222 Reserve F/a's Out Sick

TheLazarusman said:
Are you fu@king kidding me? Are you listening to the vile crap you're spewing? What makes you any less deserving of punishment than the men and women you're directing your scathing comments at? You cannot tell me you're going to punish the all for what the few did. If they did play hookey, then fire their a$$e$; but don't make generalizations about them all. It makes you no better than the guilty ones. :down:
And for those of you who did show up today, many of you for the fifth,sixth, or seventh day in a row, this ramp rat would like to say thank you and God Bless to you and your families this holiday season. :up:
The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW
[post="231733"][/post]​
Thank You.......You all have worked hard as well and we appreciate it as do the passengers!!!! Happy Holidays :)

PineyBob said:
When I'm ready to I will.

Personaly speaking I hope you are stranded and miss your holiday celebrations since you co-workers have caused so many of the people you seem to forget actually pay your salaries to miss their celebrations. Perhaps if you spend the day explaining to YOUR friends and loved ones why you can't be there, you will gain a fuller appreciation of exactly who pays you.

They are called CUSTOMERS! Perhaps you've heard of them, they sit in the seats on the big airplanes and sometimes they pay $800+ to be a on a specific flight to attend a once in a lifetime event.

Keep on screwing the customers and your precious C.H.A.O.S Flyers & Ribbons Along with the CBA will be about as usefull as Charmin and not nearly as soft when you use it.

I had a lovely flight home today with one of the nicest most attentive and professional flight crews I have even riden with.
[post="231734"][/post]​
Listen you idiot.......I personally waited hand and foot on all of my passengers for the last 7 days. Retrieving wheel chairs, sitting and waiting for a gate in PHL for 3 hrs, holding the hands of crying and upset people and reassuring them....etc
And just so you know you ASS....I'm finally home and with my wonderful family even though you dont think I deserve to be......I'm sick of you and your stupid roach movement.....F off

Jennyann said:
Listen you idiot.......I personally waited hand and foot on all of my passengers for the last 7 days. Retrieving wheel chairs, sitting and waiting for a gate in PHL for 3 hrs, holding the hands of crying and upset people and reassuring them....etc
And just so you know you ASS....I'm finally home and with my wonderful family even though you dont think I deserve to be......I'm sick of you and your stupid roach movement.....F off
[post="231740"][/post]​

Tell Us how you really feel!!!!!! ouch .... I SMELL A FIGHT!!!!!

BTW Just a thanks to those that worked the past 2 days... I went in for 8 hours of OT and it was BAD but hey i survived and still had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jennyann said:
Hey BOB...........................SHUT UP
[post="231731"][/post]​

PineyBob said:
When I'm ready to I will.

Personaly speaking I hope you are stranded and miss your holiday celebrations since you co-workers have caused so many of the people you seem to forget actually pay your salaries to miss their celebrations. Perhaps if you spend the day explaining to YOUR friends and loved ones why you can't be there, you will gain a fuller appreciation of exactly who pays you.

They are called CUSTOMERS! Perhaps you've heard of them, they sit in the seats on the big airplanes and sometimes they pay $800+ to be a on a specific flight to attend a once in a lifetime event.

Keep on screwing the customers and your precious C.H.A.O.S Flyers & Ribbons Along with the CBA will be about as usefull as Charmin and not nearly as soft when you use it.

I had a lovely flight home today with one of the nicest most attentive and professional flight crews I have even riden with.
[post="231734"][/post]​

Gee Bob, you're no better than Station Rat. You want to pi$$ on Jennyann for what her fellow F/A's did; not what she did. As she stated in her previous posts, I think she did her part for the customers the past seven days. I think she DOES know who pays her salary. I normally enjoy the insight in your threads PB; but I'm gonna have to let you fly solo on this one. I'm backing Jenny! :up:

So you're going to personally insult me for the irresponsibility of others??
Do you know how many sick calls I've had?
Do you know how many hours I fly?? Sorry Bob, You are way out of line!

They had a 4% rate of sick calls, that is not high.

Bob, Chiames send you an X-Mas present to keep spewing your garbage?

700UW said:

Bob, Chiames send you an X-Mas present to keep spewing your garbage?
[post="231796"][/post]​
god, it has been blissfully quiet for the last week or so...maybe we should give Bob 1,000,000 free miles on the condition that he can't post while away. What a treat the last little bit has been. Now we have the mouth moving who hasn't a clue back to bother us. Oy vey!

PineyBob said:
If you choose to blindly defend the statements and actions of others in your workgroup that are detrimental to the customer ...
[post="231746"][/post]​

When did she do that? Are we reading the same thread? All she did was say she has been working the last seven days and so shouldn't be lumped into those who have called out sick, and souldn't be "punished" by a CSR vigilante threatening to not let her board her flight to pass ride home.

The point was and remains that YOU not me are part of a workgroup that is a blatant abuser of sick time policy.
If she is not abusing sick time policy, that is the extent of her responsibility. How is she supposed to influence others? She is their co-worker, not a supervisor or spiritual advisor. Management-- who gets paid more than F/As to manage-- is apparently unable to convince people not to abuse their sick time. So your reaction is to blame a flight attendant, whose job is to be a flight attendant (and which apparently she is doing) for her co-workers' sick time? Bizarre.

And anyways, you seem to have the inside connection to the big U muckety-mucks. So it seems to me that you would have more opportunity to influence things than a line F/A. So I guess by the same logic you are using towards her, you are responsible for this weekend's problems as well. Right?

You are way out of line here. I think you owe Jennyann an apology. She did nothing to deserve your nasty postings to her. She came to work, did her job, and gets jumped on by you for no good reason. Merry Christmas.

700UW said:
[post="231796"][/post]​

I have no dog in this hunt; so, I was going to keep quiet, but I'm at my limit of patience.

As 700 has pointed out, the sick rate for the f/as was about 4%. Here at AA, we had almost 2000 on sick call for the holiday. That's about 10% of the total active f/as!!!! And, we operated. Yes, we had a few cancelled flights and quite a few that were delayed.

I was through DFW on the night of the 22nd following the "ice storm" in Dallas...it was a madhouse. But, as far as I know we got our passengers to their destinations with "most" of their bags (hey, don't want to be perfect. There would be nothing left to strive for). :lol: I am on reserve this month. I worked a "revenue protection" sequence on the 22nd. We flew from STL to OMA (not a route we serve) to pick up passengers from a cancelled OMA-DFW flight. Took them to DFW along with about 50 passengers from a cancelled STL-DFW flight. We picked up some passengers at DFW from a cancelled DFW-STL flight and brought them to STL. We got back to STL about 1 hour later than we were scheduled because of the problems at DFW, but we got back.

I do not believe that the holiday problems of US Airways can be honestly attributed to f/a sick calls.

jimntx said:
I have no dog in this hunt; so, I was going to keep quiet, but I'm at my limit of patience.

As 700 has pointed out, the sick rate for the f/as was about 4%. Here at AA, we had almost 2000 on sick call for the holiday. That's about 10% of the total active f/as!!!! And, we operated.
Yes, we had a few cancelled flights and quite a few that were delayed.

I do not believe that the holiday problems of US Airways can be honestly attributed to f/a sick calls.
[post="231804"][/post]​
Hey PITMTC,

How does the egg on your face look and how does the crow taste?

Bob,

I do not condone anyone calling in sick when not sick and screwing up thousands of passengers.

But on Thursday my son's half-sister flew threw to go on a flight to ALB to see her Dad. So my son and I went to see her.

Her plane was here in CLT all ready and so was the crew, the crew unfortunatly had to fly from CLT-RDU-CLT before changing planes to go to ALB. The plane they were flying from RDU-CLT was going to PBI after it got to CLT. The crew for the PBI flight was here but no plane.

So the 6:35PM departure for ALB did not leave till 9:35PM because of the crew not being here, but yet the crew for the PBI flight was here and they left after 9PM because they had no plane. The ALB plane sat at the gate for almost 4 hours because of no crew.

So several flight were impacted and delayed because of that situation.

This scenario was rampant all over CLT because of the storms up north.

Years back PI and I believe US kept the crews with the planes all day as much as possible. If US did this now, there would have been less delayed and cancelled flights.

It takes leadership to be proactive instead of reactive, US with it operations mostly on the East Coast with its winters should have known this problem can happen anytime and anyplace. It has happened numerous times and still nothing changes.

Until you have leaders that want to run an airline, be proactive and work with the employees instead of taking from them, this place is a recipe for failure.

AA had ice storms in DFW, you don't see their problems all over the news, why? Because their management was proactive in taking the situation head on to cause the least amount of disruption to their system. US could take a lesson from them on this one.

"Personaly speaking I hope you are stranded and miss your holiday celebrations since you co-workers have caused so many of the people you seem to forget actually pay your salaries to miss their celebrations. Perhaps if you spend the day explaining to YOUR friends and loved ones why you can't be there, you will gain a fuller appreciation of exactly who pays you."

Bob:

You owe Jenni a big, big apology. You were so far out of line that it defies belief.

Gee Bob, why did you have to go an get all over jenny's case? You are just plain rude.. you owe jenny a big forgive me for being such an asshat.