A very public trip report

:shock: Horrible...horrible service by all involved, plain and simple! This is embarrassing. :down:

P.S.> the presentation was a little strange though (ie:background music), but I guess the customer was trying to portray the twilight zone episode he experienced.

And I don't think he is ready to pardon the dust

Requires quick time to listen to or you may have heard it on Public Radio

Just a bit too produced. Sorry, I would love to know the REAL truth! I don't trust anyone that has the time and MONEY to produce such a drama queen production but can't AFFORD a GD cab from the Ramada to the PHL airport. Give me a f****** break!! :down: :down:

Just a bit too produced. Sorry, I would love to know the REAL truth! I don't trust anyone that has the time and MONEY to produce such a drama queen production but can't AFFORD a GD cab from the Ramada to the PHL airport. Give me a f****** break!! :down: :down:
But it was OUR fault! I don't care if he was Bill Gates, he shouldn't have had to pay for a taxi.

Is it me; or do I hear a distinct "lisp"...

Silly beast!

Later,
Eye
is it me, or was that a moronic statement? and what exactly is it supposed to mean, anyway?

geez, a guy gets horrible service, has a justified complaint, and all y'all do is throw it back on the customer.

is it me, or was that a moronic statement? and what exactly is it supposed to mean, anyway?

geez, a guy gets horrible service, has a justified complaint, and all y'all do is throw it back on the customer.

It was a joke...geeze. I don't know about you, but I fell asleep halfway through this goofy rant. Yeah, the airline sucks, we know, we know....

Later,
Eye

It was a joke...geeze. I don't know about you, but I fell asleep halfway through this goofy rant. Yeah, the airline sucks, we know, we know....

Later,
Eye
yeah, most at this airline fall asleep in the middle of important things...like the day to day operation of Philadelphia International Airport.

no, the airline doesn't suck. but a lot of people working here certainly don't give a damn.

Well I see the "Spin Cycle" and the blame the Customer and view him as the Enemy diatribe has begun!

You assume facts not in evidence. He was a customer and now he is a disatisfied customer who needs to be responded to in a prompt and professional manner.

If you had listened more carefully before attacking one of your salary providers you would note that all he wanted to do was use his vouchers as was his right under US's stated policy. He, IIRC paid for both cab rides due to a dispute with the Ramada Policy.

You have a case of inexperienced, indifferent and sloppy people interacting with a customer and you have to ask:

Whose fault is it that the folks in PHL are indifferent?

Whose fault is it that they bolted from the counter when he asked for their names?

Why would they up and leave? Could the rumors be true that fear and intimidation is still the dominate management style?

Whose fault is it that inproperly trained and inexperienced staff are left alone on a metaphorical island to handle a difficult situation?

I can think of one group that bears the brunt of the responsibility, but I'll let you figure it all by yourself.

AND you're typical response, PB..we are all clueless employees if we question the customer or their intention. You are always defensive to anything an employee has to say that disagrees and your tone suggest we are all heartless and like to blame others.

We all know US sucks. We don't need [edited] like you rerminding us every f****** day, 24/365. PLEASE, PLEASE, PB, GO AWAY!! You have shown and proven you are tired of US and HATE US. Now you are just a bitter hateful fool. I have read for the last few weeks the constant negative dribble and attacking anyone who questions a customer and have kept my mouth shut long enough.

Go ahead and blast away as well of those fellow employees who like to constantly take the abuse. I have NEVER EVER SEEN such a group of people who like to whine grumble and complain, yet keep coming back. Your actions or stupidity for staying around shows me you are either a masochist or a trouble maker. You are no longer doing the dedicated employees a favor.

Please go reread your posts. They are negative, nasty, and many times abusive and I refuse to kiss your ass and the other few like you that clain to "care" about the employees.

I have had it with the constantly bashing. You may think you are helping. You are NOT!!

And ART, if you read this, you are coming close to being the same. Constructive critism is one thing. This is abuse and the silent majority woould prefer you either equal the playing field or take the rest of your business to your PRECIOUS United. :down:

<SNIP> You have shown and proven you are tired of US and HATE US. Now you are just a bitter hateful fool.
And ART, if you read this, you are coming close to being the same. Constructive critism is one thing.
I disagree.

Both Bob and Art have always expressed support for front line employees. Art has not even posted in this thread yet.

Am I missing something?

Telling your top money spending passengers to go away is a sure way to ensure a third trip to bankruptcy, but straight to chapter 7, remember without them there is no airline.

We all know US sucks. We don't need [edited] like you rerminding us every f****** day, 24/365. PLEASE, PLEASE, PB, GO AWAY!! You have shown and proven you are tired of US and HATE US. Now you are just a bitter hateful fool. I have read for the last few weeks the constant negative dribble and attacking anyone who questions a customer and have kept my mouth shut long enough.

Go ahead and blast away as well of those fellow employees who like to constantly take the abuse. I have NEVER EVER SEEN such a group of people who like to whine grumble and complain, yet keep coming back. Your actions or stupidity for staying around shows me you are either a masochist or a trouble maker. You are no longer doing the dedicated employees a favor.

It's not dribble, fool; the word you're searching for is drivel.

I blame the schools.

And is that the customers fault? Or perhaps the fault of the vaunted Sandcastle?

When you have a Senior Unionized Workforce you have to win their hearts and minds and give them a compelling reason to deliver the superior service they are capable of. Right now there are 9 Million reasons for the employees NOT to be motivated.

As much as I support DP's right to leverage his compensation plan to full advantage, these types of things are the end result of those decisions. It falls at managements feet to address the morale of the workforce.
It is by no means the customers fault. Blame has to be placed in Tempe. They are in control now and still have done nothing to really change PHL (my domicile). I am scared every time I go to commute to work that my flight will be delayed...both my commuting flight AND my working flight.

I've been here 20 years come October. I know I have my bad days just like everyone else, but I have a mortgage, car payment and a child in college (I, by the way, am also back in school finishing my graduate degree). I try to treat people like I would like to be treated. While I don't tolerate any abusive behavior by a customer, we should all try to give customers what they expect--good, reliable and friendly service.

I am fully aware of how negative I can be while posting here, but this is my outlet for all the crap I get handed by management. I try my damnedest not to take it out on those (our paying customers) who provide me with an income that I need until I can get the f**k out of here when I complete my masters next year.

Latest posts