BOS-LHR downgraded to 757

You poor, poor, wittle baby. If you don't like the way AA does things, why not fly on another airline and quit your incessant whining? Are you really so stupid as to think anyone here can do a thing about your supposed discomfort? Are you really so silly to think this group would do anything to help you out even if we could?

Are you really a high school brat that's bored with sending suggestive messages to your teacher?

Go away, troll.
ROTFLMAO.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why you guys continue to engage Josh is beyond me... My ten year old has more of a clue as to how airlines work.

Well stay tuned. Labor has failed many times in the past, Patco, the 2002-2005 Airline BK scam, the rape of the UAW, but now the very existance of collective bargaining is being threatened.

Oh, please... The only thing I've seen being limited is the ability of government employees to collective bargain. Just as with the Arizona immigration law, it looks to me like Wisconsin is looking to codify the same terms & conditions that the Federal government has with its workers.

Why you guys continue to engage Josh is beyond me... My ten year old has more of a clue as to how airlines work.

I was thinking my Yellow Lab has more of a clue.

I have a vision of some mental midget stewing in his venom on a 8:15 flight because he thinks some scumbag pilot upgraded his Walmart cashier D3 squeeze into the seat next to the crew rest seat when in fact, on certain agreed to daytime flights, AA is allowed to sell the seat next to it

As an aside, the ex-TWA 757s leased by DL had nice new interiors installed, but I don't think their BE seats are flat beds. Doesn't DL fly those on the JFK transcons now as well as some shorter Europe routes?

You are correct. The ex-TWA birds do not have lie flat beds in C with DL.

With DL dumping all of that extra capacity in the market, I wonder if AA is being sly as a fox...
... or the begining of a spiral where AA becomes a joke across the pond (sort of like US). It is kind of pathetic that AA has to resort to flying 757s to LHR, of all places. It's freakin' LHR, not some secondary EU city, a hub for 1-world carriers. If AA is flying 757's BOS to LHR while everybody else has widebody service, it is more likely a sign that they can't compete, rather than that they are as sly as a fox. IMHO ofcourse.

CO has used 757s to LHR for quite some time so I'm not quite sure why there is such surprise now that AA is doing it. Given that AA is operating multiple 757 frequencies in the same market, it would appear that the primary intent is to sit on slots rather than operate them where they are most needed - esp. since a 757 on BOS-LHR is the cheapest way to operate a TATL flight.

Apparently, the divestiture of 3 pairs of slots to DL did not force AA/BA to make the best use of their remaining slots.

Remember that AA/BA operate their LHR service under a joint venture so what BA gets in revenue will be shared w/ AA. The bigger question is why BA wants to have a US partner in a market that is operating service at levels that are well below what AA operates in most LHR markets and what BA operates on its entire TATL network.

Of course it also only reinforces the notion that AA was simply going to piggyback on its alliance partners and would not effectively compete with its own metal which is exactly what AA labor unions feared would happen if JVs were implemented.

Reactions: 1 person
Well stay tuned. Labor has failed many times in the past, Patco, the 2002-2005 Airline BK scam, the rape of the UAW, but now the very existance of collective bargaining is being threatened. Sure our leaders have let us down many times in the past but now they have something at stake as well, we may fight each other but we both will fight you because we know for sure where you stand. You may very well see this country's first ever "General Strike" in the not too distant future.

By 2002-2005 Airline BK scam are you referring to the concessions workers and their collective bargaining agents offered so the airlines could remain solvent and workers could retain their jobs?

By rape of the UAW surely you are referring to the fact that UAW and the UAW health trust were paid before secured creditors and also received equity and board seats of the "new GM"?

When you have your first general strike, many union workers will be replaced.

Sure you may say our numbers are low but look at where we are. The Seaports, Airports, Train Stations, Bus Depots, Subway Stations and truck stops. ALL UNIONIZED. Most require specialized skills that are not readily available. Even Deltas Pilots and Dispatchers are union. Despite our low numbers we can stop the economy cold.

In all these industries our rights have been compromised, whether its the RLA, the Taylor Law or any of the other laws we've seen over the years where our rights are restricted, in Wisconson we can see what the next step will be for the rest of us if we dont act.

We often hear that we should be thankful of the way we are treated compared to workers in India, well maybe the executives are the ones who should be thankful and take heed in their desire to grind us down to their level, they may not like the outcome.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/04/501364/main20039293.shtmlhttp://feeds.cbsnews.com/~r/CBSNewsStory/~3/ZoSXCeh-bbU/main20039293.shtml

Bob, the above laws that you mention are not intended to curb workers rights but rather to minimize the disruption to the general public and state commerce. The Taylor Law fines workers two days of pay per day they strike to discourage lengthy industrial action. It's also a way for government agencies such as the MTA to cut their losses in the event of a strike.

I'm not denying that a strike of the transportation sector would have serious implications and repercussions but you must realize through videoconferencing, webinars, and other communication the impact of such a strike wouldn't be nearly as far reaching as you'd like to think. As another example, banks used to clear checks by sending them directly to the drawee bank whereas now they are cleared electronically using an image of the check. Your ranks are much smaller and through divisions within organized labor and the threat of outsourcing or closing business units, workers are less willing to strike in this environment. Instilling fear and division are among the best ways to compromise and undermine a unions strength.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
By 2002-2005 Airline BK scam are you referring to the concessions workers and their collective bargaining agents offered so the airlines could remain solvent and workers could retain their jobs?

Josh

Offered? Are you serious? No one offered concessions, we all had a gun held to our head, and in the US case the judge FORCED concessions on us as an emergency motion, in paycuts.

Also in US' second bankruptcy, the Mechanic and Related we had our contract abrogated, we never agreed and had one imposed.

While the executives got bonuses and big payouts to leave.

Once again your ignorance shows, stick to something you actually know.

Apparently, the divestiture of 3 pairs of slots to DL did not force AA/BA to make the best use of their remaining slots.

AA's 763 seats 30+195

AA's 75R seats 16+166

It's a difference of 43 seats -- 14 in J and 29 in Y. Did you ever consider that this was actually the right size aircraft, especially after all that BS you were espousing a few weeks ago about widebody "rightsizing"?....

I also have it on fairly good authority that DL has no desire to operate the BOS or MIA service. AFKL forced their hand on that, and the JV is going to eat the losses.

Of course it also only reinforces the notion that AA was simply going to piggyback on its alliance partners and would not effectively compete with its own metal which is exactly what AA labor unions feared would happen if JVs were implemented.

You're starting to sound like Josh now.

AA's 763 seats 30+195

AA's 75R seats 16+166

It's a difference of 43 seats -- 14 in J and 29 in Y. Did you ever consider that this was actually the right size aircraft, especially after all that BS you were espousing a few weeks ago about widebody "rightsizing"?....
given that the difference in seats multiplied by 3 flts is 75% of the capacity of one 757, the argument gets a little thin about right sizing. I have no problem with arguing for right-sizing if it didn't also mean pulling out more than half of the capacity of a 757 - all in the apparent name of keeping the slots operating.

What is more telling is not the actual total capacity reduction but that AA is pulling out 50% of the business class seats and what is going are the higher quality 767 product. It speaks quite loudly about AA's desire to compete in the market by leaving so few business class seats - ones that are the lowest qualtiy seat in AA's fleet - up against DL's lie flat product.

I also have it on fairly good authority that DL has no desire to operate the BOS or MIA service. AFKL forced their hand on that, and the JV is going to eat the losses.
I won't pretend that alliance dynamics are perfect but your information is shall we say "partly cloudy".

DL is not interested in flying BOS-LHR 2X/day but AF does want them to take all they can get.... you might be also interested in knowing that DL didn't want AF flying LAX-LHR believing it should be done on DL metal from DL's terminal where DL could connect passengers. DL was right on that charge.

Of course you want to believe that DL doesn't really want to offer these new LHR flights as if it somehow helps AA.
Yes, the JV will eat the losses that might occur - but bookings appear to be coming along nicely helped by the introductory fares that DL is offering.

But again, what does the internal politics have to do w/ AA? DL/AF is going to provide the flight which means that AA is being put in the crosshairs... whether AF or DL is making the decision to add the flight is far less signficant for AA than the fact that the routes will operate and it will come at AA's expense.

Also, AF cannot tell DL to operate LGA-ORD or JFK-MIA but DL has added those routes and others which are doing quite welll. DL and AF are both quite interested in hitting AA on their soft underbelly. The difference is merely that DL is more conservative financially than AF on throwing capacity that might take time to materialize.

What is more telling is not the actual total capacity reduction but that AA is pulling out 50% of the business class seats and what is going are the higher quality 767 product. It speaks quite loudly about AA's desire to compete in the market by leaving so few business class seats - ones that are the lowest qualtiy seat in AA's fleet - up against DL's lie flat product.

Would you be so kind as to explain why, in your opinion, the 75L biz seats are the "lowest quality seat in AA's fleet"?

In my view, they're vastly superior to the 763 biz seat because they're wider, they feature 110v power plugs and they feature built-in IFE. The 763 biz seat's only advantage are the DG pairs where everyone has direct aisle access.