AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Huh?
Look, you're a paranoid goof or just not that smart of a guy. How the hell is a ta going to stall amfa?
If anything a ta will enhance the amfa drive.
Few like the association.
Yea skippy, I'm paranoid let me tell ya.
I'm realistic.
Funny you go there, that's where 700 and the weezal always went too untilll they found my info to come true all the time. The weezal even asked how the hell I knew so much more than them (members)?

Tim, THANKS for being one of the Few here at AA that recognise that the EASTERN employees stood up to the corporate greed, as well as NWA Mechanics. Many of them were Eastern mechanics as well and got to stand up twice. As a 10yr EASTERN mechanic I am proud of what we did. I along with many other mechanics around the airline system walked the picket line when the NWA guys went out. Just a shame a lot the AA guys still don't get it. They have the IGM and lets get our $$$ and let the next generation, fight for themselves. We will see what this TA brings to the current employees and future employees.
Lets see if we get sold out AGAIN....by the TWU and the IAM.....
You think you won those battles??

just by coincidence..aa announces earnings and has a conference call with analysts tomorrow. if they need a catalyst to move the stock, the positive publicity of a labor t/a announced pre-market on earnings day..good catalyst.
Sometimes an announcement of a new labor contract agreement will bring the stock down as the investors will see the cost of the new contract and how much it will affect the bottom line. AA has been struggling to get above or at least even with Delta for some time. The asso.'s and company agreement will be expensive and now they will also take into consideration the Pilots and F/A's now in talks. The 3 most expensive contracts at AA. Am I wrong here? At least I think these 3 are the most expensive, at least in the labor groups not the exects. contracts. LOL.

You think they had every intention of sacrificing themselves???
Ex Eastern employees did. When Eastern shut down before Lorenzo started the New Eastern there was a handful of Eastern employees who took their own lives. I believe somewhere around 30 or so. That's a sacrifice.

just by coincidence..aa announces earnings and has a conference call with analysts tomorrow. if they need a catalyst to move the stock, the positive publicity of a labor t/a announced pre-market on earnings day..good catalyst.
I would agree with this but does this alone move the company toward the union demands?
I don’t think so I have a feeling those meetings will be needed on the 29th

Sometimes an announcement of a new labor contract agreement will bring the stock down as the investors will see the cost of the new contract and how much it will affect the bottom line. AA has been struggling to get above or at least even with Delta for some time. The asso.'s and company agreement will be expensive and now they will also take into consideration the Pilots and F/A's now in talks. The 3 most expensive contracts at AA. Am I wrong here? At least I think these 3 are the most expensive, at least in the labor groups not the exects. contracts. LOL.

it could be..but:

wall street has harped on aa's labor strife/poor numbers AND has also inferred (as recently as last quarter) that aa is stingy with it's employees.

if anything, aa should brag to the shareholders that they only give it's employees 5% of pre-tax income.

aa's CapEx will now shrink going forward...generating a lot of free cash - and aa has promised that will go to the shareholders. i'll bet that the dividend will be increased in the next 2 quarters.

I would agree with this but does this alone move the company toward the union demands?

we'll see. it's only a coincidence..tim's theory and earnings date.

do i believe that the union has forced the company? not really.

do i believe that parker/isom are feeling pressure from investors and don't want to lose their gigs? yes.

their fault. it didn't have to be this way nor last this long. i don't believe the assoc. asked for the store. they are stingy. maybe they hold us in contempt, maybe they hold all union negotiations with contempt.

just remember, prior to earning billions from 2016-now, the company gave the ticket agents 2.5% yearly raises in 2015 for the last 2 years of their deal. even after those billions and more money freeing up due to less equipment purchases, company wanted/wants to give us 2% a year??

stingy.

Ex Eastern employees did. When Eastern shut down before Lorenzo started the New Eastern there was a handful of Eastern employees who took their own lives. I believe somewhere around 30 or so. That's a sacrifice.
Yes i knew a lot of eastern people some are still working from the Trump shuttle.Ill tell you what ill keep my mouth shut on this one no reason to open an old wound

good point, but i have had that thought for the past 3 or 4 earnings calls..

we'll see. it's only a coincidence..tim's theory and earnings date.

do i believe that the union has forced the company? not really.

do i believe that parker/isom are feeling pressure from investors and don't want to lose their gigs? yes.

their fault. it didn't have to be this way nor last this long. i don't believe the assoc. asked for the store. they are stingy. maybe they hold us in contempt, maybe they hold all union negotiations with contempt.

just remember, prior to earning billions from 2016-now, the company gave the ticket agents 2.5% yearly raises in 2015 for the last 2 years of their deal. even after those billions and more money freeing up due to less equipment purchases, company wanted/wants to give us 2% a year??

stingy.
stingy is not what i would use, greedy is a more likely alternative. since the company monitors this website there are few more that describe them a lot better then that.

until then just "going for mediocre" if we can just pass spirit air in the rankings....

You think they had every intention of sacrificing themselves???

YES. Absolutely they did. I walked with a many at DFW and all of them told me they had too, they were forced to as the company was asking for unjustifiable amounts of pay cuts, as well as more than 53% of their members, that's a 53% minimum No vote. the company wanted it to happen and the guys did in fact know they had to and yes for a sacrifice to themselves. At first, maybe not, but in the end they had to follow through to the end and sacrifice for the industry, period.

And to add to all that, not one single union on property would help the AMFA members at NWA, so AMFA Loc. 11 stepped up and helped them. Our Loc. got approval from the Loc. 11 membership to help pay for NWA strikers mortgages, auto payments, heating oil bills, groceries, events for their kids to keep school events going, insurance on the houses, cars life in general so they could keep going strong during their much sacrificed duty to the industry. After that word got out they did start to receive even more help from outsider unions including the automotive unions that sent some rather large cash payments over to them to help out.

Also no other on property union would respect the strike line as well. Only an outsider union the Teamsters Truckers respected the strike and did not cross it. They turned many trucks around from entering NWA property to deliver any goods to NWA while they were on strike. Other unions on property were simply disrespecting the strike by AMFA and crossing the lines to go to work as well as even sucking up some of AMFA's jobs and working them (hello IAM folks). As time goes on people tend to forget a lot.

Al, they my not won the final outcome, but they did in fact sacrifice for themselves and the industry as a whole, AND they showed the industry how to stand up up for your members and not cave and cowardly give into all the companies unreasonable demands to destroy the mechanic ranks. NWA's #1 priority was to get rid of AMFA and this is why all the airline industry was and/or is afraid of getting AMFA in, because they will stand up for their membership. AA does not want this, they want to keep the ever so faithful to them, the TWU mainly, and this asso. so they can keep the secret agreements going forward forever... The time for change is NOW.

You're forgetting similar rumors before last quarter state of the airline

We don't have (Good) profit sharing because the Unions collectively didn't want it.
The worst union leader ever gave it away (TWU) for a 3% raise just months in front of a contractural industry pay adjustment. If he had waited until after the adjustment then you could make a case for swapping. Once again a major **** up by the TWU, without any say by the membership. Did the stews & pilots have a wage adjustment on the horizon? I don't think so,

ALUS "YES" I Absolutely DO.. and I am not the only Eastern Mechanic who feels that way. Back then the IAM was a strong Union. Represented a Big Majority of the airlines. Continental, UAL, TWA, Eastern, USAir, NWA, Alaska, and so on..Now the IAM is a company Lap dog Union, Not as Bad as the TWU, or the IBT but the union who has punked you guys at LUS/AA.

Hopefully if you are part of the maintenance class and craft group you have signed an AMFA card so that both the LAA & LUS guys can reboot and start fresh with new leadership.

Back