A hardship transfer

DFWFSC

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Wondering if anybody can possibly help me out a little. Is it possible to get a hardship transfer? My mother is very ill and her outlook isn't too promising. Commuting from DFW-TUS can be difficult and expensive having to CS'off extra days just to get back to work on time. Just curious as to what AA's policy is on this matter.

Wrong place to ask the question. You need to talk with HR. If you are union, the policy probably is different depending on which union you are in.

Wondering if anybody can possibly help me out a little. Is it possible to get a hardship transfer? My mother is very ill and her outlook isn't too promising. Commuting from DFW-TUS can be difficult and expensive having to CS'off extra days just to get back to work on time. Just curious as to what AA's policy is on this matter.

There used to be an ability for employees to exercise a hardship transfer, but somewhere along the way someone took advantage of a good benefit and ruined it for everyone. TWU no longer has this. You can try a FMLA however. Best wishes to your mother.

Thanks for the replys,

The union is helping as much as possible, but it's hands are tied for the most part..Way too much abuse with the hardship transfers in the past...so i'll just wait for a regular position to open up and just go from there with a transfer bid.

Your "hardship" should be easy to prove, sorry to say. Get with that VP of HR, its not like he is busy doing anything else! Or perhaps if you buy some stock in Mercer you can get the transfer? I can see AA trying to stem abuse of hardship requests but when the request is legitimate, they should be right there ready to help you out.

Back