A New Update From The IAM 2/25/06

with iam I will be out of a job most likely.
One thing is for certain, without a union you won't even have any say so in anything, the company just thinks of something and then they do it.
Trust me at least with a union you will have some sort of fighting chance, witout one your dead in the water like a sitting duck.

One thing is for certain, without a union you won't even have any say so in anything, the company just thinks of something and then they do it.
Trust me at least with a union you will have some sort of fighting chance, witout one your dead in the water like a sitting duck.
Will Robinson...can you hear me? Danger....Danger

TWU has the cards how in the world can IAM say that the TWU is risking decertification, all the IAM has to do is agree with the east/west idea like the CWA/IBT has and it will be over. this is another scare tactic by the IAM to their employees and the TWU employees. TWU already stands to lose about 1/3 of their membership by going with the IAM whatever happened to unions sticking together for EVERYONE. This is what the TWU is trying to do, save jobs. And from what i hear furlough number is now around 900 from IAM and 99 from TWU. The fact is that TWU got enough cards signed from the poorly represented IAM employees with still no contract in print and they cant blame the company because they have a website and its not posted their, I wonder why? What is really in it? Yeah Doug has made it clear that cost must remain the smae, well TWU would of got more without this F*ing merger. They were suppose to get 22% wage increase under the ATSB loan. The pilots got it and the dispatchers got it. Now that we have this F*ing merger the ramp looses out on there wage increase they should have got. The two tier pay scale the IAM has is almost identical to the '00 contract TWU signed. If IAm is in place about 250 TWU members take a paycut, the reason for this is no geogrqaphical pay. So how can the IAM contract be so good if TWU contract of '00 employees take paycuts? Dont loose focus TWU is the clear winner, no job losses and no paycuts for the TWU or IAM employees. IAM employees will be under their current contract until a new one is negotiated by TWU!!!

Personally i'm pushing for our union NOT to have a power share with IAM , once i learned that we would not get a new union contract if we married IAM that killed it for me .After reading IAM's post about TWU trying to kill both unions i've decided that i will no longer listen to their crap , i'm so sick of the exergerated and misleading things that they put up , are these people older than 12 years old? Are they incappable of stating the facts as they are and not as they would like them to be? As far as i see it , we either win the election (twu) or we become decertifed . I prefer those options to becoming IAM . yes i know i've heard how horrible it is not to have a union , but in one years time we could try to make a new one all over again , and time wise that's better than sitting out the end of the IAM contract

An AMT has much more schooling, and something called maybe just a little responsibility involved in his or her job, that makes them deserving of being separated from someone who cleans toilets, or delivers parts.

Bricklayers do work that is similar to that of stonemasons.Bricklayers start at the corners because they are the most difficult. Only the most experienced bricklayers work on the corners because time, skill, and precision are required.

Nationally, the median wage for bricklayers is $3,510 per month ($20.23 per hour). Half of all bricklayers earn between $2,690 and $4,420 per month ($15.49 and $25.47 per hour).

Aircraft mechanics service and repair aircraft and aircraft engines. They do this to ensure safe and dependable performance.

Nationally, the median wage for aircraft mechanics is $3,670 per month ($21.15 per hour). Half of all aircraft mechanics earn between $3,020 and $4,470 per month ($17.41 and $25.79 per hour). Wages are similar for avionics technicians.

Nothing else makes sense to me unless it's just raw ego or the folks at HP really hate the IAM that much that they are willing to risk de-certification.

Most of the West rampers in PHX were against having IAM as the representative union because of that contracts outsourcing language. That will be a numerous number of stations and co-workers laid off. Unlike East, we actually give a *^&% about the welfare of people at field stations. This hasn't been about money. Then there is the thuggery in PHL, which only served to push fence-sitters to the side of TWU. Everyone at West realizes that under IAM, there will be NO representation for West. Grievances will be pigeonholed out of spite and there will be no Westies in leadership positions. We will pay dues without the benefits of representation.

Most of the West rampers in PHX were against having IAM as the representative union because of that contracts outsourcing language. That will be a numerous number of stations and co-workers laid off. Unlike East, we actually give a *^&% about the welfare of people at field stations. This hasn't been about money. Then there is the thuggery in PHL, which only served to push fence-sitters to the side of TWU. Everyone at West realizes that under IAM, there will be NO representation for West. Grievances will be pigeonholed out of spite and there will be no Westies in leadership positions. We will pay dues without the benefits of representation.

You said it well Sistah!!!!!!!

That is why transition negotiations would take place to prevent the outsourcing of current west staffed stations.

Bricklayers do work that is similar to that of stonemasons.Bricklayers start at the corners because they are the most difficult. Only the most experienced bricklayers work on the corners because time, skill, and precision are required.[/b]

brick·lay·er
A person skilled in building with bricks.:Bricks or brick. A molded rectangular block of clay baked by the sun or in a kiln until hard and used as a building and paving material.

stone·ma·son
One that prepares and lays stones in building.:Rock or a piece of rock shaped or finished for a particular purpose, especially:
A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone.

There is a BIG differents between the two: MASON=A/C Mechanic Layer=Parts puller

Apparently you have never worked in a distribution center in CLT to know exactly what the Stock Clerks do.

Recieving, checking 8130s, JAA and FAA Documents.

Post about things you know or just keep posting so I can get a good laugh at ignorance.

Recieving, checking 8130s, JAA and FAA Documents.

Post about things you know or just keep posting so I can get a good laugh at ignorance.
Receiving....Hmmmm, thats a tough one...Checking 8130's?? :lol: What about the AMT/Inspector who puts his stamp on that 8130?? until that particular part or system worked on is repaired/replaced again??....FAA documents??? You mean EO's, AD Notes, that AMT's/Inspectors have to follow to a "T" or risk losing their livelyhood???

Laugh at ignorance??? RMFAO :lol: :lol: Keep trying

700, your a pistol :lol: :lol:

brick·lay·er
A person skilled in building with bricks
stone·ma·son
One that prepares and lays stones in building.:Rock or a piece of rock shaped or finished for a particular purpose, especially:
There is a BIG differents between the two: MASON=A/C Mechanic Layer=Parts puller
figures it flew right over your head birdman.....
see the miniscule difference in hourly wages for uncomparable responsibities??