A&p Mechanic Cob?

Thanks Ray, seems like someone is confused unless the job was awarded and US/EAST are'nt being informed. You don't think "they" would do something like that to highly qualified U mechs?

if you are that concerned then inquire with your union or company about the post

if you are that concerned then inquire with your union or company about the post

Are you saying that the U employees should'nt be concerned if the COB's are not being awarded fairly? One thing you might consider is that AWA employees now need the U employees onboard to turn a profit. If the U people feel they are mistreated "your" job and company may be in jepordy. If you push on the U employees they will push back, they have been through this before.

Are you saying that the U employees should'nt be concerned if the COB's are not being awarded fairly? One thing you might consider is that AWA employees now need the U employees onboard to turn a profit. If the U people feel they are mistreated "your" job and company may be in jepordy. If you push on the U employees they will push back, they have been through this before.

ok lets try this again first i know for a fact that it is awarded second i know the correct closing date was 10/14/05, could it be possible that someone made a mistake with the posting date on th "US" page

and as i said i think and i might be incorrect which i am will to say, not like some but anyways its is an IBT posting and i dont think any IAM mechanics can bid on it, so please post where it says in writing that an IAM mechanic can bid a IBT location at this time

I would assume he is correct on that statement with regards to IAM bidding IBT jobs. The only way that job would be available for IAM persons is if the job had gone unbid through the IBT bidding process and next step would be to hire within the company. Same procedure should apply for persons on the West Coast who would like to relocate to the East if a position would go unbid per the IAM contract. Now what pay scale they would start at, now that is a new can of worms!!!!!!

Ok, I do not have access to the HUB. Someone just looked at this very posting and verified that it is on the HUB. Also it states that resume must be received before 10/27/05. In addition it states in caps EAST COAST EMPLOYEES send resume to, and gives fax or email. Are they referring to AWA employees that live on the east coast?

Ok, I do not have access to the HUB. Someone just looked at this very posting and verified that it is on the HUB. Also it states that resume must be received before 10/27/05. In addition it states in caps EAST COAST EMPLOYEES send resume to, and gives fax or email. Are they referring to AWA employees that live on the east coast?

i dont know, i just saying its all wrong and must be a mistake, but its all usless if IAM cant bid on IBT jobs as of yet

i dont know, i just saying its all wrong and must be a mistake, but its all usless if IAM cant bid on IBT jobs as of yet

I would think that until the senority list are intergrated U jobs will be bid by U employees and HP jobs bid by HP employees as per the respective contracts. Then unfilled jobs would be up for grabs, by resume or whatever. I don't think any current employee should be start out as a new hire either way. We still have bids coming out every week.

If I remembered correctly Amwest did do overhaul on B-737, B-757, and the A-320 prior to Dec. 1996, before all of our work got farmed out to Tramco.

Are you saying US mechanics are not highly qualified?

We overhaul our A320s and 737s and you don't.

Mechanics who work overhaul are very highly qualified as are line mechanics.

Then why does your great iam contract only pay hanger techs for 1 licence pay instead of both our hanger techs get both payed.

Read the bankruptcy agreement - after March 2005 returning furloughed IAM mechanics return at the starting pay grade.

Check again, I believe its after 5 years furloughed, if you return after that you start at step 1 on the pay scale.

That might have been the initial "ask" sheet from the company, but not the final one that was voted upon.

That must be part of the mysterious contract that we M&R do not have to date.
Ive never heard of a "term sheet being a legal and binding document.
But i guess all lapdogs will accept what ever the company and the company union say.

Latest posts