Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years have the AMT's at LUS been enrolled in the IAMPF? I have heard two different time frames.

T-Mark,
"Everyone at the table for LAA knows full well, we do not want the IAMPF. If there's language that forces us into it, there should be a card drive started the day that TA comes out, and it doesn't even matter who it's for, the TWU & IAM should be voted off the property if the TA has LAA forced into the IAMPF."

Absolutely, our number one issue today. But I would suggest the idea highlighted as to applying our efforts in a reactionary way would be too late, at least for most of us if that TA were to pass. The time is now. It has proven to have gotten our Representation's attention in the past and any display of our efforts to do another drive should provide some positive results.

Welcome back Bob.
Forget about it ! People get blinded by the money and careless of everything else

Bob Owens , tell me how this IAMPF going to affect you , if you don't have to much time to retire?

Bob Owens , tell me how this IAMPF going to affect you , if you don't have to much time to retire?
I'm sure Bob will answer you. But let me say he and others including myself have explained the difference between the 401K plan we currently have versus the Scam IAMPF that the USAIR guys have. The AA 401K plan is the worse on the property of all three unions and yet it's better than the iampf loser pension.

"They" (Many on these Forums) don't even want it offered as an option of "Choice" to be voted on as a separate option "individually" by members.

But "they" are also the loudest voices complaining that they never got the chance to "choose" an Association or not.

That's what I find both ironic and extremely hypocritical.

"They" (Many on these Forums) don't even want it offered as an option of "Choice" to be voted on as a separate option "individually" by members.

But "they" are also the loudest voices complaining that they never got the chance to "choose" an Association or not.

That's what I find both ironic and extremely hypocritical.

I think I have been very clear on both subjects.

1. I truly thought the original Association letter was a joke, until I read the last portion of the letter about how Little had agreed to work on getting TWU members into the IAMPF. We all just laughed it off because we were told in writing that we would get to vote on the ASS, but we all know how that lie turned out. I can only assume that the rest of the LAA system was against the ASS because of the 100% negative response to the ASS from every TWU member I spoke to. "100%"

2. My reasoning for not wanting a single TWU member is directly related to my belief that the ASS was
created because they thought they could sell the TWU membership with this great IAM pension plan. They even sent out the cool-aid drinkers shortly after the ASS letter came out to talk up the IAMPF, but I do not believe they expected the response they received to both the ASS & their wanting us to join the IAMPF. Many of us believe that negative response is the reason we never had the chance to vote
on the ASS. Putting TWU members into the IAMPF would make it that much harder to split from the ASS if and when it implodes.

Ultimately it boils down to the same thing, the ASS is a huge mistake, and if we let the IAMPF get its foot in the door it will eventually lead to mandatory enrollment ........IMHO.

I think I have been very clear on both subjects.

1. I truly thought the original Association letter was a joke, until I read the last portion of the letter about how Little had agreed to work on getting TWU members into the IAMPF. We all just laughed it off because we were told in writing that we would get to vote on the ASS, but we all know how that lie turned out. I can only assume that the rest of the LAA system was against the ASS because of the 100% negative response to the ASS from every TWU member I spoke to. "100%"

2. My reasoning for not wanting a single TWU member is directly related to my belief that the ASS was
created because they thought they could sell the TWU membership with this great IAM pension plan. They even sent out the cool-aid drinkers shortly after the ASS letter came out to talk up the IAMPF, but I do not believe they expected the response they received to both the ASS & their wanting us to join the IAMPF. Many of us believe that negative response is the reason we never had the chance to vote
on the ASS. Putting TWU members into the IAMPF would make it that much harder to split from the ASS if and when it implodes.

Ultimately it boils down to the same thing, the ASS is a huge mistake, and if we let the IAMPF get its foot in the door it will eventually lead to mandatory enrollment ........IMHO.

The Ass was formed because Jim Little was spanked by the AFL/CIO to not even think about pulling a fast one and leaving them in the dust by filing with the NMB alone. IAM refused (understandably) to lose both their Members and Political Positions. The IAMPF is just the afterthought and is part of the sales pitch that was being used unsuccessfully during the (Mini tester) raid in DFW, MIA and on Social Media.

Personally we were destroying them on the agenda to use the Pension as the hook and easily pointed out all it's (possible) traps and the 40% cut it needed to take to comply to that Pension Law change.

But today and now since I did make some friends in the IAM I'm not going to condemn them for their motivations when we in the TWU would have done the same thing in their positions.

I've always said I wish we had voted on the damn thing but we didn't have an "internal" vote because no, "they" "people" didn't trust us. And that's a good reason IMO many of us don't trust them in return. (Jim Little though again)

And also the reason why I do 100% understand people being pissed off.

And Chil since Bob is back he can fill (Mechanic to Mechanic) you in more since guys here don't trust me not being one of you.

And Chil since Bob is back he can fill (Mechanic to Mechanic) you in more since guys here don't trust me not being one of you.
I doubt you not being one of them has anything to do with it.

I don't think many people on here from ANY title group trust you. I know I don't.

The Ass was formed because Jim Little was spanked by the AFL/CIO to not even think about pulling a fast one and leaving them in the dust by filing with the NMB alone. IAM refused (understandably) to lose both their Members and Political Positions. The IAMPF is just the afterthought and is part of the sales pitch that was being used unsuccessfully during the (Mini tester) raid in DFW, MIA and on Social Media.

Personally we were destroying them on the agenda to use the Pension as the hook and easily pointed out all it's (possible) traps and the 40% cut it needed to take to comply to that Pension Law change.

But today and now since I did make some friends in the IAM I'm not going to condemn them for their motivations when we in the TWU would have done the same thing in their positions.

I've always said I wish we had voted on the damn thing but we didn't have an "internal" vote because no, "they" "people" didn't trust us. And that's a good reason IMO many of us don't trust them in return. (Jim Little though again)

And also the reason why I do 100% understand people being pissed off.

If the IAMPF is "just an afterthought" then take it off the table! Before our pension was frozen we still had a self funded 401K program. If any TWU member wants into the IAMPF why not let them put their own dollar figure into the plan via payroll deduction just like we do with the credit union & keep their 401k match. It would be a fair solution and keep the IAMPF language out of our contract.

If the IAMPF is "just an afterthought" then take it off the table! Before our pension was frozen we still had a self funded 401K program. If any TWU member wants into the IAMPF why not let them put their own dollar figure into the plan via payroll deduction just like we do with the credit union & keep their 401k match. It would be a fair solution and keep the IAMPF language out of our contract.
Your right because once the language gets put in a contract it's in there and next contract it will be mandatory plan not a option. When they change the language

I doubt you not being one of them has anything to do with it.

I don't think many people on here from ANY title group trust you. I know I don't.

Even if you actually still worked here with us I know I wouldn't care anyway still. But.

2019 E 81St St, Tulsa, OK 74137?

Status
Not open for further replies.