A Brief Reminder of How it Was--Visit with Some Old Friends

The us airways clubs are for guests of us airways , if you are not going to frequent our airline then please don't loitter in our VIP guest area.

..and here we have the personification of everything that is wrong with US Airways today.

Freedom, sir, with NO due respect, you just don't have a clue.

Business is ALL about relationships......I was trying to share an emotional experience here--for myself as well as the folks I wrote about.

I am very thankful that you don't ever have to deal with a customer face to face...as should your supervisors.

At the risk of moderator action, you, sir, are a moron.

..and here we have the personification of everything that is wrong with US Airways today.

Freedom, sir, with NO due respect, you just don't have a clue.

Business is ALL about relationships......I was trying to share an emotional experience here--for myself as well as the folks I wrote about.

I am very thankful that you don't ever have to deal with a customer face to face...as should your supervisors.

At the risk of moderator action, you, sir, are a moron.

And you sir are a morale killer . I doubt there is any thing our comany can do to make you happy .

And you sir are a morale killer . I doubt there is any thing our comany can do to make you happy .
That is probably the most accurate statement you ever made on this board...Why do you think Art is spending his $ elsewhere, because the company is unwilling to make the FF happy. As for your previous statement about Art staying out of the clubs, that was totally uncalled for. Art may have a beef with the company, but he obviously still cares about the friends he made in the past years of flying US. I may not agree with many things Art and others say, but I would never doubt their friendships they have made with many of the employees at US..

Flew to GSO as a group on 3 seperate occassions to the CP Desk in INT. Each time we delivered between $200.00 and $ 350.00 worth of candy and snacks.

I attended one of the CP Desk visits at INT. Let me tell you......these folks were VERY appreciative of our visit. That made the $600 I spent that weekend flying to GSO and the hotel and parking my car at LAX well worth it.

I would have attended more of the goodwill tours, but getting to the East Coast can be challenging with my schedule.

Bob and I have had our differences on the board, but the time I met him when he was flying through Charlotte, I was working a flight and got to his gate late, he was all ready onboard in F/C and I went and said hello, nothing but cordial.

All I remember is him mumbling about a lime, lol, j/k

And Freedom if you dont think Bob does look out for employees and the passenger ask him about the present Chris Chiames sent him, Chiames was Siegels right handman

Yes bob you did alot for our workers and company back in the day but this is not back in the day this is now. I'd like to consider myself a rational and pragmatic person so if u have a complaint I'll listen. What I get from you and art is a general emotional dislike for our managment not based on the reality of our industry. You also keep adjitating the workers to. Get them riled up over things beyond their control. In short while u may have been helpfull in the past , now your only trouble makers , and don't think I've forgotten your statment about wanting to piss on the grave of our company.

If art doesn't like our service it's fine that he has gone elsewher but it's not fair to our comany to have him dropping by to drag down morale.

I'm another who was a regular on these FFOCUS visits... I've done the INT visits, actually came up with the GoFares Goodwill Tour idea, was honored to be with Art and Bob at the Greentree closing... you get the idea.

However... yesterday, I flew my first non-US flight in a long long long time. My 8 year old son and I flew to MCO on FL. Guess what? We had a blast!! The incoming to AVL was a few minutes late, which ultimately made our flight a few minutes late, but who cares? We got to MCO on time. The captain was incredible! He came on during boarding and entertained us with his pre-departure announcement. He sang a song... and played the harmonica. I've never ever had that on US, not that it was expected. During the flight, in his pre-arrival announcement about 20 minutes out, he came on as the Captainator, talking like Arnold Schwarzenager... and wished everyone a good trip in MCO (for those visiting Mickey Mouse... and don't forget Donald Duck, which he talked like Donald Duck).

The 3 FAs busted their butts in that 1:05 of flight time and got the full 717 (a DC-9 for those of us who remember those) drinks AND pretzels. My son said the "gourmet pretzels" were actually pretty good.

We're going back from MCO tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to the experience. I know we won't get that captain again, but the overall spirit and service was refreshing, compared to the grumpiness I've seen on US lately. If FL had more service near where I'm from, I would definitely be looking to use them instead of US.

Granted, I'm no longer the FFer I used to be (even when I first met Art and Bob), but I still fly enough to see the huge difference in service that US provides now compared to even pre-merger. I, too, had built many relationships that Bob & Art talk about. I remember flying through one of the PIT clubs so often, that the gals knew me by name... and would ask how my SO (at that time) in MSP was doing... and how often they could help out when there were delays or cancellations. These are little things and usually cost nothing on the bottom line... but they do oh so much for loyalty and customer retention. Tempe doesn't care about these things. They only want to look at how many butts in the seats (and how much they paid) not whose butts they are. Sure, it's only transportation... but for those who lives depend on it, it is so much more than just transportation. Other airlines realize that... the current US has no clue.

Bob and I have had our differences on the board, but the time I met him when he was flying through Charlotte, I was working a flight and got to his gate late, he was all ready onboard in F/C and I went and said hello, nothing but cordial.

Art is a class act. I have met him personally on a few occasions, and have seen him interact with airline personnel, so I can attest to this. Even if he disagrees with you in this forum.....he will treat you with respect if he ever has the occasion to meet you in person. Trust me, his bark is way worse than his bite. :lol:

Speaking as a 7-year US Gold (who will be hitting Platinum on CO in a few weeks): It really saddens me to see how beaten down US frontliners have become since I first became a DM Preferred. I guess 2 BK's, a merger, and a global economic crisis will test the resolve of even the most seasoned airline employee. But I have learned that I can turn the frowns upside down merely by smiling and saying "I know things are not as good as they once were.......but at least the customers appreciate what you do for us."

To quote Art: "My best to you all." ;)

Only one I have met was Bob, I was busy they day most of them came to GSO for Jim AKA Boeing Boy's retirement party, I would have love to have gone.

Like I said I have gone around with Bob and Art but we at least respect each other and each other's opinions and dont attack each other over what we think.