A330's Look Like Crap!

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Well, just returned from a couple of hops across the pond, one on a 767 the other on an A330. Flew the newly painted 767 and it was in great shape, new carpeting, seats, lavs freshly painted. However, the A330 I flew was an absolute disaster. So many of the video armrest controls were broken a lot of customers couldn't even watch a movie or listen to music. The seats were worn out, the carpeting a real mess. The F/As tell me the 767s are in worse shape, I must have flown the only good 767. There's no reason the planes should be in such horrible shape. They sit for hours in PHL between hops, why isn't more being done to fix these planes?

Eye

They sit for hours in PHL between hops, why isn't more being done to fix these planes?
They don't sit for enough "hours" to do anything like you're talking about. One 330 rotates through PHL for RON maintenance each day, though.

Hard to believe that these are only an average of 5-6 years old. Maybe when they go in for paint the interiors can be spruced up a bit. Glad to hear the painted 767 had an interior cleanup/repair.

Or as the airplanes go through their heavy checks (A330's are going through their S check this winter) they will be "spruced up".

Let's hope so. I was embarrassed for the company that the 330's interiors are in such bad shape. No joke, the are THAT bad. Sad.

I was just telling my girlfriend how nice the 330s are. We are going to Rome in late March. I hope they are dusted off a bit by then.

I don't know what 330 you have been on but the ones I have been on are very nice!!

I don't know what 330 you have been on but the ones I have been on are very nice!!
PHLfa88, I'll find the tail number out. Believe me, I wish it wasn't a mess. Talked a long time with the f/as that work these planes alot and they said that most of the 330's are looking worse for the wear...767s even worse.

You forget which web board you're on.
Nothing is ever good enough here. ;)

C'mon a320av8r, just posting actual observations. Do you honestly think anyone wants to say their airline's planes look like they've been in a North Carolina pig farm?

Had a positive experience on 670 and 672 back in December. Had an issue with the PTV not staying in position but other than that I was happy with service.

-JC

Biggest complaint is the cat hairs in the cockpit. (see eye in the sky profile)
Hey thats a Maine Coon in the cockpit! :up: Probably the only cat that is smart enough to fly a plane. They are smart enough to play fetch. :)

I'd rather have a cat in the cockpit than a passenger's "therapeutic pig" in the cabin.

I was just telling my girlfriend how nice the 330s are. We are going to Rome in late March. I hope they are dusted off a bit by then.

Maybe I'll see you there.We are planning a trip there in March. Not sure where we are staying yet. I was looking at Aviano Air Base, but they are 600+ kms from Rome. Not too far from VCE, though. Speaking of which, when does the seasonal service return to VCE? Is it romantic like everyone says it is (& expensive)

Back