A MLH 777 shot down over Ukraine/Russian border

senior us official in the intelligence community concluded that MH 17 was indeed shot down..

per cnn

God Bless all of the victims of that air disaster   May they RIP

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
The SHITT is definitely gonna' hit the (world) fan Now !

Terrible  terrible news  !!!!!!!!!
Obama's response: "it looks like a terrible tragedy..." and then goes into a prepared speech, finishing with "“Thank you, God bless you, let’s build some bridges, let’s build some roads, God bless America."

Not a mention of prayers for the families of those lost. Nope. Instead he headed to a photo op at the Burger Pit, and two DNC fundraisers.

Yep, he's got our back all right.

I think the reality is that Putin figured out he can get away with stuff like this because Obama hasn't met a red line he won't back away from.

Compare that to how Reagan responded with KAL 007. There were people who expected we'd be in a real shooting war over that one.

Did Reagan go after Russia any kind of military way when they shot down TWO different Korean Airlines Jets?

Nope.

And the US shot down the Iraq Air A300 too.

eolesen said:
Obama's response: "it looks like a terrible tragedy..." and then goes into a prepared speech, finishing with "“Thank you, God bless you, let’s build some bridges, let’s build some roads, God bless America."

Not a mention of prayers for the families of those lost. Nope. Instead he headed to a photo op at the Burger Pit, and two DNC fundraisers.

I think the reality is that Putin figured out he can get away with stuff like this because Obama hasn't met a red line he won't back away from.

Compare that to how Reagan responded with KAL 007. There were people who expected we'd be in a real shooting war over that one.

What do you do?  Make it instantly about Obama.  The chances are rather slim that Putin ordered the shot down.  So to say that Putin thinks he can get away with it because Obama will do nothing is silly.

As I see it, this "accident" happened in large part due to Obama's ambivalent approach to the occupation of Crimea and ongoing invasion of eastern Ukraine.

How the hell does a missile launcher wind up in "separatists" hands? This isn't your standard gun-running. It's military assistance, and yes, I'd expect that Putin's fingerprints are on the decision to provide major armaments to the "separatists".

This is the stuff that happens when you take an isolationist approach.

Eoleson's response:

eolesen said:
Obama's...
That says more about you than anything else said.

Off politics:

Tragic that a large group of the people were HIV/AIDS researchers, officials, and activists traveling on Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 en route to the 20th anniversary AIDS 2014 conference in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

The eerie part was the guy who was on the flight and posted a picture of the plane on his Facebook joking about this Malaysian flight going missing.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/17/flight-mh17-passenger-who-joked-about-disappearing-on-malaysia-airlines-flight-on-facebook-now-feared-dead-4802101/

It's obvious that the US and Russia have been playing a game that could bring us on the brink of war(thus the Cold War and Mother Russia will never forget), then suddenly not going for the confrontation.

Although most didn't see it, we were on the brink of war when Russia shot down Flight 007...
http://www.newsweek.com/newsweek-rewind-when-korean-air-lines-flight-007-was-shot-down-259653

It's obvious that whoever shot this aircraft down will get away with it, but it was something to start an imminent world war. Funny how they picked Malaysia Airlines after that little disappearance in March...Anal Alert: I'm going to outline a conspiracy that is coincidental.

The Russians accused the US of guiding the jet to Diego Garcia(or vice-versa) and maybe they are the ones who may have had to do with the disappearance of MH 370.

eolesen said:

What benefit is there of shooting down a passenger liner? Name one.  Where is the up side for Putin?  For the separatists? 

What exactly did Reagan do after Russia shot down KAL 007?  Yep, people were expecting it from all the bluster that Reagan would spew but he was all talk and no action (thankfully).  He did nothing.  Not a damn thing.

Hopefully the US never shoots down a civilian airliner in a war zone.  That would be a shame.  I wonder if FOX will call us terrorists were that to happen.  I guess we have been very lucky so far huh?

So,, does the same standard hold for the US?  Are we terrorists for shooting down a civilian airliner down in a war zone?

eolesen said:
As I see it, this "accident" happened in large part due to Obama's ambivalent approach to the occupation of Crimea and ongoing invasion of eastern Ukraine.

How the hell does a missile launcher wind up in "separatists" hands? This isn't your standard gun-running. It's military assistance, and yes, I'd expect that Putin's fingerprints are on the decision to provide major armaments to the "separatists".

This is the stuff that happens when you take an isolationist approach.

Please explain Georgia in 2008.

Latest posts

Back