460 FA's Recalled

For your information, the person you called a vulture is simply a furloughed US Airways f/a who would like to work for American and was asking when AA might be hiring again.
That is no mitigation. In my no so humble opinion, it makes it that much worse that a fellow furloughed flight attendant who has unlimited recall rights at another airline is waiting with bated breath to benefit from the misfortune of the former TWA flight attendants.

Hmm. No worse than being a personal injury attorney...

And, for the record, is it really just the misfortune of former TWA flight attendants? I thought there were still a few AA hires underneath the most junior TW hires.

Hmm. No worse than being a personal injury attorney...

And, for the record, is it really just the misfortune of former TWA flight attendants? I thought there were still a few AA hires underneath the most junior TW hires.
I am not a personal injury lawyer so I will not respond to that snide remark other than expressing the hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones will ever suffer a tortious injury and need to resort to the services of such an attorney to obtain just compensation for your harm.

As far as the few probationary AA hires that were junior to most of the former TWA flight attendants (the probationary TWAers were at the very bottom of the list), I believe that they have already dropped off the recall list; but you are right, I should have mentioned them as well.

That is no mitigation. In my no so humble opinion, it makes it that much worse that a fellow furloughed flight attendant who has unlimited recall rights at another airline is waiting with bated breath to benefit from the misfortune of the former TWA flight attendants.

Oh, so now you are also a mind reader and you know someone else's thoughts, feelings and long-term plans from one post? You are way too smart for this board. You should be running the universe. (Or, maybe you are impugning to CTorM the actions and feelings you would have if the situation were reversed.)

As I said, there's been enough name-calling, bitterness, and baseless accusations to last more than a lifetime. It's time to welcome the recalled furloughees back and work toward getting the rest recalled.

Oh, so now you are also a mind reader and you know someone else's thoughts, feelings and long-term plans from one post?
It does not take a clairvoyant to read between the lines.

With people falling off the recall list so quickly, does anyone think AA will hire off the streets for FA anytime in the foreseeable future? When is the final date that people drop off the list?
I think AA is a great company and would like the opportunity to work there.

Still doesn't make him/her a vulture in anyone's eyes but yours. I repeat...the only way you could get that interpretation out of the quoted post is if that's what you would do if the situation were reversed. But, who does that make a vulture?

Still doesn't make him/her a vulture in anyone's eyes but yours. I repeat...the only way you could get that interpretation out of the quoted post is if that's what you would do if the situation were reversed. But, who does that make a vulture?

Dont waste your breath. Some people are always going to feel victimized no matter what you say. Moving on is hard for some.

I repeat...the only way you could get that interpretation out of the quoted post is if that's what you would do if the situation were reversed.
Sorry. I disagree with you. You cannot be any more wrong.

The person who inquired when the recall rights of the furloughed AA flight attendants expire also wrote that he or she would like to have an opportunity to fly for AA. How in the world can you interpret it any differently than I did, that he or she is intending to apply for a job at AA as soon as the last of the furloughees fall off the recall list?

:rolleyes:

And, did it ever occur to you that maybe they just didn't want to waste any time if it was going to be years until AA was hiring again. This person has been applying to several airlines.

If you read the posts on the US Airways board, maybe this person has seen the handwriting on the wall and realizes that going back to US Airways (if it ever happens) is not the smart thing to do.

But then, your mind is made up. Foolish of me to try to confuse you with facts.

Recalls & Retiree Medical

This is from the recent APFA hotline regarding retiree medical for recalls. Please spread the word.
Regards,
Patti

A reminder for our recalled members who reported to base in July: If
your prefunding payments were refunded when you were furloughed, you
have 90 days from the date you returned to AA payroll to return that
amount in order to pre-fund your retiree medical. Send your check for
the total amount to:

Employee Services
Attn: Mary Ann Johnson
PO Box 619616, MD 5141
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9619

If you are unsure of the amount refunded by the Company, contact JP
Morgan at 800.345.2345. If you fail to return this amount within 90
days and you later decide you want to enroll in the pre-funding plan,
you will be required to pay a re-enrollment fee and higher age-based
premiums, and you will be required to prefund for a minimum of 10
years in order to receive retiree medical.

I am not a personal injury lawyer so I will not respond to that snide remark other than expressing the hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones will ever suffer a tortious injury and need to resort to the services of such an attorney to obtain just compensation for your harm.

I guess he's just bitter that they wont pay much for paper cut claims.