what has the association accomplished?

Talos,
You are 100% correct about DFW. I use to be the same way with the csm's. As for getting a fair shake, yes the good dependable not looking to get out of work people were treated fairly well. There were the few zone coordinators who didn't know the job and screwed everyone but most took care of the good people and ran off the lazy bums

Steve you see that Kelly Moore is leaving AA. HUGE loss for this Company and shame the reason I heard he’s leaving.

Kelly was the only Manager I ever would have had even an inkling of a thought of taking the plunge and working under.

USAIRWAYS is micromanaging too much. Even worse than old AA.

That pretty much sums it up. Maybe a few other things but that's the general differences. So any guesses who's language we'll end up with?

That's the Hundred Million Question I have pondered for awhile. And maybe I am being slightly facetious, the LAA CC's strikes me as grossly inefficient, as I relate my decade in PHX operations. For example, morning operations were fully staffed with teams (crews) of full-time and part-time along with all full-time leads (CC's). Usually from around 0730-1300 a part-time team would work maybe 3 turns or an originator and a couple of turns, then the flight schedule greatly reduces, thus far more leads than flights to be handled. Afterwards PHX Management would re-assign the leads into teams to handle the operations from about 1300-1600.

As Leads and CC's cannot be part-time (with rare exceptions), should the LAA language continue of CC's not being re-assigned into crews, then there will be a need for more full-time clerks and a lot of CC's standing around. Over the course of a decade and that's a "Hundred Million Dollar Question".

Steve you see that Kelly Moore is leaving AA. HUGE loss for this Company and shame the reason I heard he’s leaving.

Kelly was the only Manager I ever would have had even an inkling of a thought of taking the plunge and working under.

Huge loss is an understatement. Right after the news broke about him leaving the rumor mill started. 800 layoffs in DFW. It was some interesting reading on Fakebook

That's the Hundred Million Question I have pondered for awhile. And maybe I am being slightly facetious, the LAA CC's strikes me as grossly inefficient, as I relate my decade in PHX operations. For example, morning operations were fully staffed with teams (crews) of full-time and part-time along with all full-time leads (CC's). Usually from around 0730-1300 a part-time team would work maybe 3 turns or an originator and a couple of turns, then the flight schedule greatly reduces, thus far more leads than flights to be handled. Afterwards PHX Management would re-assign the leads into teams to handle the operations from about 1300-1600.

As Leads and CC's cannot be part-time (with rare exceptions), should the LAA language continue of CC's not being re-assigned into crews, then there will be a need for more full-time clerks and a lot of CC's standing around. Over the course of a decade and that's a "Hundred Million Dollar Question".

When I worked for LAA in PHX many moons ago we had that problem but we were only a 3 gate operation. They started making the CC hours earlier so there wasn't too many people standing around. Our CC aren't a part of the crew/team. Our CC now only take care of ensuring the load plan is followed and input into the computer. Some CC would help but it wasn't required. When I went to DFW there are over 300 CC there, not many sit around doing nothing, they have the system figured out fairly well. Now in Atlanta, my current location, it's more like how it was in PHX. Ironically when I started with AA in JFK if a CC did anything besides taking care of the load plan he or she would get pulled aside and spoken to by either the crew or union. You do not do someone else's work and take jobs away. But that was even more many moons ago.
If you are still in PHX can I ask how the interaction with the law guys is with you? I know most of them, most are really good, a few slugs but all in all pretty good

I’m sorry and I really hope personally you’re doing well but I can’t converse with you as it’s pointless. You believe the things you chose to believe that aren’t based on facts or any provided evidence and even when you’re given refuting evidence on any subject if it doesn’t fit your particular indoctrinated views you summarily ignore it.

Other posters here who want to change Representation at least can discuss the issue and have more open minds. Not ever saying that I want or could convince them against their motivations but at least they don’t continue to bring up conspiracies that make zero sense whatsoever. That’s you.

I read his post, and see no inaccuracy in anything he stated. It's not a matter of believing, it's knowing first hand - as we both lived it! Here's the deal, we don't have to convince you, you already know we are right. The only conspiracy was against our Grass Roots AMFA drives, all the info is very well documented. BTW, the conspiracy theory you allege - does make perfect sense - when you look for the motivation. It all comes down to money - dues money!

Our job is to remind the guys & gals of the TWUs past crimes against AMTs, and we do it well!

Everybody is signing cards, even faster than I witnessed during all the past AMFA drives.

I read his post, and see no inaccuracy in anything he stated. It's not a matter of believing, it's knowing first hand - as we both lived it! Here's the deal, we don't have to convince you, you already know we are right. The only conspiracy was against our Grass Roots AMFA drives, all the info is very well documented. BTW, the conspiracy theory you allege - does make perfect sense - when you look for the motivation. It all comes down to money - dues money!

Our job is to remind the guys & gals of the TWUs past crimes against AMTs, and we do it well!

Everybody is signing cards, even faster than I witnessed during all the past AMFA drives.

Ok whatever. Yawn.

Next?

V
I wish your group the best of luck if this is what you decide as a group to do. I will hate to see you go but understand and support your reasons for going.

When I worked for LAA in PHX many moons ago we had that problem but we were only a 3 gate operation. They started making the CC hours earlier so there wasn't too many people standing around. Our CC aren't a part of the crew/team. Our CC now only take care of ensuring the load plan is followed and input into the computer. Some CC would help but it wasn't required. When I went to DFW there are over 300 CC there, not many sit around doing nothing, they have the system figured out fairly well. Now in Atlanta, my current location, it's more like how it was in PHX. Ironically when I started with AA in JFK if a CC did anything besides taking care of the load plan he or she would get pulled aside and spoken to by either the crew or union. You do not do someone else's work and take jobs away. But that was even more many moons ago.
If you are still in PHX can I ask how the interaction with the law guys is with you? I know most of them, most are really good, a few slugs but all in all pretty good

I departed PHX not long after the AA became a separate entity working a couple of gates on their own. However, prior to the separation, I found most of them to be decent guys and helpful. I don't think they were comfortable in the way LUS PHX ran the operation with bat-crap crazy Managers ordering people around, as they were accustom to the CC's running the show. I did observe their operation on N3 (Terminal 3, North 3) as LUS shared gates nearby, and it was a surprise not to see CC's bothering to show-up on in-bound flights. I also ran some bags from their gates, as that was not assigned to LAA TWU, but only to LUS IAM, so I had a pretty good feel of the set-up.

The difference between the Leads vs. CC's on the line in PHX were a complete dichotomy. Typically, two-man crew plus the Lead on the in-bound vs. three-crew, no CC to assist. Lead sets-up gate equipment for in-bound vs. CC nowhere to be found. Lead responsible for supplying headsets, wands, and bypass pin vs. not the CC's problem. Lead returns gate valets to jet bridge vs. CC waits inside. Lead hook-up air, power, and water vs. CC pulls-up DRCP. Lead pushes-out plane vs. CC closes-out flight and goes inside.

I recall seeing more than a few LUS leads behaving like LAA CC's (before the merger), and being terminated too. There was one lead given repeated warnings and write-ups, and finally, terminated. He would call the local union weekly begging to get his job back, complaining the only job he could find was a telemarketing job paying $10/hour without benefits. That's how LUS Management rolled, but I will admit, as cltrat mentioned previously, there are differences between stations, and I think much has to do with the old US East operations vs. the old AW West operations.

I’d like someone to explain to me the difference between the LAA cc and th Lus cc I’m an Lus cc so I can input some on that at least here where I’m at but all I get are rumors about the LAA cc, for the record I’ve heard nothing on which way it may go
This is for fleet btw
Rat I am Maintenance, but if you look in the TWU Contract Book ( little light blue one or online say Local 514 etc.. ) Crew Chief duties and responsibilities. For Detail just find a Fleet Service CC say in DWMS logged in and write him an internal message.

I departed PHX not long after the AA became a separate entity working a couple of gates on their own. However, prior to the separation, I found most of them to be decent guys and helpful. I don't think they were comfortable in the way LUS PHX ran the operation with bat-crap crazy Managers ordering people around, as they were accustom to the CC's running the show. I did observe their operation on N3 (Terminal 3, North 3) as LUS shared gates nearby, and it was a surprise not to see CC's bothering to show-up on in-bound flights. I also ran some bags from their gates, as that was not assigned to LAA TWU, but only to LUS IAM, so I had a pretty good feel of the set-up.

The difference between the Leads vs. CC's on the line in PHX were a complete dichotomy. Typically, two-man crew plus the Lead on the in-bound vs. three-crew, no CC to assist. Lead sets-up gate equipment for in-bound vs. CC nowhere to be found. Lead responsible for supplying headsets, wands, and bypass pin vs. not the CC's problem. Lead returns gate valets to jet bridge vs. CC waits inside. Lead hook-up air, power, and water vs. CC pulls-up DRCP. Lead pushes-out plane vs. CC closes-out flight and goes inside.

I recall seeing more than a few LUS leads behaving like LAA CC's (before the merger), and being terminated too. There was one lead given repeated warnings and write-ups, and finally, terminated. He would call the local union weekly begging to get his job back, complaining the only job he could find was a telemarketing job paying $10/hour without benefits. That's how LUS Management rolled, but I will admit, as cltrat mentioned previously, there are differences between stations, and I think much has to do with the old US East operations vs. the old AW West operations.

Our CC might not be a part of the actual load/unload/push but they are supposed to be present on all flights. The ones you witnessed (and I probably know exactly who it is) doing a disappearing act are not what is expected of LAA CC. We don't take direction from csm because the CC is supposed to always be there. If equipment is missing, tell the CC. If there is a problem of any kind, tell the CC. The ones you are referring to are known as P. O. W. CC, peak out the windows, those people usually end up getting burned by angry crews.

Talos,
You are 100% correct about DFW. I use to be the same way with the csm's. As for getting a fair shake, yes the good dependable not looking to get out of work people were treated fairly well. There were the few zone coordinators who didn't know the job and screwed everyone but most took care of the good people and ran off the lazy bums
I dont know what kind of mood the Weez is in today he used to take good ribbing.But he did leave DFW nah I'll keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:
Rat I am Maintenance, but if you look in the TWU Contract Book ( little light blue one or online say Local 514 etc.. ) Crew Chief duties and responsibilities. For Detail just find a Fleet Service CC say in DWMS logged in and write him an internal message.
Thank you Buck I will look that up at the risk of sounding stupid what is that DWMS?
On a more important note as a person with some significant health challenges ahead I vet read your story with great interest.
It’s just awesome you’ve gone thru so much and have been able to return to work and have good health.
My best wishes for continued health for you and I hope you guys can get whatever is best for you going forward

It really is a shame about Kelly Moore. Wondering if he is leaving for a better offer or is being removed? He did good things for the operation here in DFW. We have some CSM's here that have you shaking your head. Add that to all the new hires and you see some shaky stuff.

Latest posts

Back