2 class , 3 class flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Does anyone have any guess or information as to what cities other than LHR will be flying 3 class.
I guess for Miami only LHR, for europe. MAD and CDG probley are not going to make the cut for 3 class. I hope that at least 1 GIG will fly with the 777. As well as both GRU''s.

Reactions: 1 person
I know that Narita flights will maintain 3 class service. CDG and FRA out of Dallas are currently on 777's. GRU is going back to a 767 and SCL will not be upgraded to 777 for the high season out of DFW.

Does anyone know which markets will be the first to see two class aircraft on their routes?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 3:42:07 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Does anyone have any guess or information as to what cities other than LHR will be flying 3 class.

I guess for Miami only LHR, for europe. MAD and CDG probley are not going to make the cut for 3 class. I hope that at least 1 GIG will fly with the 777. As well as both GRU's.
----------------
[/blockquote]

MIA-MAD is a huge business route, I would not be surprised to see MAD make the cut. MIA-CDG is not a business route, but yields are excellent because of the French jet set that travel between thier Miami and French homes (and the fact that Miami's French immigrant community, third largest in the US, is loaded with cash). However, they travel Air France, not American, so that will probably stay a 763, at least for now. Both GRUs and both EZEs will likely become 777s, IMO. I think GIG will also see a 777. Hopefully we will finally see a fourth European destinations because the new HD 767 layout makes more destinations possible at a profit.

On a side note, don't know if anyone saw, but the second-daily MIA-LHR was upgraded to a 777 before it started. However, MIA-SCL and MIA-LAX loose thier 777s at the end of August. SCL is probably loosing it because LanChile is going back to double-daily, though still no word on if AA will run the seasonal second daily to SCL like in the past. Chile is still one of the stronger Latin markets, along with Ecuador and the Dominican Republic.

Also, I know I am going off topic here, but new compieition to Punta Cana and San Jose (CR), from, of all airlines, USAirways!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/7/2002 4:44:02 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Madrid can't cut it. There are to many upgrades and not ehough higher fares. The plane is always full. But the yeilds stink.
----------------
[/blockquote]

That's too bad, I was always under the understanding that MIA-MAD was good with yields because of how big of a business market Miami to Madrid is. I know Iberia makes boatloads of money on it, and I'd figure the smart businessman would know to avoid Iberia (although thier first cla(ss) service is really not that bad. I especially like how only eight seats occupy the second floor of thier 747s). But yields can't be that bad, can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.