APFA President Laura Glading Video on US Airways Merger

Perhaps but as I said above I'd be skeptical of US and Doug Parker's "commitments" to labor. Were you at the exchange and AA negotiations to see how productive were? As you all should know better than me, airline CEOs and managers make unreasonable, irrational promises at times to promote a merger. How many hubs have been closed by various airlines after local officials were promised they would retain their hub or possibly grow due to the combination? I'm glad you guys believe this will somehow provide a greater standard of living and job security than AA's term sheets but I'd be very careful before cheering such a thing on.

Josh
<_< ----- Josh, Isn't it ironic? History repeats it's self! In another time, and another failing Airline, we were confronted with a similar choice. Ours was between Frank Lorenzo, or Carl Ichan. The rest is history! ------ AA's is between Tom Horton, or Doug Parker! ------- My advice to AA's Labor is to choose wisely Brothers!!!

Problem is, there's nothing enforceable about a tentative agreement. At best, it's a letter of intent.

Hate to agree with the others who haven't bought into the "rainbows & unicorns" promises, but how can Parker or anyone else make promises without having done due diligence? Do they really know AA's contractual liabilities? Doubtful. Most of the delicate stuff is redacted on the public record, and would only become obvious after a NDA were signed.

Remember how DL was going to give loans to Pan Am to keep their MIA & LatAm operation running in 1991?

Due diligence proved that it was losing money far faster than DL predicted, DL got cold feet, and Pan Am wound up six feet under.

If it were me, I'd hold off on the celebratory high-fives and fist bumps until after there's something more than a letter of intent...

Problem is, there's nothing enforceable about a tentative agreement. At best, it's a letter of intent.

Hate to agree with the others who haven't bought into the "rainbows & unicorns" promises, but how can Parker or anyone else make promises without having done due diligence? Do they really know AA's contractual liabilities? Doubtful. Most of the delicate stuff is redacted on the public record, and would only become obvious after a NDA were signed.

Remember how DL was going to give loans to Pan Am to keep their MIA & LatAm operation running in 1991?

Due diligence proved that it was losing money far faster than DL predicted, DL got cold feet, and Pan Am wound up six feet under.

If it were me, I'd hold off on the celebratory high-fives and fist bumps until after there's something more than a letter of intent...
I'm not seeing a ton of backflips e. I see many as trying to choose between the two evils. Most are happy interested that
there could possibly be another option. We still see it as a an extremely difficult situation regardless of the path.