn't normal negotiations, the CBA will be changed whether we like it or not and status quo will not happen. Many people will be effected negatively.

Wouldn't it be true if voted down that negotiations would continue with self help sometime down the road? alot closer than the 6yr term that voting Yes gives you. The present Management will probably be gone before the 6yrs is even up.

Wouldn't it be true if voted down that negotiations would continue with self help sometime down the road? alot closer than the 6yr term that voting Yes gives you. The present Management will probably be gone before the 6yrs is even up.

Yes but the TWU is in the middle of a major fear campaign in support of the next TWU industry leading concessions. You cannot be a good TWU union man unless you live in and propogate fear. Having some hope is not allowed. Having zero leverage for 6 more years and living in fear is far better than moving to the next step with the Pilot and Flight Attendant group. TWU signs and supports a three union agreement to stand and fight together, and then quickly runs to "tap out" and give away the farm.

These clowns do indeed need to be thrown to the curb.

If voted down and the court rules in favor of the companys motion my guess is the TWU would file an appeal that will continue litigation on the matter and keep talks between the parties ongoing..The IBT appealed and used the leverage to get a concensual deal from Frontier!!

The Pilots/FAs will appeal if the court rules in favor of AAs motion!!!!!!!

Lets say this deal does get voted down what should happen next? What if the International and our negotiating teams fast tracked us a new deal proir to the June 6th deadline that would increase the amount of outsourcing for the line stations? Come up with a plan that would minimize the impact in AO where the majority of TWU members reside. Perhaps make an offer to do overhaul on the Eagle Jets in TUL. We have the experience of structer, avionics, engine, and landing gear within the largest most talented group of mechanics in North America and this could work to mitigate the layoffs in TUL and pass a new deal before the June 6th deadline. You would be utilizing the profession to its fullest, utilizing the skill, knowledge and integrity of a true Aircraft Mechanic. Just my 2 cents.....

Lets say this deal does get voted down what should happen next? What if the International and our negotiating teams fast tracked us a new deal proir to the June 6th deadline that would increase the amount of outsourcing for the line stations? Come up with a plan that would minimize the impact in AO where the majority of TWU members reside. Perhaps make an offer to do overhaul on the Eagle Jets in TUL. We have the experience of structer, avionics, engine, and landing gear within the largest most talented group of mechanics in North America and this could work to mitigate the layoffs in TUL and pass a new deal before the June 6th deadline. You would be utilizing the profession to its fullest, utilizing the skill, knowledge and integrity of a true Aircraft Mechanic. Just my 2 cents.....

If a new agreement is negotiated,the membership should have the right to vote on it also.

Why are attempting to start the Line/OH argument again?

If a new agreement is negotiated,the membership should have the right to vote on it also.

Why are attempting to start the Line/OH argument again?

Hell Buck. I thought you would take this one and run with it. Take hook, line, sinker, and get your lip's bruised by the bobber.... :)

Keep Telling Lies
and then add some FEAR to boot

What's your definition of agreement? AMFA signed an agreement after the motion to abrogate was granted and NWA outsourced all but two stations. Is that your idea of an agreement? Ok. That's a sweet deal!

Back