141 Fleet Service

Only the Union can give an answer to this Question. Based on what they told the Membership in the above stations before, I doubt that they will fight to overturn the injustice done to those members. The sad thing about those stations is that they went Mainline Express AFTER the contract went into effect. The Company said that since the conversions to Express were announced prior to the contract that those stations were Screwed....IF the IAM was going to stand up and fight, this would have been the time to do it. Since they didn't care to fight for those members jobs then, I wouldn't look for them to do anything now. :down:

Let see do you have a pension?

Do you vacation or pdo?

Do you have sick or pdo?

Do you have a grievance procedure?

Do you have scope language or a ppg?

Fleet Service is in District Lodge 141, there are no mechanics in that district and the mechanics are now the minority in the transportation deparment, there are more fleet and customer service then mechanics.

700UW said:
Let see do you have a pension?

Do you vacation or pdo?

Do you have sick or pdo?

Do you have a grievance procedure?

Do you have scope language or a ppg?

Fleet Service is in District Lodge 141, there are no mechanics in that district and the mechanics are now the minority in the transportation deparment, there are more fleet and customer service then mechanics.
[post="199407"][/post]​

Wow is that the best you can come up with for what the IAM fought for? :lol:

It's only fair to compare what you had pre 4/1/ 1999 and after 4/1/1999. That was the original contract the IAM fought for, where we all were mainline employees.

What has happened after the fact is because of a BK judge and not Union negotiators..

Speaking of a "Pension", are you aware that they even beat the Mainline Express Employees out of a decent one? Instead of the $75 a month, they only get a mere
$37.50 for each year of service. So lets see here, $7 an hour less in wages, your pension cut in half, contract language that lets the company pretty well do as they please, and what did the IAM get us???

What did you have pre 1999 and especially what transpired in 1992 to Fleet and Customer Service?

FSA had up to 12% of income deposited into a 401k, before 2002 when the IAM agreed with the company to cut contributions to retirement up to 80%. And you wonder why FSA,s cant trust the IAM or company.

And the IAM REFUSED a two round Vacation Bidding System thus leaving FSA's, such as myself with 23 years of service, getting vacations in January and October. Thanks...........

Pre 1992 we had the Defined contribution plan, as did most of the employees. After that we had the 410K with a max of 2% Company match. Needless to say, both of these were far better than the IAM fund is today. Also the CWA represented kept thier 401K plan unlike the IAM-FSA group. Outside of your world, you will have to look long and hard to find anyone pleased with the IAM-FSA treatment over the past 3 years. The Grocer's Union would do more fighting for us than the IAM has done!! The IAM has NEVER had the voice of anyone on thier negotiating team from a Small or Mid-Size Station. It has been the Fella's from the Hubs and large stations looking after themselves, while they Screwed the other members to death in the Out Stations.

Amen to that Wings!
"Do you have a grievance procedure?"
Well, I'm told we have a procedure. I don't know of any grievances that have gone beyond our AGC. Don't know of any that have really been "fought and won" If anyone in F/S know of any....share em! :up:
I'll still have to admit, that I THINK I am better off having them than I would be without them.