WN Mechanics seek mediation

NY Daily News print addition Sunday.

4342852B-BED5-47DB-89A9-1512F25A5A93.jpeg

Reactions: B737 driver
swamt just popped over again and went off on another full frontal assault tirade against the Association and the TWU so here I am again.

So Chip Diller, here you’re saying that currently AA guys are earning in base wages around $7,000 more per year than AMFA Members at SWA? And they have more Aircraft Mechanics too?

Well let’s see? We got an Apple and we got an Orange. Both are fruits, both can be tasty and both are good for you. Not always about comparing the Apple to the Orange as much as it’s just which one you might like better over the other sometimes. Just have to hope the fruit you want hasn’t gone rotten?
Hey weezz, yes I saw that, hope all is well in the American side of the house. It's amazing how we can analyze what's going wrong on your side, but we just sit in SWA land.He says I am about the money, I would like a raise, but not give the store way to get it.

Hey weezz, yes I saw that, hope all is well in the American side of the house. It's amazing how we can analyze what's going wrong on your side, but we just sit in SWA land.He says I am about the money, I would like a raise, but not give the store way to get it.

Yea if he was a standup guy he’d be over there knocking Management just like he does on here.

But I guess at SWA it’s “Managements evil” and at AA it’s “Unions evil” to swampy.

Hypocrite.

And yea again driver I don’t give my TWU, the IAM or the Association a free pass for making a few blunders and even some doozys over the years unlike Pom Pom La La Land swampy Joe.

Reactions: B737 driver
Hey some Garbageman dropped some chit on my lawn so I thought I’d throw his chit back where it belongs/

“So then, are you stating there will be no negatives then? If it goes to one side or the other, which YOU said it will in certain cases, then the members of each union will in fact consider the changes a negative as they are currently use to how they are working in their current contracts now. How the hell can you say it will be nothing negative? Take the seniority issues as an example CB. If it goes AA's way the US side will take it as a negative. If it goes the US way, it will be taken as a negative on the AA side. You (should) know this. And you also know there are many, many more other differences in the contracts that counter each other as you said you are dealing with. And they are all going to have to be delt with.

CB I actually praise you for coming on here and trying to get the AA'ers the info they need andanswering their questions for them. But, something needs to be done about the TWU being so dam quieton the info. otherwise you guys will get complete chaos once your T/A is revealed, IF, you even get to aT/A...”

swamt tell me again what your Union is doing.

“How does it feel swamt, how does it feel” LMAO.

2EB45A0F-5251-405C-8E0E-AC0C36E6C39C.jpeg

And he’s off and running his mouth (fingers) yet again.

Hey swamt want to make a bet that you go another 5 years without a contract and then when you finally get it you’ll only get a $1,500 signing bonus with no retro.

Sad sad sad.

You are actually chitting on my lawn. You should start your own thread for your spat

Would you like to broker a truce? I really don’t enjoy bombing your Country. But I think the other guy enjoys bombing mine.

You are actually chitting on my lawn. You should start your own thread for your spat
Dippy Dave can't help himself, he wants to be like the diseased former BB mouth piece of the anti-AMFA unskilled, 700UW. He constantly stuck his big IAm nose in AMT affairs (and pilots), and I guess finally got banished from this BB for being a constant pest.

I find I rather amusing that Dippy Dave called out SWAMT for not bashing AA management.
Yea if he was a standup guy he’d be over there knocking Management just like he does on here.
Yet Dippy Dave praised DUI Doug for his new V6 Mustang that he bought with the pay raise we so graciously received at AA. So much for being a "standup guy" right?

I surmise "WeAAsle" fits his character perfectly.

And he’s off and running his mouth (fingers) yet again.

Hey swamt want to make a bet that you go another 5 years without a contract and then when you finally get it you’ll only get a $1,500 signing bonus with no retro.

Sad sad sad.

Why do I hear Rupaul's voice every time I read your posts?

Just read the update from 787 in UPS thread that he posted Fri. Looks like they are also not getting anything done this year too with the teamsters. I do believe both our contracts were up at approx same time so we both are going on 5-6 years with no new contract. Their sticklers seem to be retirement and healthcare. Seems the co. and the teamsters are still trying to push that teamcare through. teamsters are still asking for a $60 top out. Which I believe is where we should be at the end of our contract if settled now as we would have waited about 10-11 years which is only 1.50, or lower, per year of total waiting. I wouldn't call that unreasonable as long as there was movement by co. on scope and the rest.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the co's RS's. Anyone hearing anything or willing to post?

Just read the update from 787 in UPS thread that he posted Fri. Looks like they are also not getting anything done this year too with the teamsters. I do believe both our contracts were up at approx same time so we both are going on 5-6 years with no new contract. Their sticklers seem to be retirement and healthcare. Seems the co. and the teamsters are still trying to push that teamcare through. teamsters are still asking for a $60 top out. Which I believe is where we should be at the end of our contract if settled now as we would have waited about 10-11 years which is only 1.50, or lower, per year of total waiting. I wouldn't call that unreasonable as long as there was movement by co. on scope and the rest.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the co's RS's. Anyone hearing anything or willing to post?
There is always off the record stuff, we know that from our last negotiations, if you can Cramer out of the way, probably get somewhere. Because whatever the company comes up with, Bob will just ask for something ridiculous and again we get nowhere.

Maybe we will get an agreement in 2018, huh? This just came out today. Wondering where it will end up.

Press Release: Southwest Mechanics Threaten To Throw Legal Wrench in Airline’s Proposed Hawaiian Operations
October 24, 2017 -- Bret Oestreich, National Director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), announced that the union will be filing legal action that could disrupt Southwest Airlines’ plan to initiate service to Hawaii in 2018. “Southwest Airlines has the lowest ratio of mechanics to aircraft of any major carrier,” commented Oestreich. “Now, the carrier wants to expand its service over open waters without accepting direct responsibility for the airworthiness of its aircraft. Not only is this irresponsible, but it is a direct violation of our contract, and we are not going to allow it to happen.”
Read More

Latest posts