www.usaviation.com
MAILBOX MESSAGES FOR:
KF9 HDQ 639B88
30NOV10/1614
ATTN ALL F/AS ON THE PENDING DOMESTIC TRANSFER LIST
RE DOMESTIC TRANSFER FORECAST
THE FORECAST ON THE FLIGHT SERVICE WEB AT CREW RESOURCES/
CREW PLNG QUICK LINKS/DOMESTIC TRANSFERS/DOMESTIC FORECAST
AND POSTINGS HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE FOLLOWING...
****THE COMPANY WILL BE PROCESSING REGULAR TRANSFERS TO
DFWD, AND CLEARING THE LISTS TO MIAD AND LGAD IN PREPARATION
FOR THE RECALLS EFF. 31JAN11. REQUESTS WILL BE CAPTURED
FROM F/AS 3* RECORDS ON **13DEC10 AT 0830CT**. POTENTIAL
TRANSFERS TO THESE BASES WILL BE EFFECTIVE 31JAN11.
THE NUMBER OF TRANSFERS TO DFWD WILL BE DETERMINED ON DAY
OF CAPTURE, DECEMBER 13TH.*** F/AS INTERESTED IN
TRANSFERING TO THESE BASES MUST UPDATE THEIR 3* RECORD NO
LATER THAN 0830CT ON 13DEC10. IF YOU HAVE A PREFERENCE IN
YOUR 3* RECORD AND YOUR PLANS HAVE CHANGED, PLEASE REMOVE THE
PREFERENCE PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE TO KEEP FROM INADVERTANTLY ¥
BLOCKING A FELLOW CREW MEMBER FROM HOLDING A TRANSFER.
THANKS.... F/A PLANNING / CREW RESOURCES / 30NOV10

Here's hoping. Of course, even though they stopped just 10 people from me on the 02DEC transfers, I'm already #60 on the new list. The one at SLT who deliberately put her name on the DFWD list intending to turn it down (which she did) has put her name back on the DFWD transfer list. She is senior enough that no matter how few are called, she will probably get offered a transfer (which she has said she will turn down again).

In case you're curious...our base vice-chair sent out an email to all SLT f/as before the first transfer in Nov asking people to take their names off the DFW list if they didn't intend to accept the transfer so that someone who did want to go, could. The goofball above told everyone that she added her name to the list at the last minute because the email from the vice-chair "offended" her.

Is her intent to somehow "show-up" the vice-chair or is there some other potential motive for her actions?

Who knows. From what I hear she's a pillhead who carries a big ziploc bag of assorted pills with her and takes them by the handful.

The story seems to be fairly consistent that she had told several people that she didn't want to tranfer to DFW, and she admiitted to adding her name to the list at the last minute intending to turn down the transfer "because the vice-chair's email offended her." All Nena said in her email was, if you don't want to transfer to DFW, please make sure your name is removed from the list before the deadline so that someone who does want to go to DFW can be selected.

The first pull for 01NOV transfers didn't come close to me. The pull for 02DEC transfers to DFW stopped at #160 on the list. I was #170. Guess how many people turned down the transfer? That's right. 10! Bitter! Party of one. Your table's ready. :lol:

In a way, I kind of hope the goofball does try to turn it down again. She is going to find out that you can only refuse one transfer in a 90-day period. If her name is on the list on 13DEC, she is going to DFW for a minimum of 3 months. :)
(P.S. I think she lives in St. Louis.)

In case you're curious...
Yes, I'm curious. I'm curious how such a clause ever got into a contract and I'm curious that it stays there. They should put out a notice just before a transfer is worked to update your preferences, then work the transfers and it's final. Six months of commuting ought to cure the selfish you-know-what. Isn't that the way it works on international?

MK

Yes, Intl' is final, no choice. For some reason domestic is different. In the past it wasn't a problem, transfers were happening all the time. I am under the impression that both AA and APFA want it to change with the next contract. Just like Intl'. No more having your name on every domestic base list. Hopefully this person will be forced to DFW for awhile. Sounds like she deserves/needs it.

IORFA, you are absolutely correct. In the past domestic transfers were never a problem. They occurred almost every month; so, the "flexibility" of turning down a transfer was written into the contract. Let's all remember that thanks to the RLA, our old contract, ratified 12SEP01, is still in effect until a new contract is ratified.

I took the Contracts and Scheduling class at APFA headquarters in October--which if you get a chance to take it, you should. Interesting, well taught, and even for a manual nerd like me, revealed some new info. We brought up the domestic transfer issue to Brent Peterson, national contracts coordinator. Without saying that this was definitely going to be done, he seemed to indicate that the direction in which both the company and the union are moving is that domestic transfers will be like International proffers...if you put your name on the list, and your number comes up, you will be going to the new base for a minimum of 3-6 months. Another possibility was that if you put your name on the list, and then refuse the transfer, you can not put your name on any transfer list for 6 months to a year. (In a base, such as SLT, where there is a real possibility the base will close, this could be a problem. If you're not eligible to specify a base, you made end up force transferred to somewhere you don't want to go.)

IMO, as long as STL is forced to have a pilot base, there will at least be a token F/A base. Crossing my fingers for you Jim, Dec 13th should be a good day for you.

I would agree with you, but more and more of the pilots' sequences begin with a deadhead to DFW or ORD and end with a deadhead back to base (which a lot of them like because they don't live in St. Louis; so, they can get the deadhead changed to their home airport). If the union would agree to making SLT a satellite of Chicago, I agree that there would always be some sort of a f/a base as long as there is a pilot base. However, the APFA is (for reasons known only to them) opposed to making SLT a satellite of Chicago and have refused the company's requests to make it so. From what I was told, the company first requested such a move over 3 years ago.

The economics do not support a full-fledged base anymore. We have 32 mainline departures a day--not all of them flown by SLT crews. They may not eliminate SLT completely, but I think it is in for further downsizing. Note that the company has said that there will be no regular transfers to SLT from here on out--only domestic mutual transfers.

Thanks for the good wishes. As I said, I'm already #60 on the list published 18NOV. I imagine that I will drop further now that a transfer has been announced. So, it will depend on how many transfers are offered. Keep your fingers crossed. If I do get it this time, I won't have to change my reserve rotation because February is my reserve month. Oh, and I have vacation the first two weeks in February. Oh darn. :lol:

I know that the STL pilots do a lot of deadheading into and out of STL. The pilot contract forces AA to keep the base within certain parameters. It can't get too big or too small compared to ORD and DFW. Thus I am sure it is close to the smallest size it can get to. As AA drops flights in STL, it makes it harder for them to make the pilots work every leg of their sequences. Thus the deadheading. I am sure the pilots as a whole don't like the situation STL causes, but they can't fix it until they agree on a new contract. STL pilots end up flying some good trips that used to be operated by other bases forever. Time will tell how it gets worked out.

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned...
This makes the 2nd time in less than 3 months that the company has specifically said that they were clearing the lists to LGA and MIA. LGA I can understand because that is where they intend to put the recalled furloughees. But, MIA? Why the determination to clear the MIA list?

Maybe they have to so they can put the French qualified speakers from the recalls? I have no idea, just guessing.

The last group of recallees, the 218 who will train in March and go on line April 1, just got their recall letters. Choice of bases is listed as LGA and MIA.

MK

It's a bit more nuanced. The acceptance/rejection/ base selection form states:
All qualified French speakers will be based MIA (domestic). We expect that most other recalled F/As will be based LGA, however there may be limited slots in MIA (domestic) for non-French speakers. Once transfers have been processed for active Flight Attendants, you will be notified of your base award through e-mail at the address you provide on this form.

jimntx,

Did the tranfer results end up in your favor? How did "Ms. I don't like the base chair" end up?

Latest posts