WN Mechanics seek mediation

Dont sweat over that dude. He is just mad that he didnt get to vote away our article 2 scope language and for less money.
No I wouldn't vote my job away. I would take less money to keep my job, if that was the only choice. Besides what are you guys afraid of Dallas is the biggest voting block. Maybe you 're afraid of the old guys , our the low time guys, or IGMs .

Last edited:
No I wouldn't vote my job away. I would take less money to keep my job, if that was the only choice. Besides what are you guys afraid of Dallas is the biggest voting block. Maybe you 're afraid of the old guys , our the low time guys, or IGMs .

REALLY? Your the IGM. BTW Dallas is the biggest lost of maint. with the co. ask. Not afraid of the old guys at all. Totally afraid of the new guys, X-AirTran guys, and anyone who has just recently been hired.
Would you really take less money to keep your job? In Dallas, just so you know, they were asking to cut headcount, maint., as well as shop employees and other groups. If you have not yet gotten an update at your monthly meeting, then be patient and wait for it.
Taking less money to "save jobs" sounds just exactly like the AA mechs from the past, and poof, the jobs were gone as well.
Were not afraid of nothing. We are just trying to educate the rest of the mechanics out there that work for SWA. And again, the biggest hit on the maint will be on Dallas.

REALLY? Your the IGM. BTW Dallas is the biggest lost of maint. with the co. ask. Not afraid of the old guys at all. Totally afraid of the new guys, X-AirTran guys, and anyone who has just recently been hired.
Would you really take less money to keep your job? In Dallas, just so you know, they were asking to cut headcount, maint., as well as shop employees and other groups. If you have not yet gotten an update at your monthly meeting, then be patient and wait for it.
Taking less money to "save jobs" sounds just exactly like the AA mechs from the past, and poof, the jobs were gone as well.
Were not afraid of nothing. We are just trying to educate the rest of the mechanics out there that work for SWA. And again, the biggest hit on the maint will be on Dallas.
If you kept scope 2, which they wanted to gut: which they have to bring work back in house is still there. As far as taking less Money to keep my job, that met a smaller raise, to not gut my scope. Because last year AMFA ask for impossible economics when they almost had scope done. When I got on here last year, you can not continue to hold people's money up forever. Trying to cater to 24% of the workforce in Dallas. You have the instructors, maint control. The newer guys that don't have the senority bump. The ex Airtran especially the ones from Northwest have nothing to lose and have said so. You also have the GSE guys. We have driven this too long , it will fall on deaf ears for the ones who have their minds made up. Where I am at they don't want to risk the scope gains trying to get more money. Most people that will vote yes, think the offer is fair. AMFA will survive this, they did what they could.

Of course AMFA will survive this. They are doing what the majority of the membership has asked for. I have no more input until after the road shows are done from the union. I am sure they will start some time in May and probably run 1.5-2 months. There are a lot of stations out there to hit and I believe the NC wants to attend them all. I will say after our meeting that most were disappointed in the Non raise for 2018 (yes, if this were to pass we would get a 14.8% raise for snap up, but then in Aug when we are due our next raise will not happen) There's 3.2% off from our average of 3% per year without raises for 6 years. Then there's the issue of being short approx 2% from where we should be. As it was explained in the meeting this approx 5% equals about 205,000 per man over 20 years and we would never get that back, and that's being compounded as it should be figured. I am still saying No at this point and I will wait until after RS's to to make my final decision of my vote as my ALR has indicated to us that there will be more detailed info at the RS's that they could not release at this meeting as some stuff is still fluid and there may even be some stuff still to be worked out and agreed to or maybe even nego again to get to a T/A. Maybe, just maybe at the last hour of finalizing everything if they would say they will not T/A on it unless the snap up is brought up to the full 18% due to the mechanics in 2018 and keep the amendable date as is at 8-16 then I might be more willing to entertain a Yes vote. But at current offer, does not meet what we are owed for waiting 6 plus years. Another guess on the dates was that, if all things go smoothly, we should be voting by early Aug., so why not just leave the date of Aug 16th as our amendable date? It's been like that for over 40 years, leave it alone...

Of course AMFA will survive this. They are doing what the majority of the membership has asked for. I have no more input until after the road shows are done from the union. I am sure they will start some time in May and probably run 1.5-2 months. There are a lot of stations out there to hit and I believe the NC wants to attend them all. I will say after our meeting that most were disappointed in the Non raise for 2018 (yes, if this were to pass we would get a 14.8% raise for snap up, but then in Aug when we are due our next raise will not happen) There's 3.2% off from our average of 3% per year without raises for 6 years. Then there's the issue of being short approx 2% from where we should be. As it was explained in the meeting this approx 5% equals about 205,000 per man over 20 years and we would never get that back, and that's being compounded as it should be figured. I am still saying No at this point and I will wait until after RS's to to make my final decision of my vote as my ALR has indicated to us that there will be more detailed info at the RS's that they could not release at this meeting as some stuff is still fluid and there may even be some stuff still to be worked out and agreed to or maybe even nego again to get to a T/A. Maybe, just maybe at the last hour of finalizing everything if they would say they will not T/A on it unless the snap up is brought up to the full 18% due to the mechanics in 2018 and keep the amendable date as is at 8-16 then I might be more willing to entertain a Yes vote. But at current offer, does not meet what we are owed for waiting 6 plus years. Another guess on the dates was that, if all things go smoothly, we should be voting by early Aug., so why not just leave the date of Aug 16th as our amendable date? It's been like that for over 40 years, leave it alone...
If we don't vote till August , you convince more people to vote for it, just because of the time, not smart on their part, because the numbers are to close to drive it, to 2019, good luck whatever happens.

Well since you want to be condescending , I will leave you with this either if this passes or doesn't I will, still be making more money than you, enjoy your life.

Talk about a juvenile post. You advertised how much you made last year in a previous post.. I didn't. You assume things with no facts. That would just make you ignorant.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Talk about a juvenile post. You advertised how much you made last year. I didn't. You assume things with no facts. That would just make you ignorant.
Whatever, dude you have your agenda, if it passes fine, if it does not see you in 2019, especially if you don't vote till August.SWA will still pursue their ETOPS and the lawsuits will continue. It will be longer until people get their raises. You have the F/A coming up, will they try to get us done, or put us on the backburner like they did stores. Only time will tell, enjoy your club in Dallas.

If we don't vote till August , you convince more people to vote for it, just because of the time, not smart on their part, because the numbers are to close to drive it, to 2019, good luck whatever happens.
As a AA amt who a lot of our mechanics voted to take less pay for jobs and less pay for a pension that got frozen. As soon as the ink was dried they laid guys off any way we were stuck with the lower pay. You complain about amfa a lot I wish aa had amfa. They listen to there members and do what the majority want and it should be that way. And there updates let you know what’s going on. Swa made a big opening in Hawaii for the Hawaii flights. So I hope all do what your nc says to do. Them bringing this back shows amfa is not the problem but if y’all turn it down by a big margin that will show the company where they stand. If you do not get full retro then they will just keep drawing out the negotiation for ever.

As a AA amt who a lot of our mechanics voted to take less pay for jobs and less pay for a pension that got frozen. As soon as the ink was dried they laid guys off any way we were stuck with the lower pay. You complain about amfa a lot I wish aa had amfa. They listen to there members and do what the majority want and it should be that way. And there updates let you know what’s going on. Swa made a big opening in Hawaii for the Hawaii flights. So I hope all do what your nc says to do. Them bringing this back shows amfa is not the problem but if y’all turn it down by a big margin that will show the company where they stand. If you do not get full retro then they will just keep drawing out the negotiation for ever.
I understand how you feel. My scope is my most important. The scope did not change, so if passes fine, if not back to the drawing board.

My guess is your TA passes by 72% YES.

Slap.
I think it will be extremely close, but if the bigger stations say no, it will not pass. Then we might be done, by the end of this year. Or the first to start of the second quarter in 2019.

I would have to agree with everything you said.

Reactions: swamt
I would say at American if Parker would leave your scope alone, and maybe bring some more work in. You got your contract back to before 2003, with the pay, vacation, overtime rules back in place. And pay you more than United, I am sure the guys would approve it, regardless what Union you guys had.

Latest posts