Why there will never be a T.A.

That's was if he ruins the company hope he does not. I think Carthy was the best CEO , you had. Bad management decisions is not the workers fault.

Carty was the one who purchased TWA and it’s debt in an Economy that was becoming rocky prior to 9/11 and he was the one who forced concessions on us in 2003 and famously tried to hide a Golden Parachute for himself and others.

Even Bob Crandall said once that with Carty as CEO AA would be Bankrupt in 5 years.

I’ve seriously been suspecting that like a few others on here driver that you’re nothing more really than a Troll just passing time?

Reactions: swamt
Carty was the one who purchased TWA and it’s debt in an Economy that was becoming rocky prior to 9/11 and he was the one who forced concessions on us in 2003 and famously tried to hide a Golden Parachute for himself and others.

Even Bob Crandall said once that with Carty as CEO AA would be Bankrupt in 5 years.

I’ve seriously been suspecting that like a few others on here driver that you’re nothing more really than a Troll just passing time?
I stand corrected I confused Crandall, with Carty my bad. Bob left in 1998, just like Bob said I mange Airlines, I don't invest in them. Carty was his replacement, so I stand corrected, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Another holiday passes, another $1000 lost out on.

Good job of giving the concession of cross utilization (the associations biggest negotiation tool) as far as I can tell LUS at LAX does the ETOPS on flights to Hawaii. At MIA the LUS planes are treated like any other flight. At LAS the mechs are working as one unit. At BOS the LUS mechs are doing the OT and Aircraft movements.

If we didn’t have an association I wouldn’t be paying $1200 a year in union dues and I would have gotten a raise every time AA tried to give me one. The union has always stopped those raises because it wanted more. We got nothing company got what it wanted for free.

Hogs get fed, pigs get slaughtered

Good job of giving the concession of cross utilization (the associations biggest negotiation tool) as far as I can tell LUS at LAX does the ETOPS on flights to Hawaii. At MIA the LUS planes are treated like any other flight. At LAS the mechs are working as one unit. At BOS the LUS mechs are doing the OT and Aircraft movements.

If we didn’t have an association I wouldn’t be paying $1200 a year in union dues and I would have gotten a raise every time AA tried to give me one. The union has always stopped those raises because it wanted more. We got nothing company got what it wanted for free.

WTF? You didn’t get a huge raise in October 2016? You didn’t get another raise last September?

You’re right they shouldn’t have given the cross utilization and then we could really read you crying your eyes out on here. Again WTF?

We are an Association divided.
Divided within aircraft maintenance.
AA, UsAir, Line, Overhaul, Title 1, Title 2, stores and Tech Services. I'm just concerned with M&E. It's bad enough if you look at the whole picture.

Reactions: B737 driver
B2809534-D35E-467A-B118-37CC32C6CE7F.jpeg

We are an Association divided.
Divided within aircraft maintenance.
AA, UsAir, Line, Overhaul, Title 1, Title 2, stores and Tech Services. I'm just concerned with M&E. It's bad enough if you look at the whole picture.
One or two things will happen enough people will see you guys are serious with your representation campaign , and get on board and make it happen. Or the Association will panic losing a maintenance group and produce an agreement.

One or two things will happen enough people will see you guys are serious with your representation campaign , and get on board and make it happen. Or the Association will panic losing a maintenance group and produce an agreement.

Neither will happen as neither has happened for 70 years now. But at least on Forums the nonsense will always continue to ooze over into every thread.

70 years driver. Reality check says 70 years. TWU 1947, IAM 1949........

And you think the Association should “panic” and accept a quick resolution? The last Association update stated that’s exactly what they’re NOT going to do.

Neither will happen as neither has happened for 70 years now. But at least on Forums the nonsense will always continue to ooze over into every thread.

70 years driver. Reality check says 70 years. TWU 1947, IAM 1949........

And you think the Association should “panic” and accept a quick resolution? The last Association update stated that’s exactly what they’re NOT going to do.
The Association claims they are almost done on ramp, I am sure they could produce an agreement throw some bones with what the American side wants back from bankruptcy, and it would pass like it always does. If they think they are in any real danger of losing 10,000 dues paying members. That's alot of dues money.

The Association claims they are almost done on ramp, I am sure they could produce an agreement throw some bones with what the American side wants back from bankruptcy, and it would pass like it always does. If they think they are in any real danger of losing 10,000 dues paying members. That's alot of dues money.

They don’t feel they are in any danger whatsoever. Again this movie has been played out too many times to count now and everyone already knows the end by heart now.

As you should know better than anyone after almost 6 years of talks, any disruptions in the process only serve to benefit the Company and not the employees who think they have that bull by the horns.

“You have owners. They own you”

George Carlin

In the past (legitimate) card drives have only served to place Negotiations on hold until they worked themselves out and were settled. The Company just pockets the financial interest that could have been ours.

Reactions: B737 driver
They don’t feel they are in any danger whatsoever. Again this movie has been played out too many times to count now and everyone already knows the end by heart now.

As you should know better than anyone after almost 6 years of talks, any disruptions in the process only serve to benefit the Company and not the employees who think they have that bull by the horns.

“You have owners. They own you”

George Carlin

In the past (legitimate) card drives have only served to place Negotiations on hold until they worked themselves out and were settled. The Company just pockets the financial interest that could have been ours.
At SWA they don't do card drives until they have a contract. It is obvious the maintenance group at American Airlines does not care if the Association gets them one or not. Since you have stated numerous times about 70 years of the TWU at American and 70 years of the IAM at USair, if those big industrial unions see real momentum of being replaced they would do a deal, hoping it would pass so they would stay regardless of what Sitto claims. Just like the Teamsters went to the guys and begged we didn't replace them. That's too much dues money for the Association to lose, not to mention the loss of the IAM pension funds. If our deal passes at SWA, some people will complain, but most people will be enjoying their raise and three nice bonus checks, and the thoughts of replacing AMFA will be gone. The one thing that will probably happen is replace the officers and the ALRS for dragging the T/A out and vote.

Looks like negotiations for M&E have come to a halt.
Several issues that both sides won't budge on.
Outsourcing and Medical are two that I'm aware of and now the infighting of the Super Seniority between the unions and the Association. Too much going on and not enough progress in negotiations.

Looks like negotiations for M&E have come to a halt.
Several issues that both sides won't budge on.
Outsourcing and Medical are two that I'm aware of and now the infighting of the Super Seniority between the unions and the Association. Too much going on and not enough progress in negotiations.
Yes. With no end in sight, time to dump the association. Unfortunately out leadership insists on ignoring itsmembers wishes. And riding this horse until we put it out of its misery.

Yes. With no end in sight, time to dump the association. Unfortunately out leadership insists on ignoring itsmembers wishes. And riding this horse until we put it out of its misery.
the best, quickest, easiest solution is for the twu to actually lead, for our leadership to get behind and start a card drive. unfortunately they are owned by the iam and refuse to act. the impediment has always been tulsa and title 2. it sounds like the tulsa impediment has been overcome. now title 2 needs to realize that under the iam and lus they virtually do not exist. under the association guidelines there will never be a T.A. brought back to the membership when BOTH sides have complete veto power. if the iam was on board from the beginning as an "actual" partner it would be a whole lot easier to fight for their medical and or pension. they chose to sit back an "wait" allowing the company to find the exact spot to drive the wedge.now when we go to mediation it will be very easy for the company to demonstrate why everyone needs to be on the same medical plan. what a shame they could have actually made the association work but chose the easy way out. inaction.

Latest posts