Why there will never be a T.A.

Not sure I agree with your math, but your overall point is spot on. Early Outs are good, but should never be predicated on a T/A vote.

EVERY carrier has HR (or others) patrolling these sites- no one should be surprised to see that.

That said, the idea that negotiations are some sort of state secret is absurd.

And to be honest, if your NC is getting tripped up by comments on social media, then you need a new NC.
Where did you see that I said the NC was getting tripped up???

With the extraordinary profit that AA has been earning even the Mediator would likely frown on the Company if it tried to reject the idea of full retro.

NEXT?
C'mon W, you accuse NYer of using scare tactics, you are using false optimism in your corner.
Where do you get the notion a Mediator would frown upon the lack of full retro? There are so many intangibles that could be used and many could be negative if section 6 drags out...

C'mon W, you accuse NYer of using scare tactics, you are using false optimism in your corner.
Where do you get the notion a Mediator would frown upon the lack of full retro? There are so many intangibles that could be used and many could be negative if section 6 drags out...

Well if NYer can make claims regarding what some unknown and unassigned Mediators would say and do, why can’t I do the same? He considers himself to be the expert above all others on this board who’ve had far more experience than he has. And I’m not negating his experience like he rudely does to everyone else.

Besides AA we can argue here till the cows come home and I don’t think I’ve been arguing what our Negotiators should do as much as saying what I believe firmly they’re going to do.

They’re NOT going to separate and have any group vote while others wait in the wings. They’re going to remain unified.

He didn't even understand the regular pace of negotiations and often repeated how we always seemed to be at the crusp of a TA over the last several years.

He thought we'd never get close to Section 6.

I highly doubt after all those misfires his current stance builds any significance with the regular readers.

Imagine, someone that's been so epically wrong to this point criticizing others. It certainly take a certain amount of chutzpah.

Where did you see that I said the NC was getting tripped up???

Your post was the latest of many that seem to imply that the company is using posts on social media to craft it's negotiation strategy.

I'm simply saying that if that's all it takes to derail talks, you guys need new people at the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

He didn't even understand the regular pace of negotiations and often repeated how we always seemed to be at the crusp of a TA over the last several years.

He thought we'd never get close to Section 6.

I highly doubt after all those misfires his current stance builds any significance with the regular readers.

Imagine, someone that's been so epically wrong to this point criticizing others. It certainly take a certain amount of chutzpah.

Actually no. Unlike your personal cowardice I will state my opinions on things and also admit when I’m wrong.

You see NYer unlike you I have confidence in myself that I don’t always need to be right. Unlike you my self esteem won’t suffer if I’m wrong and my Ego unlike yours doesn’t suffer fatal blows to have typical human frailties.

But ha ha to you that all you got is to continue needing to dredge up the fact I was wrong to give yourself some desperately sought out form of vindication.

The influence comes where the company patrols these boards and can use the dissension to their benefit.
I am not TWU MTC....rather IAM fleet
The Association has already stated their position on a buyout....that position is that they are not opposed to a buyout, they just don’t want it in the JCBA....so that isn’t a sellout by the association.
That leads into the 20% taking a buyout...that would be approx 6,000 people that would not be replaced with association related jobs. Another reason to not have a buyout in JCBA.
If it’s 2019 for M&E...then it’s 2019 for all groups
The influence is $$$$$.
They could care less what we think. It's satire for them to patrol the boards unless they see something that can make them more $$$$$. It's about the money. Until we all understand this we are just hoping.
We have to have faith in our NC. That's all we have. This board is not negotiating for us. Neither is the emails from the company. It's the NC and the company financial folks. You need to wake up and realize this. Then you will have a better understanding on how we the members are not in control.

Your post was the latest of many that seem to imply that the company is using posts on social media to craft it's negotiation strategy.

I'm simply saying that if that's all it takes to derail talks, you guys need new people at the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Company will use any and all means at their disposal to gauge and craft their proposals. There is no need for strategy.

They’re on every Social Media page and in every break room gathering information.

If enough people fall in line to what they’re pushing out then it’s over and they have no need for any further movement. They can and will produce all the proof they have collected to show that the will of the Membership has been broken and they are ready to relent.

The influence is $$$$$.
They could care less what we think. It's satire for them to patrol the boards unless they see something that can make them more $$$$$. It's about the money. Until we all understand this we are just hoping.
We have to have faith in our NC. That's all we have. This board is not negotiating for us. Neither is the emails from the company. It's the NC and the company financial folks. You need to wake up and realize this. Then you will have a better understanding on how we the members are not in control.

You’re not in control because it’s the role you chose for yourself for many years by always undermining the very thing that maybe you could have made strong to advocate on your behalf.

Reactions: B737 driver
The influence is $$$$$.
Good luck on your guys card drive. You are right it is,a numbers game always has been. Everyone has his price and if you go long enough the company will figure out what it is. And everyone on here or on the SWA page can go nuts at people and make fun of them, or give them ****. However in the end Management and the Unions understand it. And it's not just the industrial unions, but all unions.

Good luck on your guys card drive. You are right it is,a numbers game always has been. Everyone has his price and if you go long enough the company will figure out what it is. And everyone on here or on the SWA page can go nuts at people and make fun of them, or give them ****. However in the end Management and the Unions understand it. And it's not just the industrial unions, but all unions.

They have no card drive. But continually mentioning the idea that they do or might soon is again only a cause to undermine any progress these guys would actually like to see come to fruition.

And again although the topic is excruciatingly redundant there is no AMP Union currently in existence.

BTW I think these people have started hundreds of threads on the subject of stupid (yes stupid) card drives all of which lay in total ruin, dead and ultimately ignored.

Last edited:
driver if you want an absolutely hysterical laugh read through this thread in particular from almost 8 years ago now.

http://www.airlineforums.com/threads/what-the-deal-amp.50021/#post-770867

Oh and I looked up ampnational.org and this is what I found.

NEXT?

10F4480A-02AF-4643-807D-6781364F641C.png 33D59179-6B8C-4860-8F31-589CF057CEA7.png

Last edited:

Saying that the company patrols these boards is not the same as saying that it derails talks.