A Brief Reminder of How it Was--Visit with Some Old Friends

You haven't EARNED the right to question our motives or actions.

Normally I'd agree with Art's assessment of you but to do so would be an afront to morons everywhere.
Indeed. There is a practical side to earning the right, generally only with longevity. It takes time to experience, let alone learn to accept, then act, on criticism.

In my interactions with team tempe, I rarely come away thinking the reason for the interaction will be solved. At least in CCY, I knew something substantive would be accomplished, maybe not the way I envisioned but something would be done.

Team tempe always leaves me wondering if my explanations were sufficient. They seem afraid to provide feedback.

and, us morons are highly, I say again, highly upset, at being compared to Freedom. Just kidding. :rolleyes:

First of all, let me thank those of you who have jumped to Bob's and my defense here. While there is significant hostility on these boards, it is nice to note that some of you still remember--and apparently appreciate our past efforts.

Cretins like Freedom are drunk on the Doug Parker Kool Aid. For his benefit, let me state unequivocably that the ONLY way a good number of former Chairman's Preferred and other formerly loyal customers would spend another dollar with US Airways is if Doug and Scott left. Their total disdain for customers and employees is palpable and can be proven in black and white, and in this day and age where US in particular is hanging on tenuously, you can't afford to lose one single customer, let alone one who spends with you every single week.

So Freedom, go crawl back into the baggage compartment, and stay away from customers...you are at best misguided, and have no conception of what a well run airline is or could be.

To the rest of you, my thanks for remembering.

My BEST to you all...

First of all, let me thank those of you who have jumped to Bob's and my defense here. While there is significant hostility on these boards, it is nice to note that some of you still remember--and apparently appreciate our past efforts.

Cretins like Freedom are drunk on the Doug Parker Kool Aid. For his benefit, let me state unequivocably that the ONLY way a good number of former Chairman's Preferred and other formerly loyal customers would spend another dollar with US Airways is if Doug and Scott left. Their total disdain for customers and employees is palpable and can be proven in black and white, and in this day and age where US in particular is hanging on tenuously, you can't afford to lose one single customer, let alone one who spends with you every single week.

So Freedom, go crawl back into the baggage compartment, and stay away from customers...you are at best misguided, and have no conception of what a well run airline is or could be.

To the rest of you, my thanks for remembering.

My BEST to you all...

So freedom is a "cretin" because his opinions differ from yours?

So freedom is a "cretin" because his opinions differ from yours?

Not at all....he is welcome to disagree with me all he wants, but when he is a known troll and for him to tell me to stay out of a club or butt his nose into things he knows nothing about is a little bit cretinish to me.

I have always been fair in my debates, Itest, you should know that.

That said,

My BEST to you all.....

Go to Freedom's profile and read his postings, a few beers short of a six pack I would say.

Go to Freedom's profile and read his postings, a few beers short of a six pack I would say.

Oh goodie! Someone’s questioning my sanity :mf_boff:

I think 700 is refering to my "crazy " postings :mellow:

they can be found here Link to crazy freedom rantings !!!

i don't think of myself so much as crazy but more likely as lazy ..if i put more effort into my postings i'd proably come across better , my ideas might sound more logic based to many of you rather than from the gut .... BUT ... i'm Intellectually lazy so it is what it is ... :ph34r:

No I spelled interrupt wrong. But the cool thing I downloaded a spell check for this board now all I have to do is use it :D

Firefox and it's spell checker usually keep me from acting dumber than I already am. (If that is possible.) I also found a setting that allows spell check on shorter messages, which apparently is normally inhibited.

I keep hearing all the supposed pseudo management saying the lack of business travel is hurting US, and now one from the west(Freedum) is telling certain travelers to go pound if they don't like the ways the company treats them?

People these days have chioces whether it be cell phone companies, cable television or even credit cards. Very competetive markets out there, most want the overall best bargin for the buck!! I'm sure even Freedum has had a go around or two with a service provider? Bottom line you have to treat the customer properly or you are going to lose them!!! Some just cannot understand that thinking!!!

I keep hearing all the supposed pseudo management saying the lack of business travel is hurting US, and now one from the west(Freedum) is telling certain travelers to go pound if they don't like the ways the company treats them?

People these days have chioces whether it be cell phone companies, cable television or even credit cards. Very competetive markets out there, most want the overall best bargin for the buck!! I'm sure even Freedum has had a go around or two with a service provider? Bottom line you have to treat the customer properly or you are going to lose them!!! Some just cannot understand that thinking!!!

Hey i'm ALL about customer service , HOWEVER i'm not about to bend over just to make XYZ passenger happy because they cry the loudest .. if you think the fair is too high ,crying about it won't make me cut it in half just for you ... if you think the service isn't good enough , i'm not going to spend an extra 100 million a year just so that YOU can be happy ...

We are in a business and as such we need to accept the fact that we WILL encounter people who simply CANNOT be made happy by reasonable means ...

Like i said before if your REASONABLE with me i will be likewise ... for the most part our customer service is SUFFICENT ... we get our pax from point A to point B on time and with their luggage ... What more do these people want because this is NOT 1950 ... we aren't flying people around in wicker chairs and requiring everyone who comes on board to be wearing their Sunday best , our flight attendants are no longer required to be single and under 26 years of age ...

We are one airline among many and today, 2009 we compete on PRICE ...

and just to make sure we are clear , i completely understand that as a company we must treat our PAX well or we will lose them , BUT there is also another implied side to that coin , and that it's the Pax must also be fair to US in return .. if you come on board the A/C and start complaining that the lav toliets are not gold plated , well don't expect me to take your complaint too seriously ....

Just curious as to how many years you have been in this business??? Were you employed by Usair when they were a real airline???

Bottom line. Freedom wants US Airways to survive. I really think all of us deep down, no matter our opinions, hardships, and feelings towards the Company, or MGMT, want to keep US Airways alive and well. We all have a lot of history, honor, and seniority in our postions, whether it be US Air, or America West!
Freedom has a lot of guts to stand up the majority of the US bashers on here, and state his opinions. I applaud you for that Freedom, and I also appreciatte your service and dealing with the unbearable heat in the PHX base.
That said, Art, I am really glad you had a chance to catch up with the Cp desk, and you have every right to step in and say "hi"!
The direction of US Airways is unknown, and most people wish the demise, unforutunetly.
I am working with the most outdated flight attendant contract in the history of the airline industry. Lowest paid at America West, for years now. Beat down, sure, but I still pick myself up and hope for better times. Always come to work and give the best customer service, no matter my feelings, our angst towards management.
If we cannot resolve negotiations for US fa's, or the pilots cannot settle there appeals, and arbitration, the company does not have a future, period!!!
Doug and Scott have a lot work on there hands, and has to make this reality!!! Once done, the customers will notice the gift of US Airways.
I hope things will workout, but lets just realize the customer is STILL flying US, and we need to concentrate on taking care of them! Fly safe! :)