2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
exB717Flyer said:
The fact that you attempt to deride our Merger Committee members warms my heart.

And as for your prognostications about what we'll "learn" if we win the preliminary arbitration -- well, let's just recall that after the Addington 1 trial was overturned y'all pontificated that it was as if it never happened.  So here we are, on the cusp of pleading our case without interference from the carcass of USAPA.  And you still think the Nic is dead?  And you know what:  the APA actually had Nicolau on their list for the SLI.  Guess he ain't too old or senile yet.
Pretty quiet today.

I think they are at their Kiawanis Club meeting. They'll be back when it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Reactions: 1 person
exB717Flyer said:
The fact that you attempt to deride our Merger Committee members warms my heart.

And as for your prognostications about what we'll "learn" if we win the preliminary arbitration -- well, let's just recall that after the Addington 1 trial was overturned y'all pontificated that it was as if it never happened.  So here we are, on the cusp of pleading our case without interference from the carcass of USAPA.  And you still think the Nic is dead?  And you know what:  the APA actually had Nicolau on their list for the SLI.  Guess he ain't too old or senile yet.
Ask Marty to tell you the truth about "status quo".

Phoenix said:
Ask Marty to tell you the truth about "status quo".
Nah, I'll just make another donation to Leonidas.  Oh, and don't forget we have Jeff Freund on our team.  Who's your expert RLA attorney again?  I hear Lee $eham is available.

CactusPilot1 said:
Did you miss this part?
"Finally, USAPA must not ignore that Judge Silver also ruled that “when USAPA is no longer the certified representative, it must immediately stop participating in the seniority integration.” Id. at 21:11-to 21:12. We are confident that neither APA nor New American will assist USAPA in violating a court order or otherwise breaching its duty of fair representation to the West Pilots."
Why are you dragging us into a fight with the APA when there is none? The APA should be more concerned by a decertified "anti-union" interfering with it's business and they should beat Ucrapa LLC to a pulp.
Nicok
Nutjob
So everyone appears to have disregarded her "ruling" then
Or haven't you noticed??
You are a moron and worth no more time!
Nicdoa
Npjb

exB717Flyer said:
Nah, I'll just make another donation to Leonidas.  Oh, and don't forget we have Jeff Freund on our team.  Who's your expert RLA attorney again?  I hear Lee $eham is available.

Close your eyes, and plug your ears... then donate with the enthusiasm of a four year old on Christmas eve.  Its your money and you are in good standing.... Donations in the blind are common out West.

When this is over (it will never be over for many Westies) remember that TWA won against ALPA because ALPA didn't protect the status quo when dealing with APA.  

By accepting Preliminary Arbitration in the hope of getting legal recognition for the so-called West Merger Committee, AOL has effectively scuttled their entire legal strategy (paltry as it was) in any DFR.  And worse, they have acknowledged that if they should win, their new Merger Committee will be deemed to have already sworn allegiance to the legitimacy and fairness of the Status Quo. as contractually defined by USAPA, APA, and the company.  

If you really are a former TWA pilot (and I don't doubt it) then you of all pilots out West should understand the relevance of the "status quo".  

Phoenix said:
If you really are a former TWA pilot (and I don't doubt it) then you of all pilots out West should understand the relevance of the "status quo".  
Wow, thanks for the legal advice.  I'll make sure our lawyers know about the Eastie with all the answers.

And BTW, as a former TWA pilot I know all about pilot groups boosting their careers on the backs of others.  Your reputation precedes you.  Still feeling lucky?

Reactions: 4 people
exB717Flyer said:
Wow, thanks for the legal advice.  I'll make sure our lawyers know about the Eastie with all the answers.

And BTW, as a former TWA pilot I know all about pilot groups boosting their careers on the backs of others.  Your reputation precedes you.  Still feeling lucky?

"Status quo" isn't legal advice.  Its merely a legal term. 

If the West gets a Merger Committee from the Preliminary Arbitration, ask Marty if the status quo defined in the Protocol Agreement has any affect/effect on the merger committees, including the West Committee.    

exB717Flyer said:
And you know what:  the APA actually had Nicolau on their list for the SLI.  Guess he ain't too old or senile yet.

I'm not sure if this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it. But if they did, I'm sure it was for political cover. They probably knew 100% that if he was there, he would be stricken. So why not say "hey, we even tried to get the man himself?" 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts