US TATL flight diverts due to cabin crew illness

nycbusdriver said:

All these hotels are being overseen already by the AA Crew Accomodations department.   The fact is that the APA contract is less restrictive than the US contract was, so the hotels will simply get worse as the APA contract takes further effect.

Anyone can find a great property in the middle of nowhere (like, I understand, the UA TLV hotel is.)  Me?  I prefer every one of the really nice places US has kept us on the beach in the middle of the action in TLV.

In London, US is in an awesome location, which is just as important as an awesome property. Our London property, admittedly, is total crap, but it's hard to beat staying in Kensington.  Wanna make book on how soon the AA crews are at our crap hotel in London?  Tell your "AA F/A (Int'l) friends" to enjoy where they are while they can.  

AA already plans to move their MAD crews to the US hotel.  The APA contract allows for the lowest common denominator, with emphasis on the word "lowest."

In general, US does not provide "substandard" accommodations.  Besides, "substandard," like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder.  I hate the hotels in VCE, MAN and LHR, and consider them substandard.  Many, maybe most, crew members don't see it my way.  Everyone has their personal reasons for judging accommodations.  A lot of my colleagues would sooner cut off their right arm than to lose the "free breakfast" in MAN, even though the hotel itself is the equivalent of a Days Inn.

Every hotel has its pros and cons.  Obviously for you, every hotel that US utilizes is substandard only because US utilizes it.  THAT says much more about you than it does about any of these hotels, or US/AA policy in that regard.  Your credibility is in the toilet, and has been for quite some time.  

Funny the UA hotel in TLV is on Ha-Yarkon Street which is "on the beach in the middle of the action".  So if the APA language is weak compared to your USAPA language, explain why they stay at upscale properties yet you are stuck in flea bag hotels without working air conditioning, and you yourself admit a number of the properties your company (with the support of your union) arranged for you to stay at.  As a business traveling professional I am afforded the autonomy (subject to travel policy) to select the property of my choice most convenient for my needs.  We also have the ability to stay at non-approved properties at our discretion provided there is a business need to do so. 

Josh

737823 said:

Funny the UA hotel in TLV is on Ha-Yarkon Street which is "on the beach in the middle of the action".  So if the APA language is weak compared to your USAPA language, explain why they stay at upscale properties yet you are stuck in flea bag hotels without working air conditioning, and you yourself admit a number of the properties your company (with the support of your union) arranged for you to stay at.  As a business traveling professional I am afforded the autonomy (subject to travel policy) to select the property of my choice most convenient for my needs.  We also have the ability to stay at non-approved properties at our discretion provided there is a business need to do so. 

Josh

Well aren't YOU SPECIAL! --- "I get to choose my own hotel because I am very special and I don't have to go where I don't want to."  Up y---s, A----pe.   Working for others is always a trade off.  You're obviously obsessed with airlines and crews or you would not bother with these forums where you insist on inserting your pea-brained comments.  Why not get a job as a flight attendant at UA so you can stay at all those wonderful properties you visit?

Maybe you will listen this time, although it's quite obvious you're not very good at it.

Just because I think a hotel is a dump, does not mean that the other 40,000+ crew members at AA/US agree with me.  The hotel committees do their best for the group, and they are under no obligation to choose hotels that would please me.  The perfect hotel for me might very well be considered obnoxious by other crew members.

Reactions: 8 people
nycbusdriver said:

Well aren't YOU SPECIAL! --- "I get to choose my own hotel because I am very special and I don't have to go where I don't want to."  Up y---s, A----pe.   Working for others is always a trade off.  You're obviously obsessed with airlines and crews or you would not bother with these forums where you insist on inserting your pea-brained comments.  Why not get a job as a flight attendant at UA so you can stay at all those wonderful properties you visit?

Maybe you will listen this time, although it's quite obvious you're not very good at it.

Just because I think a hotel is a dump, does not mean that the other 40,000+ crew members at AA/US agree with me.  The hotel committees do their best for the group, and they are under no obligation to choose hotels that would please me.  The perfect hotel for me might very well be considered obnoxious by other crew members.

Fair enough.

No interest working for UA or the other airlines, I have two friends that work as NLS F/As and when we cross paths I visit.  I understand no organization can please everyone and is perfect but my comment was more along the lines of "if so many crew members are having issues why doesn't the union (and the company) address them".  

Josh

737823 said:

Josh
7343215-the-word-troll-a-creature-from-nordic-mythology-or-someone-who-posts-inflammatory-or-off-topic-messa.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:

As a business traveling professional I am afforded the autonomy (subject to travel policy) to select the property of my choice most convenient for my needs.  We also have the ability to stay at non-approved properties at our discretion provided there is a business need to do so. 

Josh

"As a business traveling professional...."  :rolleyes:   Good God, man.  Where did you learn to talk like that?  Oh, I think i know.

"Josh" is a mid level tech dweeb who does mundane network admin stuff.  In other words, he's a nobody.  He hails from the lovely metropolis of Madurai, India.  Be advised that it is the third largest city in Tamil Nadu.  That's where he learned to talk like that.  I'm sure it impresses the chicks in Texas.

His hobby is taking pictures of airplanes and posting them on the internet.   His "likes" include the tv show Alf, the movie Kung Fu Panda, and the happenin' group, the Bee Gees.   :lol:

Now get this, Joshie.  We all are well aware of the opinions of other airlines' crew members about their hotels.  They have been fighting the same battles for years.  You don't know jack.  Now get back to work, there is a call for tech support on line 3.

Reactions: 9 people
dariencc said:

"As a business traveling professional...."  :rolleyes:   Good God, man.  Where did you learn to talk like that?  Oh, I think i know.

"Josh" is a mid level tech dweeb who does mundane network admin stuff.  In other words, he's a nobody.  He hails from the lovely metropolis of Madurai, India.  Be advised that it is the third largest city in Tamil Nadu.  That's where he learned to talk like that.  I'm sure it impresses the chicks in Texas.

His hobby is taking pictures of airplanes and posting them on the internet.   His "likes" include the tv show Alf, the movie Kung Fu Panda, and the happenin' group, the Bee Gees.   :lol:

Now get this, Joshie.  We all are well aware of the opinions of other airlines' crew members about their hotels.  They have been fighting the same battles for years.  You don't know jack.  Now get back to work, there is a call for tech support on line 3.

Thanks for a good laugh!

Josh

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts