Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really (I hope not) gauging your opinion on the half dozen to one dozen posters you read here?

And I mean that as nothing personal this time.
No I'm basing it on a 58 year old man (me) being in a reverse situation and the TWU forcing me into their plan especially if I belonged to the majority

No I'm basing it on a 58 year old man (me) being in a reverse situation and the TWU forcing me into their plan especially if I belonged to the majority

Not everyone is going consider this issue to be their red flag storm the barricades issue Al. If you're 58 and you're getting out at 62, NO absolutely not would you want to jump in the IAMPF over a higher match. Especially since with only 4 years "actually" having money going in under your name they're going to lump you out and say bye bye.

Absolutely better under that circumstance to max more into your 401.

I have ZERO answer to obviously what they're talking about or the BIG WHAT IF what the Company is going to agree to?

But you did just make a great point. If we are allowed the option not to join will current IAMPF members be allowed the option to leave?

We can speculate like a group of mad dogs though over and over but until we actually see something in writing that's all we're doing here.

You don't get to take your money out of the plan. Only lump sum is someone who is vested but has less than five years in the plan.

I met the conditions you listed, but wasn't offered a choice to exit. Actually, we weren't offered anything one way or the other.

Not everyone is going consider this issue to be their red flag storm the barricades issue Al. If you're 58 and you're getting out at 62, NO absolutely not would you want to jump in the IAMPF over a higher match. Especially since with only 4 years "actually" having money going in under your name they're going to lump you out and say bye bye.

Absolutely better under that circumstance to max more into your 401.

Here lies the skepticism, WeAAz......Do you think the company prefer to throw us into the IAMNPF AND continue to contribute the 5.5% match? They would want to go with what is less costly for them.
I cannot see them doing both.

Here lies the skepticism, WeAAz......Do you think the company prefer to throw us into the IAMNPF AND continue to contribute the 5.5% match? They would want to go with what is less costly for them.

I understand Delta is a 401k of approximately 8% depending on how the rules play out. The Mechanics at Southwest, are in the 9% range and asking for 12%

As I posted earlier, if the IAMPF costs you $2,20 per hour where does that money originate and does it affect your 401k match?

I love having choices! But lets get past the fact that we did not have a choice in the ASS, it is water under the bridge. I noticed the IAM also has a 401K plan, will the LUS guys get the choice of transferring their earned IAMPF assets to the IAM 401K plan & then use the 401K match in Supersaver or continue putting into the IAM 401K.? Answer me that, and then we can talk about choices. If they do not have the choice of getting out of the IAMPF does it not send out a giant red flag that maybe their choice is nothing but a giant bait & switch.

Your wasting your time brother...

I wish the powers that be would put an end to the speculation and just put out an update saying it will be a choice....very easy

That has not happened and won't happen, because they have no intention of making it a choice, they are going all in with the Pension fund and rolling the dice on a 50+1 vote, IMO.

The IAMPF is THE ONLY reason the IAM did not bow out and give the representation to the larger union, as did both the Pilots and Flight Attendants unions.
Once you understand that, you will realize the IAM knows their pension fund is ultimately doomed unless it can infuse it with fresh money. And btw, even with our money, it's still doomed, just at a later date when all the current IAM big wigs are gone and enjoying their golden parachutes for roping all of us in it.

Reactions: 1AA

Why can't they do both Metal? IAM Fleet at UAL has both. IAMPF and a 3% Match. And I do think the Company wants us to have some type of retirement or way out. NOT because they love us and are wonderful Christian souls but because under Union contracts they're stuck with us and have to foot much of the bills as we get older and head to the Doctors more and more.

Buyouts don't happen either because they love us. It's the best way to shake the tree and get rid of that low hanging fruit.

Actually more costly to the Company is having us older geezers lingering on and on and on. Do you think they really want to have celebrations for employees hitting the 50 year mark or are they thinking "Oh will you please get the F out of here already" as they give them their cake with a fake smile?

Why can't they do both Metal? IAM Fleet at UAL has both. IAMPF and a 3% Match.

Here's why I don't want both even offered.
If by offering both, that makes the company match on the 401K lower than it would be if they only offered the 401K, then I don't want ANY IAMPF language, none.
I want to know what the company match can be raised to without offering the IAMPF.
I want to know if it in fact can become a CONTRIBUTION without the IAMPF in the mix.

If it means it goes to 10% without IAMPF instead of 6 or 7% with IAMPF as a choice for some, not all.
If it goes to a CONTRIBUTION instead of a match without the IAMPF, that needs to be explored.
If that conversation has not happened yet at the table, Why Not P.Rez?

Last edited:
Here's why I don't want both even offered.
If by offering both, that makes the company match on the 401K lower than it would be if they only offered the 401K, then I don't want ANY IAMPF language, none.
I want to know what the company match can be raised to without offering the IAMPF.
I want to know if it in fact can become a CONTRIBUTION without the IAMPF in the mix.

If it means it goes to 10% without IAMPF instead of 6 or 7% with IAMPF.
If it goes to a CONTRIBUTION instead of a match without the IAMPF, that needs to be explored.
If that conversation has not happened yet at the table, Why Not P.Rez?

All good questions that I hope have/are being asked?

Focusing on the iampf means no chance on improving the 401K match contribution numbers. The iampf is a worse investment for the employee than the current 401K match we have which is the worse of the three union agreements.
Why is it so difficult to understand this simple 1st grade level equation?

The iampf is and will be underfunded and at it's current pace with future withdrawals on the way will end up with the pbgc. Giving them my future contributions in leu of the better 401K plan is a gift to them and I will have nothing when it's time to collect. The 401K is MY MONEY. The iampf is not mine and I may never see any of it. Getting into the iampf is a HUGE gamble and high risk. If it's in the JCBA in any way shape or form I'm voting NO and will campaign my ass off to others who are blindsided by facts.

Even if you actually still worked here with us I know I wouldn't care anyway still. But.

2019 E 81St St, Tulsa, OK 74137?
There you go with Walmart again.

It must really be an obsession for you.

You are starting to embarrass yourself WeAAsles. Well embarrass yourself MORE anyway.

If one is a part-timer, regardless of the number of hours worked above the 1,600 hours annually, NONE of the additional pension contribution will directly benefit the individual as it is a free money to the pension.
That sentence should tell you how broken the pension system is.

Do you think they really want to have celebrations for employees hitting the 50 year mark or are they thinking "Oh will you please get the F out of here already" as they give them their cake with a fake smile?
You could save them from that uncomfortable situation and just leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back