WN Mechanics seek mediation

Just look back at reservations,cleaners etc. We will have a job but where? No 2.75 we will shrink. It affects all of us sooner or later.
Where did the 2.75 ever give you station protection. Your protection is your bid slots. Line, shop , hangar, shop line relief, Hangar Ron, Line Ron. There was nothing ever keeping from a realignment. You show me language in our existing contract that gives station protections. They company offered station protections only to gut Article 2, and that was only good for the life of this contract , and AMFA said no. Sounds like scare tactics, trying to get a no vote. Same as company scare tactics saying what the mediator will do. Remember Northwest AMFA has some of the best language ,supposedly and they got rid of guys long before the strike came!!

The point is that after we lose positions through realignments, abolishments and retirements, those jobs wont have to be refilled without the 2.75 floor. Our group will not grow with the fleet, it will shrink even more.
If you think that is a scare tactic, then explain why they had to remove the 2.75 minimum?

Last edited:
Reactions: 737MAX7
The point is that after we lose positions through realignments, abolishments and retirements, those jobs wont have to be refilled without the 2.75 floor. Our group will not grow with the fleet, it will shrink even more.
If you think that is a scare tactic, then explain why they had to remove the 2.75 minimum?
Your scope 2 language secures your work, they have to bring work back in house before they can lay anyone off. The 2.75-has never given you station protections and you know it. Again show me that says they can't realign maintenance. You can't ! We have to call overtime everyday to cover the work on line Ron . We have to push work that is the C category. I get emails from the CASS board all the time showing out of service a/c . The blade lubes have been lowered to 1800 cycles. We are now changing Cabin windows that the more than 12 years old, or show signs of stress. The union uses scare tactics just like the company does. Again show me the contract language.

I never said the 2.75 provided any station protection.
I said that after we lose people from targeted stations, we wont have the 2.75 min to fall back on to keep our total numbers.

Reactions: 737MAX7
I never said the 2.75 provided any station protection.
I said that after we lose people from targeted stations, we wont have the 2.75 min to fall back on to keep our total numbers.
However there are people trying to spread rumours that the 2.75 prevented realignment, to get a No vote. Same thing on we hold all this power on ETOPS and Cramer at the last Union meeting said we do not. We only can sue can't prevent the company from contracting out where we do not have maintenance. Like I said we have to call overtime everyday. I can't worry about people that aren't even hired yet. I can only vote based on the people here.

UPS -AIP the Agreement include:

• An immediate pay increase of 16.04% and 3% annual wage increases over the life of the contract
  • Full Retro for all wage increases going back to the amendable date of 11/1/13
  • Increase pension contributions to 13.5% applied to all retroactive amounts
  • Existing 401k match will be applied to retroactive amounts
  • Health benefits remain unchanged with no premiums, but a $200 for single and $400 for family coverage annual deductible will apply
  • Increase to staffing ratio and scope improvements to protect jobs
  • Substantial improvements to TDY

• An immediate pay increase of 16.04% and 3% annual wage increases over the life of the contract
  • Health benefits remain unchanged with no premiums, but a $200 for single and $400 for family coverage annual deductible will apply
So are you saying we should have kept the Teamsters? Good information.

That looks like a pretty good deal on the UPS contract. I work with a guy who came from UPS years ago, I need to try and see if he has reached out to some of his guys on the atmosphere over there. I do remember him saying partly why he left was it like a Gestapo, over there. Their tolerance for BS was minimal, you worked your a$$ off, very heavily regulated. Example, when it was lunch or break time, you get your 10 minutes or 30 or whatnot and when's times up, your a$$ is back on the job. We all know we have some real winners running this outfit now but it's nothing like that in the 3 stations I've worked in my tenure here.
As to the 2.75, I agree with driver above, it's a false sense of protection if you asked me. Article 2 is where the job protection is/was at, and that was never in article 2, it was a LOA that had an expiration without renewing. Quite honestly the business model/programs are going to forecast headcount required whether it's everybody on the line, 90% line, 10% hangar, whatever. We had Msg, epic and now the Max maintenance program is coming, whether there is a 2.75 or any of that. That's what's driving the cards and where they are worked. I realize guys want to exercise seniority and "Hey I don't want to work in the elements any more, or Hey, I don't want to pound rivets", but the bottom line is work must not leave the premises. Again the work changes, we use to do all the classics in Houston C check at one time, then they brought em up to Dallas, now the classics are gone, and we're still here. You have to adapt somewhat to industry as it changes. I think everybody knows that's been here, that SWA is and has been for a hell of a long time one of the biggest outsourcing airlines in existence, not wanting or willing to outsource more, but this industry changes and so do we I reckon. I think guys take that number like gossip from the bible. This airline is growing like a weed, and we can't do the crap now with what we got. We can't hire guys with any experience, because the Legacy carriers are all good, and who wants to leave there now to come here for less money. I also agree, I'm concerned about the guys that on the property now, and having a job for the rest of their career here. As long as we aren't having contractors do the jobs that SWA badged employees do now, then that should be the bigger focus I would think.

That looks like a pretty good deal on the UPS contract. I work with a guy who came from UPS years ago, I need to try and see if he has reached out to some of his guys on the atmosphere over there. I do remember him saying partly why he left was it like a Gestapo, over there. Their tolerance for BS was minimal, you worked your a$$ off, very heavily regulated. Example, when it was lunch or break time, you get your 10 minutes or 30 or whatnot and when's times up, your a$$ is back on the job. We all know we have some real winners running this outfit now but it's nothing like that in the 3 stations I've worked in my tenure here.
As to the 2.75, I agree with driver above, it's a false sense of protection if you asked me. Article 2 is where the job protection is/was at, and that was never in article 2, it was a LOA that had an expiration without renewing. Quite honestly the business model/programs are going to forecast headcount required whether it's everybody on the line, 90% line, 10% hangar, whatever. We had Msg, epic and now the Max maintenance program is coming, whether there is a 2.75 or any of that. That's what's driving the cards and where they are worked. I realize guys want to exercise seniority and "Hey I don't want to work in the elements any more, or Hey, I don't want to pound rivets", but the bottom line is work must not leave the premises. Again the work changes, we use to do all the classics in Houston C check at one time, then they brought em up to Dallas, now the classics are gone, and we're still here. You have to adapt somewhat to industry as it changes. I think everybody knows that's been here, that SWA is and has been for a hell of a long time one of the biggest outsourcing airlines in existence, not wanting or willing to outsource more, but this industry changes and so do we I reckon. I think guys take that number like gossip from the bible. This airline is growing like a weed, and we can't do the crap now with what we got. We can't hire guys with any experience, because the Legacy carriers are all good, and who wants to leave there now to come here for less money. I also agree, I'm concerned about the guys that on the property now, and having a job for the rest of their career here. As long as we aren't having contractors do the jobs that SWA badged employees do now, then that should be the bigger focus I would think.
Well said I think all these guys that want No are spreading false rumours about realignment to get a No vote. They talked about our C check line in MDW, well guess what it's still here. This airline has changed and If this passes Dallas will learn they are not the center of the Universe. The 4 C check lines was for Dallas, LOA 2 is for Dallas. People need to ask the ALR what the changes are, and what they mean . And you can put your little disagree X, I Don't give a Rat's Ass.! :)

Are these the only changes? I find that hard to believe when it took them the same amount of time as us with only these changes. Is there a link or web site with more details? I believe the teamsters contract info is not public so could someone provide a link if possible to all the changes?
So they will pop on DOS to $59.30 plus.
3% per year for 5 years I believe will put them nearly at $68 plus at top out.
Full retro.
An increase to the pension contribution which will be 13.5% and also applied to all retro amounts.
Retro 401K payments at same amount.
Still NO premiums for their healthcare (free healthcare) only has the deductibles. NO teamcare.
Increases to staffing and scope improvements
TDY gets substantial improvements.

Gee, where do I sign???
Funny how the UPS mechanics come to an AIP right after we did. Talk about timing. And now with the AS mechanics rejecting their JCBA.
At this point I'm not so sure of a passing vote on ours. These are a couple of monkey wrenches getting thrown into the mix and the company doesn't like it, and now the co. can't really blame the mechanics for the no vote. The co. should have came to this offer a long time ago way prior to UPS, AA and now AS rejecting. I do believe this offer would have, I repeat, would have passed with flying colors 2-3 years ago. But, with the company waiting too long to come to an agreement, they may end up getting a NO vote. If they would simply fix some minor issues and actually give a 3% raise for "each year" of the out going years and fix the snap up to include year 2018 the 6th year as of Aug. then they would get their passing vote. Not so much a gimme any more. This may go down in flames now guys, get ready...

How about a shout out to our brothers and sisters in Florida.
Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando;
How did the unions and company RS's go?
Curious of your thoughts and maybe which way some are leaning towards.
Now that all 3 cities RS's are done was looking at discussing the reasons the union gave and the what was our economist reasons for voting no and or yes. Any input would be appreciated.
Also interested in what Cramer may have said. He seems to be the loudest of the No votes.

F
Are these the only changes? I find that hard to believe when it took them the same amount of time as us with only these changes. Is there a link or web site with more details? I believe the teamsters contract info is not public so could someone provide a link if possible to all the changes?
So they will pop on DOS to $59.30 plus.
3% per year for 5 years I believe will put them nearly at $68 plus at top out.
Full retro.
An increase to the pension contribution which will be 13.5% and also applied to all retro amounts.
Retro 401K payments at same amount.
Still NO premiums for their healthcare (free healthcare) only has the deductibles. NO teamcare.
Increases to staffing and scope improvements
TDY gets substantial improvements.

Gee, where do I sign???
Funny how the UPS mechanics come to an AIP right after we did. Talk about timing. And now with the AS mechanics rejecting their JCBA.
At this point I'm not so sure of a passing vote on ours. These are a couple of monkey wrenches getting thrown into the mix and the company doesn't like it, and now the co. can't really blame the mechanics for the no vote. The co. should have came to this offer a long time ago way prior to UPS, AA and now AS rejecting. I do believe this offer would have, I repeat, would have passed with flying colors 2-3 years ago. But, with the company waiting too long to come to an agreement, they may end up getting a NO vote. If they would simply fix some minor issues and actually give a 3% raise for "each year" of the out going years and fix the snap up to include year 2018 the 6th year as of Aug. then they would get their passing vote. Not so much a gimme any more. This may go down in flames now guys, get ready...
FLL is a yes vote. If we had Teamsters wouldn't have gone this long. Funny how a sucky industrial union, you guys hate , got a great contract. If this goes down in flames, and they go more than a year to resolve it, you might see the guys wanting to replace AMFA, just like the American guys doing their card drive.

How about a shout out to our brothers and sisters in Florida.
Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando;
How did the unions and company RS's go?
Curious of your thoughts and maybe which way some are leaning towards.
Now that all 3 cities RS's are done was looking at discussing the reasons the union gave and the what was our economist reasons for voting no and or yes. Any input would be appreciated.
Also interested in what Cramer may have said. He seems to be the loudest of the No votes.

Heard from some key people that the RS’s were a smashing success. Everyone was wondering how fast they could vote YES and get it over with?

Looks like it should pass by a 95% YES landslide.

Reactions: B737 driver
F

FLL is a yes vote. If we had Teamsters wouldn't have gone this long. Funny how a sucky industrial union, you guys hate , got a great contract. If this goes down in flames, and they go more than a year to resolve it, you might see the guys wanting to replace AMFA, just like the American guys doing their card drive.

Ever notice a pattern among the Airline Mechanic. You guys live to have Card Drives and try to change your Unions. It’s why other groups honestly call you “Elitists”

SWA has had two Unions and guaranteed you’ll have another again in your future.

NWA Disaster.

UAL is all over the map with Representation changes.

US just had a challenge a few years back.

AA has these failed runs every few years.

Hate to say this but among the AMT groups it seems like the only ones truly satisfied might be Delta Airlines? They have no Union and are quiet as Church Mice. No drive over there for AMFA, AMP, IAM, IBT, or TWU? There are drives for the Ramp and FA’s but zip, nil, nada, zippo for AMT’s.

Why do you think that is? Why is the Non Union Delta Mechanic happier than all the rest?

A
Ever notice a pattern among the Airline Mechanic. You guys live to have Card Drives and try to change your Unions. It’s why other groups honestly call you “Elitists”

SWA has had two Unions and guaranteed you’ll have another again in your future.

NWA Disaster.

UAL is all over the map with Representation changes.

US just had a challenge a few years back.

AA has these failed runs every few years.

Hate to say this but among the AMT groups it seems like the only ones truly satisfied might be Delta Airlines? They have no Union and are quiet as Church Mice. No drive over there for AMFA, AMP, IAM, IBT, or TWU? There are drives for the Ramp and FA’s but zip, nil, nada, zippo for AMT’s.

Why do you think that is? Why is the Non Union Delta Mechanic happier than all the rest?
Actually we have had 4 ,IAM, In house union, Teamsters, AMFA. And those guys at Delta work!

Latest posts