WN Mechanics seek mediation

Amen brother. Full retro here too, or no contract. I am sick and tired of this company just expecting they can drag this crap out for nearly 6 years and just "settle" for way less than what we would have made if we received all our wages, 401K, and profit sharing from day one. Read the companies memo after the nego's, they tickle everyone about "what" they agreed to and "what" they will do in the future, with NO scope language explained, hmmmm, imagine that, where is scope going in all this? Show us the scope offers in"writing" so we can decide, period.
If the bonus is close I won't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The scope if they have specific language for bid locations, the work checks, whatever you want to call the checks, and maintain the same numbers, separating line, and hangar, and the shops. As well as the overtime rules, and down line language, that's o.k. with me. I don't day trade but I know you guys do, that stays as well. I want the me too clause as far as insurance and retirement.I don't care about inspection back fill, because I am not an inspector.

Management is also gonna need to brief us on the specific changes they intend to make before I can vote 'yes' for anything. There is this big issue called trust. I don't trust them. Their last update on the negotiations, all I read was money. No mention of much else.

Why don't we ask them at the meetings if they can afford full retro and if so why would we settle for less? We have no business telling them how to run the company and frankly I wish them well because our job security rests on their success. As far as scope we wanted job protection and it appears all that is needed is to put it in writing since yes, we do not trust them.

I agree with all of you above about the "trust" issue. I would have to see the scope language in writing before making any decision. But, if is still not full retro I will still be NO. Full retro (bonus that equals full retro) and scope is top of my list as well as most in Dallas. Now that the company has still not put scope in writing they are not trusted by anyone in Dallas where most all will be felt by the scope changes. I was told the company wants complete cart blanc to do as they wish with the scope and it does worry me that there was nothing mentioned about scope what-so-ever in their offer, so why is that???
Birdman is correct, we need to get to the meetings and ask about full retro and what they are wanting in scope, if it's a blank check for the scope they can pack sand in my opinion. Company seems to be disturbed that the union rejected their new current offer. What do they expect when there is no mention about scope. There is no way the NC will allow anything out that has no language about scope...
I will add that the company is getting closer with their adjusted 30%, 16.3%, and 3% per year thereafter offer. At least they are FINALLY moving in the right direction.

Why don't we ask them at the meetings if they can afford full retro and if so why would we settle for less? We have no business telling them how to run the company and frankly I wish them well because our job security rests on their success. As far as scope we wanted job protection and it appears all that is needed is to put it in writing since yes, we do not trust them.

It is a foregone conclusion that they can afford to pay Full Retro.

Be careful what you wish for on the full retro or more, you can get your money, because the old guys will jump on it. There will be some scope changes. I will say this in 24 years, I have been here, we have given up de ice, push back , and fueling a long time ago, and not one mechanic ever lost a job, and I can say that. We have watched our numbers grow, we have a much better retirement then any other airline.Yes some of the culture has changed, but that comes from growth.I worry about the people here now, not if Delta or American gets a raise. Treat us fair and let them run the company, AMFA is our agent to bring us a deal, we are not the board of directors, peace brothers, here is to a contract some time this year, or early 2019.

Be careful what you wish for on the full retro or more, you can get your money, because the old guys will jump on it. There will be some scope changes. I will say this in 24 years, I have been here, we have given up de ice, push back , and fueling a long time ago, and not one mechanic ever lost a job, and I can say that. We have watched our numbers grow, we have a much better retirement then any other airline.Yes some of the culture has changed, but that comes from growth.I worry about the people here now, not if Delta or American gets a raise. Treat us fair and let them run the company, AMFA is our agent to bring us a deal, we are not the board of directors, peace brothers, here is to a contract some time this year, or early 2019.

You aren't the only one who has watched the changes through the years. And please spare us from anymore of your self-aggrandisement. We know your education history, your job history and your union involvement history. This isn't about wishing for something, it is voting for a worthy agreement or against a p.o.s. And yes they can afford to pay full retro.

You aren't the only one who has watched the changes through the years. And please spare us from anymore of your self-aggrandisement. We know your education history, your job history and your union involvement history. This isn't about wishing for something, it is voting for a worthy agreement or against a p.o.s. And yes they can afford to pay full retro.
Spare me your bull crap, if they give us full retro great, the simple fact is, we have not seen a T/A because AMFA know it would pass, plain and simple, or they would've put it out to prove it. It has been said in the Union meetings and the road shows.

Spare me your bull crap, if they give us full retro great, the simple fact is, we have not seen a T/A because AMFA know it would pass, plain and simple, or they would've put it out to prove it. It has been said in the Union meetings and the road shows.

You are assuming a P.O.S. t/a would pass if given to our membership to vote on. I am convinced if the members would look past the money it would not.

I don't understand why swamt ,crows foot and bird boy just don't get on the committee and get er done. Sounds simple to me. WTF. They have all the answers. Simple process. Get ready for longest drawn out negotiations. Good luck. Go Figure.

I don't understand why swamt ,crows foot and bird boy just don't get on the committee and get er done. Sounds simple to me. WTF. They have all the answers. Simple process. Get ready for longest drawn out negotiations. Good luck. Go Figure.
Well throughout the process, company has said present to the membership, AMFA says no, regardless if it good or bad. So until they sign off, no T/A, but this last time was some movement. There will be so much movement, and I guess when they get the best and final, then we will vote.

How about we make them admit that "forgone conclusion" to our faces in the meetings, especially in light of another record breaking year of profitability. Consider these are net profits AFTER the pilots and flight attendants settled contracts.

Your job security also relies on the language written in your contract.
Believe me, I'm not about to overlook poorly written language that has cost me over $15,000 in company match medical pre-fund at AA.

Another record 4th Q results. With 1.1 billion, yes BILLION, accredited to the new tax reform which leaves about .79 billion, yes BILLION again in 4Q profits. They can easily afford to pay the full retro and it will get even easier as we head thru 2018 with the new tax laws.
It's simple people, pay us what we would have earned for the last 5.5 years in your so called bonus, snap up % should be a minimum 18% if not 20% due to company dragging this "pay freeze" out for 6 years trying to get by with cheaper cost to settle what they should have been paying all along, then give the usual 3% of raises for remaining years left or maybe even 3.26% for the record profits. Still would need to see scope changes or ask before even considering that offer as well. The company is trying to remove the liason and are hiding the scope changes for a reason. Someone on here was right, co. has not offered last best and final as of yet, until then the NC will not agree to bring it to the membership for a vote until the co. meets the requirements of the membership when one of those is "full retro". Just remember the Pilots held out for "full retro" and they got it, so can we because we more than deserve it after this 6 year hiatus...

Southwest gets boost from tax law; beats Street 4Q forecasts

Latest posts

Back