2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE US AIRWAYS – AMERICA WEST MERGER
A. Overview of the Merger Agreement.
On May 19, 2005, Group entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger with America West, as
amended, which is attached as Exhibit M to the Plan. The Merger Agreement provides, subject to Plan
approval, for a merger transaction pursuant to which America West will merge with Barbell Acquisition
Corp. (“Barbell”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Group, and New Common Stock will be distributed to
America West’s shareholders, with the result of the Merger being that America West will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Reorganized Group.

Reactions: 2 people
Claxon said:

MEC NewsDirect

January 31, 2008

A AAA/AWA Joint Chairman's message has been emailed to pilots and posted
under What's New. The text of the letter is below:

AAA-AWA MEC Joint Chairman’s Message

January 31, 2008

Fellow America West and US Airways pilots,

Today, the AAA and AWA Steering Committees and their respective merger and
negotiating teams will begin talks about the issues separating our pilot groups in
order to produce a comprehensive contract counterproposal for both MECs to
review. As we have said in the past, any comprehensive proposal must adequately
address seniority implementation issues and all open JNC issues for both pilot
groups.

The Steering Committees are meeting at a neutral site, and to give this process
the best chance for success, both sides have agreed to a communications blackout
during this time. As a result of this policy, our pilots should understand that any
hearsay information floating around is unsubstantiated, and should be treated as
rumor only.

If the AAA and AWA Steering Committees are able to successfully produce a
comprehensive contract counterproposal, it will first be reviewed by both MECs. If
both MECs approve the final product, JNC negotiations would resume with
management as we counter the infamous “Kirby proposal” that we received on
May 8, 2007.

If a TA is achieved through joint negotiations and is subsequently approved by
both MECs it will be sent to each pilot group for ratification. The rank and file
members of this union will be the ultimate arbiters of any agreement.

There is much at stake here for both pilot groups. None of your union volunteers
takes the challenges ahead of us lightly. Your MEC leadership and the Steering
Committees all appreciate your patience while we work through these very
difficult issues.

Fraternally,

Captain Jack Stephan
Chairman, AAA MEC

Captain John McIlvenna
Chairman, AWA MEC

Follow the three-prong approach, and fly safe

The west was against the "Kirby" except in addington 1 and 2 court documents.

Reactions: 2 people
Claxon said:
The west was against the "Kirby" except in addington 1 and 2 court documents.
Spinthis and Jurik are not going to like this. The truth hurts.
The sand dwellers will be locked in PHX for years to come. And they could have had the Nic.

Reactions: 1 person
luvthe9 said:
Spinthis and Jurik are not going to like this. The truth hurts.
The sand dwellers will be locked in PHX for years to come. And they could have had the Nic.
You know what's even funnier??...you and Claxon's nonsense. Head over to the AA forums/CR for Claxon's Reality check. Kilo Victor already got nailed to the wall.

CactusPilot1 said:
You know what's even funnier??...you and Claxon's nonsense. Head over to the AA forums/CR for Claxon's Reality check. Kilo Victor already got nailed to the wall.
Dispel one of my posts today.  I dare your.

CactusPilot1 said:
You dare me? You make me laugh. Sure, kid. Stick a pacifier in it.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Is AOL still resolutely committed to Nic or Nothing, or are there indications that they are softening on that and considering negotiating to work something out?  

You seem more personable that usual lately.  

Phoenix said:
Is AOL still resolutely committed to Nic or Nothing, or are there indications that they are softening on that and considering negotiating to work something out?  

You seem more personable that usual lately.
I'm like what I am reading on the AA forums which is bad news for those who try to avoid Nic at all costs. I'm in a great mood. Thanks for noticing.

A nAAtive's response about the Nic:
Paul,

The West did not ASK for the Nic! You did!!!

IF you had of come off the mantra DOH when the arbitrator asked you too, nothing of this would be of consequence. You were given multiple times to negotiate. Instead you chose to dictate. It back-fired and you lost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now you expect thinking pilots to side with you when all you still talk about is....DOH?

Never has a merger of seniority lists been straight DOH. Some were worse, but never just DOH.

Your leaders have been leading you down a very slippery slope and costing you thousands of dollars. Why?

Start looking at the facts and results of your actions.

Reactions: 7 people
CactusPilot1 said:
I'm like what I am reading on the AA forums which is bad news for those who try to avoid Nic at all costs. I'm in a great mood. Thanks for noticing.

Paul,

IF you had of come off the mantra DOH when the arbitrator asked you too, nothing of this would be of consequence. You were given multiple times to negotiate. Instead you chose to dictate. It back-fired and you lost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now you expect thinking pilots to side with you when all you still talk about is....DOH?

Never has a merger of seniority lists been straight DOH. Some were worse, but never just DOH.

Your leaders have been leading you down a very slippery slope and costing you thousands of dollars. Why?

Is that the nAAtive that was called out for being hired by AWA while on furlough from AA?  :D

CactusPilot1 said:

Paul,

While you fear the idea of having to earn your position, I too am very doubtful it will be just straight doh.

CactusPilot1 said:
Nope....
Jimmy Walton
DFW/CA/737/DOM
Emp: 017745
Sen: 1801
I don't see him on our seniority listhttp://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/The_Unofficial_Revised_Nicolau_9-1-2014.pdf
He is just one pilot with one opinion. It happens to support your stance. So what. The vast majority of the LAA pilots have been more inclined to read, learn and ask questions. Nobody is nailing me to the wall. Stop exaggerating. Compared to some days at the Hangar, C&R is quite refreshing. No one has yet resorted to calling me scab, scum, thief, or the litany of slurs thrown my way by some in your group.

I know one thing, it's obvious the west contingent wish I was not there. Just trying to make sure an east perspective was well represented :)

Vlad the Destroyer

Reactions: 3 people
Piedmont1984 said:
He is just one pilot with one opinion. It happens to support your stance. So what. The vast majority of the LAA pilots have been more inclined to read, learn and ask questions. Nobody is nailing me to the wall. Stop exaggerating. Compared to some days at the Hangar, C&R is quite refreshing. No one has yet resorted to calling me scab, scum, thief, or the litany of slurs thrown my way by some in your group.

I know one thing, it's obvious the west contingent wish I was not there. Just trying to make sure an east perspective was well represented :)

Vlad the Destroyer

Agreed... The West really seemed to come out strong the other day. But tapered off a little yesterday. Haven't been on there yet today. I think the majority of East pilots are not used to a message board being available, so it may take a little more time to get more participation... I'm trying to help ya though... lol

CactusPilot1 said:
Really, He should get his facts straight. Does he hope by stating that, people will believe him?

AWE Dog said:
Really, He should get his facts straight. Does he hope by stating that, people will believe him?
So you're holding out hope that you'll be awarded a DOH list with EITHER AWA or AMR pilots because of one tiny merger 35 years ago?

Write this down: No way in hell you're getting it with EITHER GROUP DESPITE what is written in the EXPIRED C&BL of the failed former bargaining agent. It's always been a fantasy.

Look for Nic adjusted for the failed jihad, then relative with fences off of AMR wide bodies...NO FENCES off USairways amongst all the US air pilots.

I fully understand that your group is stupid enough to believe the AMW merger never happened, unfortunately for you, your group is alone in that belief.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.