A330 SJU

trundraguy

Feb 19, 2007
so when is enough for this miserable flight from hell? it may run on time 1 or 2 times a week and thats generous. I hear today it departs 10 minutes late with a boat load of customers from the day before. Yesterday it canceled totally! Leaves the gate only to return 1 hour later with cargo door issues and pressure problems. Sits all day with angry people and a crew going fast illegal. Company tried to say they plan on doing on "fast turn" so they don't take any action. but it goes on scheduled turn time as always. Company sends it to SJU knowing the other flight will cancel because of crew FAA legalities. Departs the gate at 4pm only to come right back 90 min later and finally cancel.
Why is this flight allowed day after day and year after year to just be the nightmare of the system. For pax crews and everyone involved. What's the deal?

it's flight 1071 and 1024. the one day from hell is right! I have done it a few times and once is enough. but why can't they fly that aircraft for a maint test PHL-BWI. Why all the way to SJU? it screws the Europe operation at night and pisses everyone off! day in and day out!

from FlightStats.com:

Flight 1071 & 1024 Overall Rating Ontime Performance Delay

Ontime: 29%

0 of 5 Very Poor Avg. Delay: 92 min

FlightStats Rating is a merit measurement considering both ontime performance and delay severity. The score, 0, shows that this flight has performance characteristics better than 0% of all other flights in the FlightStats database.

Ontime 13 21%

Late 10 16%

Very Late 5 8%

Excessive 31 50%

Cancelled 2 3%

Diverted 0 0%

Total Flights 61

We currently have quite a few flights with such great numbers. There are some flights that I will not book a customer on if they ask me to, unless they really want it. Why book someone on a flight that you know probably wont run on time to begin with? Just easier to book them on something else from the start. We have some pathetic stats on quite a few flights. Operationally, things are out of control. Its pathetic when you go to work not wondering IF you'll have a cancellation or delay, but how many. We actually had only 2 delays with misconx today and that made it a GREAT DAY! Sad, so so sad.

WATCH out this morning! I see this jewel of a trip is getting recrewed already. USAirways.com says the 9:15 San Juan flight now leaves at 5:15pm.

It used to be THE flight to take when needing to get to SJU. Sad.

Flightstats:
USAirways: 161 scheduled, 39% on time, .2(out of 5) performance rating
American: 61 scheduled, 85% on time, 4 (out of 5) performance rating

Another one in AA's favor.....

How terrible, but unfortunately predictable! I've been on the recieving end of this SJU A-330 more times than I'd like to remember as it usually makes up the LGW or MAN flight LATE almost 9 out of 10 times. Does anybody know if it is indeed true that we are in jeopardy of losing our slot at LGW because of the low reliability of this flight arriving/departing on time at Gatwick? Why is this A/C still doing the SJU turn? Years ago it used to do a MIA turn.....which sounds a little more reasonable.

Latest posts