222 Reserve F/a's Out Sick

PineyBob said:
When I'm ready to I will.

Personaly speaking I hope you are stranded and miss your holiday celebrations since you co-workers have caused so many of the people you seem to forget actually pay your salaries to miss their celebrations. Perhaps if you spend the day explaining to YOUR friends and loved ones why you can't be there, you will gain a fuller appreciation of exactly who pays you.

They are called CUSTOMERS! Perhaps you've heard of them, they sit in the seats on the big airplanes and sometimes they pay $800+ to be a on a specific flight to attend a once in a lifetime event.

Keep on screwing the customers and your precious C.H.A.O.S Flyers & Ribbons Along with the CBA will be about as usefull as Charmin and not nearly as soft when you use it.

I had a lovely flight home today with one of the nicest most attentive and professional flight crews I have even riden with.
[post="231734"][/post]​

Hey Bob,

HELLO!! There is NO CHAOS action. There are no ribbons. Easy on the eggnog, fella. The only chaos is the mismanagement of 16 years. Yes, it was wrong for those to call off just because, but you are turning into the Mr. Hyde here. And as far as other groups threatening the f/a's don't throw stones at our group until you take a look at some of your own actions..increasingly rude res agents, no mechanics to bring in the a/c, utility too stupid to put paper towels and tp on the plane, rude agents. If I were to start beating up on groups, the list would go on and on.

Are you home, Bob? Then what the hell difference does it make to you? Are you THAT addicted to this company? While I appreciate your business and concern, it's Christmas, for God's sake. Take a break from it. ;)

700UW said:
Very well said Bear.

Bob is way out of line.
[post="231803"][/post]​

Oh, and BTW, many of us DID call scheduling to help out. I bet there will be no press on THAT.

I was ready to leave my "legal" time off to come on to CLT last night and there were very few trips not covered as per scheduling. When I called this morning and upon my arrival to CLT, they were covered. My check in is at 1710 and was more than happy to help out. So PLEASE, don't paint all f/a's as being on some CHAOS (the mention is too funny for word) work stop action. People have had it, Bob, and maybe this WILL be a lesson that a HUGE amount of people have had it. It's easy to say just quit, but that will NOT take care of the poor employee relations. When you spew over and over the words LIQUIDATE, most probably feel like, screw it, liquidate it already. I mean, that's ALL they talk about, so do it. Thank God I have a Plan B. Anyone with a brain DOES.

But I'll still be nice to you, but lay off the 'nog. :lol:

1st,

your comments about mechanics, calling res agents and csa rude and calling utility stupid are acts just as bad as Bob's.

I can say things about FAs that won't portray your group in a good light either. But I won't stoop that low.

You really need not to bash other groups until you walk a mile in their shoes. It is about working together and not bashing each other.

700UW said:
1st,

your comments about mechanics, calling res agents and csa rude and calling utility stupid are acts just as bad as Bob's.

I can say things about FAs that won't portray your group in a good light either. But I won't stoop that low.

You really need not to bash other groups until you walk a mile in their shoes. It is about working together and not bashing each other.
[post="231865"][/post]​

I was using that as an example of the FEW who are that way. My aplogize if it came out wrong. All labor groups have their bad apples. It appears that the entire bundle of apples with regards to the f/a's are being bashed and beaten today. I am fully aware of the majority of all groups that do an excellent job.

In a related area, I checked the CLT reserve f/a screen for tomorrow. It has 42 reserves sick. There is no excuse for this considering that 90% barely have 10 or 20 hours of flying...IF that. I guess per diem money means nothing. I don't want to hear anymore whining about not getting time in.

PineyBob said:
Perhaps an apology is in order to Jenny Ann.

The most interesting part was every single F/A on board had on the spiffy little green & white CHAOS ribbons on.

[post="231893"][/post]​

Bob,
I do not for the life of me know where those ribbons are coming from. I haven't seen them around. The only time they should be worn is if told to by AFA. Now I try to keep up the best I can and maybe I missed that e-line, but there has been no official mandate out there to wear green ribbons, so if anyone IS wearing them it is out of defiance.

As for JennyAnn, hey, we all get heated. At least you apologized. One poster ticked me off so much my entire post was deleted. Oh well, I felt better though. :lol: :)

PineyBob said:
Perhaps an apology is in order to Jenny Ann.

BUT I will tell you that I found out about the situation in PHL from a F/A that knew me who was so pissed they could spit nails.

When I flew home from AMS the entire group was upset about what "their Customers" would face when they reached PHL. The most interesting part was every single F/A on board had on the spiffy little green & white CHAOS ribbons on.

Even more interesting was their attitude. Better service I've yet to encounter. Looking back on the many postive encounters I've had over the years this groups stands out as the absolute best. Bright, cheerful, professional and prompt all the while knowing what their customers were about to face upon arrival to PHL.

When I observe such professionalism contrasted to what APPEARS to the mirror image of professionalism on the part of a certain workgroup and then am told to shut up, PARDON ME! But I get pissed. Customers are the reason I have a job and they're the reason we all have jobs.

Jenny Ann I am sorry for jumping down your throat so personally, but I do not respond well to threats or being told to "Shut Up". When you lose your focus on the customer then you lose me as a supporter. If you're upset I suggest you direct your anger at the 222 who chose NOT to do as you did and that is remain focused on the customer. They are in the process of taking food from your table not mine. If you're as focused on the customer as you say you are then we have no disagreement.
[post="231893"][/post]​
Ya know Bob I am only responsible for the job that I do. The other"222" who chose NOT to do thier jobs is on their heads.
I so DONT need you telling we how to treat my customers since you do not know me and have no first hand info.
This week was a disaster I admit....The only reason I wasnt helping out more was a 35hrs in 7 days issue. (FAR legalities)
By the way Bob I've been flying for 18 yrs and am not on reserve. Good 'ol Piedmont Airlines instillled "customer satisfaction" in all of us.
Please dont lump all of the F/As together when you looking for a reason for this messy week. And if you're nice to me you may get a lime in that Gin & Tonic of yours. Apology accepted.