Unveiled 1st US 757 with new Blended Winglets technology

Here's a photo link of :

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5932861

This is the first US Airways 757 to be fitted with Aviation Partners Blended Winglets. It was photographed following its first flight from CLT to FLL. B) :up:
Did they re-do the interior yet? A330 seats in F? Are they making any improvements in coach? Half the entertainment systems on the 757s are messed up (i.e. some seats the audio works, some don't, some TVs flip, etc...) Is that being addressed?

Thanks for the picture, looks nice on the outside....

On a side note, flew through CLT twice today...full 757s in and out from Florida.... agents did an amazing job with what only can be described as a huge mess... Nice job, guys...

Would be nice to see interior shots of the new Envoy section. The IFE, from what I'm told, will be portable units though.

On another note, here is the second 734, N426US, painted in the new livery, courtesy of Paul Kanagie

2nd B737-400 in New Colors

Oh thank heaven. We've all been waiting with baited breath to see how much different the SECOND one turned out from the FIRST. I can finally get a good night's sleep.

BTW, can we get links to all 96 of them as they get painted?

Ooooh! This is SO exciting.

The 757s look very sharp in the new colors! The blended winglets look cool! B)

Thanks for posting those pics! ;)

BTW, can we get links to all 96 of them as they get painted?

Ooooh! This is SO exciting.
[/quote]

I hope so. I am so tired of flying these battle scarred airframes, that I would be happy to celebrate the painting of each one...Best. Greeter

Did they re-do the interior yet? A330 seats in F? Are they making any improvements in coach? Half the entertainment systems on the 757s are messed up (i.e. some seats the audio works, some don't, some TVs flip, etc...) Is that being addressed?

Thanks for the picture, looks nice on the outside....

On a side note, flew through CLT twice today...full 757s in and out from Florida.... agents did an amazing job with what only can be described as a huge mess... Nice job, guys...

The interior retrofit starts with the next aircraft, which I believe is 202. AC 201 will get its interior retrofit in either May or June.
Regards
DC

So it is my understanding that the interiors will include the A330 seats that were removed correct? Well these seats have the video screens built in. Are they going to remove these or screw them shut somehow? What a hodgepodge rigged makeover. I think the inside of the 767's have done are horrid. I know they were bad before but the wall panels are terrible. That blue on the walls looks like spray paint on the side of a subway car. I sure hope they at least make this look nice. I wonder how far back 12 envoy seats will go on the 757. Hopefully most of the space between 1L and 2L and the lav. Oh yeah one final thing. Is it me or is the flag logo on the winglets crooked on both sides?

Has anyone noticed that the winglets are different on every fleet type in the new paint?

So it is my understanding that the interiors will include the A330 seats that were removed correct?
No built in video screens. Portable players only. As for how far back they will go...to use a comparison, CO 757-200 aircraft have 4 rows of BizFirst at 55" pitch that nicely fill up the front cabin between doors 1 and 2. If US maintains the 60" pitch that these seats have in the A330, then there will be some left over room still, but probably not enough to cram a single row of coach in, so it seems only logical that those rows will be devoted to the front cabin.

Latest posts