460 FA's Recalled

Not necessarily. This is a stretch, but is within the realm of possibility. Remember that the APFA controls hardship transfers which do not have to follow seniority rules. It is possible that Dixie could be granted a hardship transfer to SLT.

I spoke to the APFA today on this. Dixie will no longer be SLT Chair if she returns to another base. The hardship could happen but, it will not be soon enough for her to be the SLT Chair.

Dixie Daniels does not deserve a hardship transfer just to remain SLT Chairperson. Hardship transfers are not meant for that purpose.

I am waiting on the ballots to arrive for negotiator. I don't know much about this Dixie Daniels, but based on what I have heard from several friends based at STL, I could not vote for her for negotiator.

Dixie Daniels does not deserve a hardship transfer just to remain SLT Chairperson. Hardship transfers are not meant for that purpose.

I am waiting on the ballots to arrive for negotiator. I don't know much about this Dixie Daniels, but based on what I have heard from several friends based at STL, I could not vote for her for negotiator.

Tim Hunter will become the new Base Chair. He is very qualified and will continue to be an excellent base representative. Dixie would NEVER try to come into STL on a hardship transfer. It is hard enough for f/as with valid issues (one of the reasons that speeded my retirement and there is no contractual language, so the process is very subjective). I don't know how that thought even got started but this is an area that needs no discussion. STL also has OCRs that are very willing and able to help when asked. This is a little different representation philosophy from the previous base representative.

I find it interesting that you would say that about Dixie. Both Dixie and Tim have made every effort to be inclusive, to hold the FIRST base mtg. and to provide good, solid representation.
Some times you have to take a leap of faith. If you want the same old, same old, then keep voting in the same old, same old. Dixie has experience in concessionary contracts, and if you think this round of negotiations is going to produce a return to former dollars per hour, my guess is you'll be disappointed. The work should have started the day after TH-B was voted in. The contract should have been costed out, line by line, and a team of volunteers, should have been doing a side by side of all current industry contracts. If the Company can cherry pick, so can you. There are many cost neutral or no cost, quality of life provisions that can be implemented with this contract. The difficult part is being able to get the Company to sign off without TRYING to attach an inflated value (like they did with the RPA). This is Dixie's forte. I guess it boils down to what you expect from your union and your negotiating team. By the way, there were people who VOLUNTEERED to do the grunt work mentioned above. I know because I offered. Our offer was never accepted. Too bad because we could have saved the APFA a lot of money, had a lot of fun, (I do love contract negotiations) and this would have been the most prepared f/a union AA had ever faced at the table. And that is why you need a Dixie Daniels on the team.

My friends in STL who have contacted Dixie say that she does not know much about our contract, which is surprising considering she should have been familiarizing herself with it when she decided to run for office. They said she was pleasant enough, but if she doesn't know the answer or doesn't know how to find out the answer, how effective is she as a representative.

Also they came away with the feeling that her primary concern was with the furloughees, which is important, but the active flight attendants need representation too.

My friends in STL who have contacted Dixie say that she does not know much about our contract, which is surprising considering she should have been familiarizing herself with it when she decided to run for office. They said she was pleasant enough, but if she doesn't know the answer or doesn't know how to find out the answer, how effective is she as a representative.

Also they came away with the feeling that her primary concern was with the furloughees, which is important, but the active flight attendants need representation too.

I doubt that....IF Dixie doesn't know an answer, she'll find it. Part of the problem is hdqts. gives multiple "interpretations" of various provisions. Apparently the volunteers, while well intentioned, give their own interpretation and from what I understand there are no negotiating notes available to define intent. That leaves the company open to their own interpretation. Also, there are many times a f/a is "wronged", but that doesn't mean there is a grievance. F/as don't like to be told, Yes, that sucks, but you have no grievance". Also, it is the responsibility for EVERY f/a to have a working knowledge of their contract. How many do you know that actually carry it on flts. (yes, I did) F/as tend to have the "do it for me" syndrome when it comes to knowing their own work rules. "Grey areas" should be backed up with proper negotiating intent notes available at a moments notice at hdqts. Also, the APFA should have full time, omn the property reps, but then that is just my opinion.

Of course Dixie is concerned about those furloughed. Until her recall she represents 1609 still waiting for" the letter", and over a thousand who have fallen off the seniority list. While those furloughed have no day to day flying grievances, those recently recalled have a multitude of needs associated with the recall. Not receiving "the letter", having to make two trips to selected bases for fingerprinting, and then again for medical clearance, issues with medical, issues with several that were on IOD at the time of furlough that AA left high and dry by declaring them max. improved so they wouldn't have to continue to pay valid claims,on-boarding that was set up for new hires, not recalls and the various questions that come up during a complete requalification training. I've known Dixie for years, and she is balanced and fair. There is a careful balancing act representing both the furloughed and the active. Those furloughed have not had a very strong APFA voice on their behalf. Perhaps it is time. Lets get EVERYONE back to work.

There will always be some that do not like the representative, no matter how hard they work. Add to that the interesting dynamics in STL and it keeps thigs more interesting. There was even one f/a who was angry when we showed up to picket. Go figure. She was livid, and became even more so when she saw the rest of us walking, talking and laughing. You should have seen the look when I gave the Base Mang. a hug. Of course she didn't know that the Mang. is my children's Godmother. Point being, the APFA has done nothing to educate on the integration and unfortunately the former STL representation never tried to have joint meetings where we could get to know one another. Lots of catching up to do. And like the jumpseat, you'll laugh with some, you'll cry with some, and the others you'll wave bye bye.

If you have that attitude, then your "friends" at SLT are not telling you the truth. I know Dixie. We could not have a better negotiator, or base chair. By the way, try to get the base code correct. There is no STL base. It is SLT. The city code is STL.

Your friends must be among that little clique at SLT that seem to think that if the person came from TWA they are automatically evil and after "my seniority." They also live by the philosophy that "my mind is made up. Please do not attempt to confuse me with facts."

If you have that attitude, then your "friends" at SLT are not telling you the truth. I know Dixie. We could not have a better negotiator, or base chair. By the way, try to get the base code correct. There is no STL base. It is SLT. The city code is STL.

Your friends must be among that little clique at SLT that seem to think that if the person came from TWA they are automatically evil and after "my seniority." They also live by the philosophy that "my mind is made up. Please do not attempt to confuse me with facts."

agreed-Dixie has got to be one of the most qualified negotiators this Union has seen. I hope after reviewing her credentials, he'll agree.

I just call them as I see them.

If the shoe fits...
Just because you call them as you see them, does not prove that you have good eyesight. For your information, the person you called a vulture is simply a furloughed US Airways f/a who would like to work for American and was asking when AA might be hiring again. I'm sure you can relate to a desire to get back to flying.

I would think that there has been more than enough name-calling on this board. We have bigger fish to fry--getting extended recall rights, getting a decent negotiating team in place before openers, etc.

I am an OCR <Furloughed> at SLT. Dixie & Tim are the best representatives that you can have. If they don't have the immediate answer to a question they will find it out for you. Keep in mind the the APFA contract has many Grey areas. At TWA our last IFFA contract was well written with very few Grey areas. Our working conditions were far better than AA. Our trading and flexibility was way above industry standards. Our hourly rate was not as high but we made up for it with unlimited trading, perfect attendance bonuses, holiday pay, high time flying waiving the 24-7, back to back international flying etc.

Any Union would be very lucky to have Dixie on the negotiating team. Dixie comes with a great deal of experience. Dixie is dedicated to all of us working or furloughed.