A Personal Thank You To Laura Glading

Why don't you direct your anger to the entity that furloughed you and that is American Airlines. It is up to them to extend recall rights. The fact is they just don't want to. Frankly, I don't want to ever have to work with your bitter a** either.

I'm not angry, just frustrated by injustice...American Airlines is a big soulless machine designed to provide a service and make money for it's shareholders as it should be. To expect anything else from them is foolish....They aren't one of my "brothers or sisters," .....You are.

Reactions: 2 people
One question.... Have you ever tried to make a deal with AA management ? THERE ARE RUTHLESS !!!!! Seen it many many times .... Just me the company always has the final word.
Perhaps the apfa should utilize the talents of ALL of its elected negotiators,,,I hear Ms. Daniels is amazing and very tenacious.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps the apfa should utilize the talents of ALL of its elected negotiators,,,I hear Ms. Daniels is amazing and very tenacious.

Ok...if that is the most hysterical thing I have read in a long time. I guess we should all thank goodness that we have a ex-TWA negotiator. I bet the American Airlines negotiators shake in their boots when Ms. Daniels holds court during negotiations. There is an awful lot of arrogance coming from the members of a union that signed off on your seniority.

Ok...if that is the most hysterical thing I have read in a long time. I guess we should all thank goodness that we have a ex-TWA negotiator. I bet the American Airlines negotiators shake in their boots when Ms. Daniels holds court during negotiations. There is an awful lot of arrogance coming from the members of a union that signed off on your seniority.

The irony is that, the arrogance and ultimatly the ignorance is coming from people who won't use every talent, experience and skill (regardless of where it came from,) toward the ultimate good of all.

How about those who do Haiti and who flew Moscow while we had it? Did they sit in jumpseats or passenger seats?

MK

Haiti, they could sit in jumpeats. Short flight. Moscow (and I assume PVG) flight was too long so they were blocked pax seats.

She was probably one of the ones trying to make dirty deals with the Missouri Senator a couple of weeks ago....

She was probably one of the ones trying to make dirty deals with the Missouri Senator a couple of weeks ago....

Sen. or Rep.? LG can't seem to get her story straight. Hummmmm

Just as a side note, there were quite a few of us that were not members of the IAM. We became dues objectors over the lack of representation and ethics. Looks as if we were right. The APFA's own R.Clayman was right in the middle of the mess.

Despite the intra-union politics on this one, it's clearly a decent deal for all. The new hires (only 30, don't forget) will be bottom of every list known to mankind, and any Mandarin speakers out there are guaranteed a job.

It's good to see the two sides actually working together on something important like this instead of the old Cold War standoff. Routes like this are important for AA and its return to profitability, something that will benefit the employees in contract negotiations.

Despite the intra-union politics on this one, it's clearly a decent deal for all. The new hires (only 30, don't forget) will be bottom of every list known to mankind, and any Mandarin speakers out there are guaranteed a job.

It's good to see the two sides actually working together on something important like this instead of the old Cold War standoff. Routes like this are important for AA and its return to profitability, something that will benefit the employees in contract negotiations.

I actually agree with you for once.

I wonder how many people will apply.... I would think there are better opportunities for Mandarin speakers out there than the starting pay (low 20's) that AA is offering. Perhaps the "glamour" will be enough to attract qualified applicants!?

I wonder how many people will apply.... I would think there are better opportunities for Mandarin speakers out there than the starting pay (low 20's) that AA is offering. Perhaps the "glamour" will be enough to attract qualified applicants!?

I doubt that AA will find it all that difficult to find 30 people who speak Chinese who want to a flight attendant, even at the low starting pay.

It's been 10 years since AA put out the "We're hiring flight attendants" sign. In that decade, how many millions of kids finished high school and college and haven't yet found their dream jobs?

I don't think Southwest, jetBlue and Virgin America and all the regionals have found it difficult to hire FAs during that 10-year hiring drought (by the legacies).

Last fall, Delta received more than 85k applications for about 600 new-hire FA spots.

There's a lot of young people in California (and probably other states) who are ethnic Chinese and can probably speak Mandarin well enough to qualify. I'm willing to bet that there's at least 30 of them who meet AA's standards to become FAs. My prediction: AA gets at least 3,000 applications for these 30 spots (unless AA cuts off the application process earlier).

Hmmm. Ethnic Chinese, with guaranteed ability to go back and see extended family in Shanghai at least twice a month...

Yeah, I can see how that would be a difficult sell.